How to Reset Canon Rebel DSLR to factory settings
Can you imagine professional photography without DSLR? No, it’s not possible. The reason lies in the availability of vast customization options. So, it’d be a matter of great regret to lose our photos while resetting. This article will tell you how to reset canon camera and stay creative without losing any of your photos.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to reset Canon camera to factory settings
- Part 2. How to recover lost videos and photos after reset Canon camera
What are the reasons for resetting your Canon Rebel DSLR?
On the way of learning photography, we reset our DSLR many times for various reasons. We often reset particular module. But sometimes, it becomes necessary to reset canon camera to factory settings
- Sometimes, we see software glitch which leads to factory reset.
- Sometimes, we experiment a lot and get lost in the jungle of options. It also needs a factory reset and it usually happens to the new learners. Professionals don’t face this type of problems.
- Sometimes, it shows some problems like our computer or smartphone which also needs factory reset that solves the problem.
All of us are not a technical person. So, it’s common for us to take the easy solution to a problem which is performing the factory reset Canon camera. We can lose some data while taking the easy steps. But don’t worry because, at the end of this article, we’ll show you how to recover the lost data.
Now, let’s talk about how to do the reset Canon Rebel DSLR to factory settings.
How to reset a Canon camera?
We’ve talked about the reasons. Now, it’s time to see the procedure to perform a factory reset to my Canon Rebel DSLR. This procedure applicable for all Rebel models.
- At first, turn it on and set the top mode setting wheel to "M" for manual exposure.
- Secondly, press the "MENU" button and scroll all the way to the second right option where it has "Clear settings" option among many.
- Then, scroll to the "Clear settings" option and press "SET" button.
- Finally, you’ll see two options.
You’ve to perform both resetting to ensure the factory reset.
There you go. All done. Let’s take a look at a short video on how to reset all Canon Rebel DSLRs. Resetting Canon camera to factory settings will result in data lost completely from the device. To retrieve your data back, you should try canon camera memory card recovery.
Part 2. How to recover lost videos and photos after reset Canon camera
To find lost files from Canon camera after factory settings, you requires a data recovery software. iBeesoft data recovery software is that type of tool you need to resume your valuable pictures, videos, or anything from Canon camera easily and quickly.
The software has the free version so that you can have a look at its performance without paying any money. If you like the software, you can buy it for your Windows or Mac. The following sections will give you a brief description of features of iBeesoft and how you can recover deleted photos from Canon camera with it.
Your Safe & Effective Canon Camera Recovery Tool
- Recovers permanently deleted files from Canon camera or Canon camera reset recovery.
- Gets data that gets lost while copying, restoring factory settings, or incorrectly moving devices
- Finds data that is lost due to the drives that show RAW, inaccessible, or corrupted drive, Windows reinstallation, virus attack, or software/hard drive/system crash.
How to recover Canon camera reset lost files
You must be thinking why should I use data recovery software where I always back up my data before a factory reset? Well, don’t we make mistakes all the time? This procedure helps restore the accidental deletion of photos. This will help recover data not only from your camera’s memory but also from your thumb drives. So, let’s see how to get data back after resetting Canon camera settings using iBeesoft Data Recovery.
- At first, download the software from here. It has Windows or Mac data recovery versions. Please select the version for your system and install it.
- Then connect your camera to your PC. Open iBeesoft data recovery on your computer.
- Next, select the targeted SD card and click "Scan".
- After finishing scanning, you’ll see all your deleted photos. Now, select the images you want to recover and click on "Recover"
That’s it. You’ve got your precious moments back within minutes without any hassle.