How to Fix PSP Not Reading Games in Memory Stick
Though people can play games on smartphones and tablets, some people still like to play games on PSP. However, sometimes PSP not reading games from the memory card. To continue the playing, you need to learn how to fix PSP memory stick cannot be read. Here in the following, we’re going to cover 2 parts.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Fix PSP Not Reading Games from Memory Card
- Part 2. How to Fix PSP Memory Stick without Losing Data
- Part 3. How to Format PSP Memory Stick
Part 1. How to Fix PSP Not Reading Games from Memory Card
If the file format is compatible with the PSP and the PSP not reading games from memory card, then you need to try to put the video game to the right game folder. Here are the simple steps.
- Turn on PSP and wait for it to boot into the PSP menu.
- Use a digital cable to connect your PSP with your computer.
- Enable the USB connection on the PSP. When your computer appears the window, it means the connection is finished.
- Find and open the folder where you have put the games that PSP not reading. Generally, it is in one of the folders, "GAME" folder, "GAME150" or "GAME5XX". Move the game from the folder to another folder.
- Disconnect the PSP from the computer.
- Go into your PSP XMB and run the game. If it works, then you can play now. If not, you should check out whether the PSP memory stick is in good condition or not. If not, you need to format the memory stick, trying to fix the PSP memory stick cannot be read.
Part 2. How to Fix PSP Memory Stick without Losing Data
If there is a problem with your PSP memory stick, or there is a message telling "stop using the device", you must stop using the PSP, get the data back, and format the PSP memory stick, fixing the problem of your PSP not reading memory stick.
iBeesoft Data Recovery is the best software to retrieve lost files on a PSP memory stick no matter for what reason the data trapped there or lost. Only after recovering the files from the PSP memory stick, you can feel free to format the PSP memory stick. Here are the simple steps for how to recover deleted files from a memory stick.
Download iBeesoft Data Recovery to restore files from PSP!!!
- Select PSP memory stick to scan
- Preview and recover files from PSP
In the next window, you can see all hard drives are listed. Please find the PSP memory stick, select it and click "Scan", letting the software looking for the lost or deleted files on PSP.
Wait until the scanning process is finished. After then, you can see all found files are put into a category, listing on the left panel. Select the file type in the left panel and check out the details on the right side. When finding the target files, select them, and click "Recover". Save them on your computer, not on the PSP memory stick again. It might cause data loss again.
Part 3. How to Format PSP Memory Stick
- Push the Home button of PSP.
- After then, push the LEFT arrow key repeatedly until you’re navigated to Settings.
- Press the DOWN arrow key until you see SYSTEM SETTINGS.
- Press the X button > push the DOWN arrow key until you see Format Memory Stick.
- Press the X button > confirm the format and let it finish the whole process.
Hope the above-mentioned tips can help you fix PSP not reading games from memory card. No matter what happens, keeping your data safe. You can use iBeesoft Dbackup to back up the files regularly. If the files were lost, try iBeesoft Data Recovery to retrieve them. The sooner the better.