5 Solutions for Fix Pictures on SD Card Not Showing in Gallery
"Why are SD card photos not showing in Gallery? or file///sdcard/gallery? The other day, it worked properly. And today it just quit working. Anyone can tell me how do I view images from my memory card in my gallery?"
It’s a common issue that users usually encounter. You can see many people are asking the same question. Here in the following, let’s learn the solution for pictures in SD card not showing in Gallery.
Part 1. Why SD card images not showing in gallery and 6 Best Solutions
What a pity when you find your pictures on SD card not showing in gallery. There are many reasons that cause the problem. You should know what they are and the corresponding solution. Here are the details below.
#1. Poor connection for your SD card. You can check out whether the pictures on SD card not showing in gallery is caused by poor connection with the following tries:
- a. use a safe way to reinsert your memory card to your Android phone (Go to Storage > Unmount SD card > power off your Android phone > Remove the card from your Android phone > Restart your Android phone).
- b. Remove the SD card from the current Android device, and then insert it to another Android device or computer, checking out whether you can see the pictures or not.
- c. Clean up the SD card and SD card slot with a soft cloth. After then, restart your Android device.
- d. Reboot your Android device, check out whether the disappeared pictures showing on your Android gallery app or not.
#2. The file system is not compatible. If you can view SD card pictures on your computer but cannot preview them in Phone, there may be a file system problem. Android does not support NTFS, you can try to convert the memory card file system to FAT, Ext3, and Ext4.
#3. NOMEDIA file in the memory card. If there is a file on your SD card or Android device, then pictures in SD card not showing on SD card. It is a .nomedia. You can search for the file on your Android device. If you find it, delete it and restart your Android device again. After that, you can see you have fixed the problem of memory card photos not showing in gallery or "file///sdcard/gallery".
#4. Pictures are hidden. Sometimes the pictures on SD card not showing in gallery mostly because they’re hidden. To show the hidden pictures on SD card, you should connect your Android device or the SD card with your computer directly > click to open the SD card > Find the "View" tab and check the option "Hidden items".
#5. Virus attacks and infected pictures are quarantined. Your security software on your computer might quarantine any pictures infected with the virus. However, you can find the quarantined pictures by going to the security software or "Windows Defender" > find "History" > "Quarantined items". If you’re sure the virus is cleaned up, then you can restore the quarantined pictures on SD card.
#6. Pictures are deleted or there is a problem on your SD card. When pictures are deleted or there is an incompatible problem with your memory card, the pictures in SD card not showing in gallery. In this case, you should try iBeesoft Data Recovery to get back the pictures on the SD card first. Otherwise, you’ll lose the pictures permanently. If there is a problem with your SD card, you can fix it by formatting the SD card after recovering pictures from the SD Card.
Part 2. Recover Deleted Pictures from SD Card Gallery - iBeesoft Data Recovery
Your Safe & Effective SD Card Photo Recovery Software
- Restore pictures on SD card not showing in Gallery with simple steps: scan and restore.
- The best SD card recovery software can fully compatible with pictures in various formats, including JPG, PNG, GIF.
- Rescue any other files trapped in the memory card as well.
- Simple and easy to use, no jargon, developed with the most advanced data recovery technology.
Here are the simple steps for how to recover pictures on SD card not showing in gallery on Android devices.
How to Fix Pictures on SD Card Not Showing in Gallery
- Install photo data recovery software
- Scan SD card pictures not showing in gallery
- Retrieve pictures on SD card not showing in gallery
Click the DOWNLOAD button to get the installation package of SD card picture recovery software. There are two versions, one is for Windows PC and another is for Mac. Choose the right version according to your computer operating system. After then, connect your SD card with your computer via an Android device or e-card reader.
Launch the tool. Next, you’re led to the drive list. Please select the SD card as the target drive to scan and recover missing pictures. Click "Scan", letting the unformat and undelete SD card software to scan memory card for the pictures not showing in gallery.
Last, wait for the scanning process to finish. After then, you can see all the found pictures by clicking the "Pictures" category in the left panel. Checking out the details on the right side. When you find the pictures in SD card not showing in gallery, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
After you get back pictures on SD card not showing in gallery, feel free to fix your SD card now. You can right-click it and select "Format". Formatting is the basic method to solve all kinds of problems on your SD card.