6 Ways to Fix iPhone Stuck on iOS 15 “Verifying Update” Error
"Why is my iPhone update not verifying? It keeps saying verifying update. How long should iPhone say verifying update? It seems the iPhone just stuck there"
iOS 15 verifying update error must the be top issue when people update their iPhones, like iPhone 8 to iOS 15. When you face the issue, you must calm down, figure out the right way to fix it. In the following, suggestions and details for how to fi iOS 15 verifying update errors are introduced. Check the details.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Must Do Lists while Updating iPhone to iOS 15
- Part 2. 6 Ways for How to Fix iOS 15 Update Stuck on Verifying Update
- Part 3. How to Recover Data Lost While Updating to iOS 15
Part 1. Must Do Lists while Updating iPhone to iOS 15
There is a lot of preparation work before we get the iPhone update to iOS 5 if you want to make the process smooth. Have you done it? If not, check whether it is the factor that causes the iOS 5 verifying update error.
- Does the iPhone was fully charged? You know every time when we update to iOS, one of the officially prepare work is fully charging your iOS device. If not, there will be problems. If the battery is not fully charged, you should do it right now.
- Is there enough storage for your iPhone to take iOS 15. It can be a big issue if there isn’t enough space for your iPhone to take iOS 15. Typically, an iOS update is between 1.5GB and 2GB. You should twice the space to download and install the update. Check the available space on your iPhone. tap Setting > General > About > Available. If there isn’t enough space, you should delete your data, especially videos and photos to get space for the update. Give you a tip. next time, instead of updating iOS on iPhone directly, do it via iTunes on your computer. it at least saves the installation file size since the download is on computer iTunes.
- Is iPhone connected with Wi-Fi? Updating iOS 15 on iPhone needs the network to download and install the update. You should have a stable Wi-Fi connection. Otherwise, it will be stuck on iOS 15 verifying update.
- Have you created a backup file? I know it seems the backup has nothing to do with the iOS 15 verifying update error. However, it is the most reliable to keep your data safe and a backup file is needed if you finally failed to deal with iOS 15 verifying update error.
If any of the above-mentioned top 3 preparations you haven’t done, then you should follow the following 6 ways to fix iPhone stuck on verifying update first, then do the prepare work, and update to iOS 15 again.
Part 2. 6 Ways for How to Fix iPhone Stuck on iOS 15 Verifying Update
Method 1. Lock & Wake Up iPhone
It might solve the problem of the iPhone being stuck on verifying update by locking and waking up it again. You can try 2 or 3 times continuously. Just press the Sleep/Wake up button first, then press the Home button and unlock it. Though you have done nothing to change anything on your iPhone, it sometimes resumes the update.
Method 2. Hard Reset iPhone
Sometimes the iOS 15 has finished. However, it shows "verifying update" on the interface. in this case, you should make it to show the real status by hard reset your iPhone. Yes, hard resetting iPhone functions like restarting iPhone. If you have a problem with your PC, you always restart it, right? It’s the same logic.
- [For iPhone 6/6s/SE/earlier] Press the Home button and power button at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both the buttons.
- [For iPhone 7/7 Plus] Hold down the Power button and the Volume down button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, let them go.
- [For iPhone X/8] here you need to press and hold a button in a short time for 3 buttons. Press and hold the Volume up button, then let it go > press and hold Volume down button and let it go > last, hold the side button until the iPhone turns off then restart.
Method 3. Put iPhone into DFU Mode
DFU Mode is a status you can use to fix the iOS 15 verifying update issues. Generally, the iPhone will be recovered from DFU mode.
1. Though it operates on iPhone, you still need iTunes for help. Connect your iPhone with iTunes via its original digital cable. After then, launch iTunes.
2. Turn the iPhone off (press the Sleep/Wakte button at the top of the iPhone) if it isn’t off already.
3. Hold and press the Home button as well as the Sleep/Wake button for 10 seconds. When it turns off, let go of the Sleep/Wake button.
4. Keep holding the Home button unless you see an iTunes message "Your iPhone is been detected in recovery mode".
5. It doesn’t mean you put the iPhone in DFU mode, then it will solve the verifying update error for iOS 15. Next, you need to make a choice:
Method 4. Download iOS 15 Update Again
If you have tried method 1 to method 3, getting your iPhone out of the stuck, but still failed to update to iOS 15, then you can download iOS 15 again for the update.
1. Delete the iOS download first by tap Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Find the iOS update in the list, tap it to get the Delete Update option.
2. Tap Settings > General > Software Update to download the update again. Please remember to check the to-do lists in part 1, making sure you have done the prepare work.
Method 5. Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup
In Method 3 we have mentioned that you can restore your iPhone with iTunes backup to make it work again. Yet, restoring is always a great option than no choice.
After you connecting iPhone with your iTunes, if you can see your iPhone detected on iTunes, then you click "Restore Backup" directly. If not, you need to learn how to put iPhone into DFU mode as Method 3 before the "Restore" feature is available.
Method 6. Update iPhone to iOS 15 via iTunes
I mentioned in the first place that updating the iPhone to iOS 15 via iTunes could be the best way. Why? The network on a computer is more stable than on iPhone Wi-Fi connection and the storage on the computer is far more enough for the download package download which mostly causes errors in iOS updating on iPhone.
After you enter DFU mode in Method 3 or you can see your iPhone detected by iTunes, then you can try this method.
1. Go to Apple's official site to get the latest iTunes version installed on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone with your computer via a digital cable.
3. Launch iTunes > Check for Update.
Part 3. How to Recover Data Lost While Updating to iOS 15
Some people said they haven’t backed up iPhone before upgrading to iOS 15 and there are some important files lost due to the update errors. In this case, you must use iPhone data recovery software for help. Only with professional data recovery software, you can retrieve files as you needed.
iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery is a trustworthy tool. It’s developed for individuals to recover files deleted or lost from iPhone due to different reasons. It has helped thousands of rescue data from iPhones and iPads. What is it for?
Your Best iPhone Data Recovery Software
- Recover files from all iPhone models.
- 3 modes of iPhone data recovery: recover directly from iPhone, recover from iTunes and iCloud backup files.
- Simple clicks to recover photos, videos, contacts, text messages, notes, and more on iPhone in 3 steps.
Steps for how to use this software to recover lost files from iPhone/iPad after iOS 15 update.
1. Download and install the software on your Mac or PC. There are separate versions for the computer OS respectively.
2. Choose one of the recovery modes to find lost files.
3. When all the recoverable files are displayed for you, select them to preview. After then, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.