5 Ways to Fix Voice Memos Disappeared from iPhone Problem
A voice memo allows an individual to record an audio clip whenever required. It works as a journal and helps one to listen to the same later. Many people complain that "why did my voice memos disappear", "all my voice memos are gone" or "voice recording disappeared on iPhone". The common reasons why they disappear are:
- Cleaning the storage of the iPhone
- Updating OS to the latest version
- Virus or malware attack
- Accidentally formatting the Phone
Now, if you are facing a similar situation and like to restore the files, then there five different solutions. Continue reading ahead to find the answers to the voice memos disappeared iPhone situation.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1: Recover Unsaved Voice Memo on iPhone without Backup
- Part 2: Fix iPhone Voice Memos Disappeared from iCloud Backup
- Part 3: Fix My Voice Memos Disappeared iTunes Backup
- Part 4: How to Restore Voice Memos from iCloud Backup
- Part 5: How to Retrieve Voice Memos from iTunes Backup
Part 1: Recover Unsaved Voice Memo on iPhone without Backup
When I learned that all my voice memos are gone on my iPhone, I was panicked. However, I looked for a solution that helped me get back the files with ease. With the assistance of the iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery program, getting back the deleted or lost voice memos was possible. It uses advanced technology and algorithm to scan the device and display the recoverable files. The key features of the software are:
Your Effective Recover Unsaved Voice Memo iPhone Tool
- Advanced technology to find any file format from the iPhone. It can support all the variants of the iPhone.
- Irrespective of the situation of how you lost the voice memos, the program retrieves them with ease.
- You can preview the file before restoring it. You can furthermore get the disappeared iPhone voice memos from iCloud and iTunes backup files.
Step-by-step Guide to Recover Unsaved Voice Memo from iPhone using iBeesoft
As a pre-requisite, you must download and install the trial version of the software on your computer. Ensure to establish a connection between your iPhone and computer. Follow the steps below to recover the files:
- Launching it will display the main window that shows the different ways to get data back.
- Choose "Recover from iOS Device" option.
- Get disappeared voice memos back from iPhone
The app will identify the connected iPhone automatically. If it does not, then confirm on the phone by clicking "Trust this computer" message. Press "Scan" to proceed.
After completion, the software will show the recoverable files in a new window. You can see the content by selecting it and seeing the thumbnail in the right pane of the screen. Using this, you can mark all the essential voice memos and press "Recover" to restore them. Choose an external location or folder (preferably on the computer) to save the files.
Part 2: Fix iPhone Voice Memos Disappeared from iCloud Backup
If you are using an iPhone without connecting to the computer, you probably enabled the "Backup to iCloud" option. It allows you to upload all the files on the phone to the cloud, which you can access from anywhere. If you have lost voice memos or any other data, you can use this method to recover deleted voice memos on iPhone.
- The first step involves signing into the iCloud account. Click the "Recover from iCloud" option from the main screen of the iPhone voice memos disappeared fix program and input the iCloud login details.
- The software will show the backup files available on the cloud. You can choose the recent backup file and press the "Scan" button.
- The window will show all the files after completing the scan. You can then proceed by choosing the voice memo files under the "Voice Memos" section from the tree directory. Tick the files and press the "Recover" key to restore.
Part 3: Fix My Voice Memos Disappeared iTunes Backup
Extracting voice memos from the iTunes backup file is possible. For this procedure, we are assuming that you already have the latest iTunes installed and created a recent backup of the iPhone.
- Start the iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery for Mac or Windows program and choose "Recover from iTunes" option from the main window. The option allows the program to scan for iTunes backup files present on the computer and show them on the screen. You can then pick the recent file and click "Scan" to fix the "why did all my voice memos disappear" process.
- The fix voice memos disappeared iPhone program requires a few minutes to complete the process of scanning the selected iTunes backup file. It will show all the data in a new window upon completing the process. It will categorize the records according to the file type, making it easy for you to choose the needed files with ease. Use the directory to see the voice memo files under the "Voice Memos" file type. You can preview files and mark them accordingly. After completing the selection of the files, click "Recover" to restore. Choose a new folder or path on the computer to save the data.
Note: If you connect the iPhone to the computer regularly, then you will have the latest backup files. The above procedure is helpful when you lose data.
Part 4: How to Restore Voice Memos from iCloud Backup
Restoring voice memos disappeared iPhone is possible with the help of a backup file from the iCloud. However, it is not the preferable answer, as it erases all the existing data (files stored after the previous backup).
- Start the process by updating the phone’s OS to the latest version. Do it by heading to "Settings > General > Software Update". Update to the newest version, if there is any.
- Now, check for the recent iCloud backup file. Do it by clicking "Settings > Apple ID". Click the device name and review for the date of the latest data.
- If there is a backup, you can proceed to erase all the content of the iPhone. Head to "Settings > General > Reset" and click "Erase All Contents and Settings".
- After the device erases everything, it will restart. You can follow the steps that appear on the screen to set up the phone. Once you are on to "Apps and Data" page, choose "Restore from iCloud Backup" feature.
- You can then sign into the iCloud account and choose the recent backup file. Wait for the process to complete. After completion, you are likely to find the disappeared voice memos.
Note: Note that the process erases all the content, and restoring the deleted data is not possible. Therefore, ensure that you have created the latest backup before proceeding with the fix iPhone voice memo disappeared steps.
Part 5: How to Retrieve Voice Memos from iTunes Backup
The other method through which one can get back the disappeared voice memos is from the iTunes backup file. Whenever one connects the iPhone to the computer, the iTunes syncs automatically and creates a full backup automatically. Before starting with the following actions, connect the device to the computer using the provided USB cable.
- Launch iTunes software by clicking the icon on the computer. iTunes will detect the iPhone automatically and display the same.
- Click the "File" feature from the menu list and choose "Devices". From the options that appear, select "Restore from Backup" to fix voice memos on iPhone disappeared.
- After selecting the option, click "Restore Backup" from the windowpane at the bottom.
- Now, choose the backup file that is recent (probably the recent file contains the lost voice memos) and press the "Restore" button to fix disappeared voice memos from iPhone.
- Wait for the process to complete. The time required to complete the action depends on the size of the backup file. After completion, you can browse to the voice memos folder to see the lost files appear.