It’s a common issue that users usually encounter. You can see many people are asking the same question. Here in the following, let’s learn the solution for pictures in SD card not showing in Gallery.
What a pity when you find your pictures on SD card not showing in gallery. There are many reasons that cause the problem. You should know what they are and the corresponding solution. Here are the details below.
1. Poor connection for your SD card. You can check out whether the pictures on SD card not showing in gallery is caused by poor connection with the following tries:
2. NOMEDIA file in the SD card. If there is a file on your SD card or Android device, then pictures in SD card not showing on SD card. It is a .nomedia. You can search for the file on your Android device. If you find it, delete it and restart your Android device again. After that, you can see you have fixed the problem of SD card photos not showing in gallery or "file///sdcard/gallery".
3. Pictures are hidden. Sometimes the pictures on SD card not showing in gallery mostly because they’re hidden. To show the hidden pictures on SD card, you should connect your Android device or the SD card with your computer directly > click to open the SD card > Find the "View" tab and check the option "Hidden items".
4. Virus attacks and infected pictures are quarantined. Your security software on your computer might quarantine any pictures infected with the virus. However, you can find the quarantined pictures by going to the security software or "Windows Defender" > find "History" > "Quarantined items". If you’re sure the virus is cleaned up, then you can restore the quarantined pictures on SD card.
5. Pictures are deleted or there is a problem on your SD card. When pictures are deleted or there is an incompatible problem with your SD card, the pictures in SD card not showing in gallery. In this case, you should try iBeesoft Data Recovery to recover the pictures on the SD card first. Otherwise, you’ll lose the pictures permanently. If there is a problem with your SD card, you can fix it by formatting the SD card after recovering pictures from the SD Card.
Here are the simple steps for how to recover pictures on SD card not showing in gallery on Android devices.
Click the DOWNLOAD button to get the installation package of SD card picture recovery software. There are two versions, one is for Windows PC and another is for Mac. Choose the right version according to your computer operating system. After then, connect your SD card with your computer via an Android device or e-card reader.
Launch the tool. From the first window, you can see it is ready to recover the selected file types. To shorten the whole scanning process, you’re supposed to deselect other file types and only keep "Pictures" selected. After then, click "Start" to recover photos from SD card on Mac or Windows PC.
Next, you’re led to the drive list. Please select the SD card as the target drive to scan and recover missing pictures. Click "Scan", letting the best SD card recovery software to scan SD card for the pictures not showing in gallery.
Last, wait for the scanning process to finish. After then, you can see all the found pictures by clicking the "Pictures" category in the left panel. Checking out the details on the right side. When you find the pictures in SD card not showing in gallery, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
There is an option named as "Deep Scan" in the result window. It is a feature for users to find more files on SD card or computer. You can restart the whole scanning and recovery process with this mode. It takes longer, but worth it. More files will be found.
After you recover pictures on SD card not showing in gallery, feel free to fix your SD card now. You can right-click it and select "Format". Formatting is the basic method to solve all kinds of problems on your SD card.