How to Recover Deleted Safari Bookmarks/Favorites on iPhone
When surfing on the internet, you can always see people are asking for help with the problem "all my bookmarks are gone from Safari on iPhone, how do I get my favorites back on safari from iPhone". It’s normal to see Safari bookmarks disappear from your iPhone when you use your iPhone, trying to search for something.
Occasions for iPhone Safari Favorites Disappeared
- Many people say their bookmarks are gone from Safari on iPhone after an update.
- iPhone favorites disappeared sometimes because of iCloud sync failure.
- Safari favorites on iPhone deleted after reset iPhone to factory settings.
- Latest Safari favorites are removed while restoring iPhone with iTunes or iCloud backup.
- Accidentally deletion without any notice.
No matter how to lose or delete Safari bookmarks on your iPhone, you must be worried because some of them might be very important for you and you never remembered the exact website address. In this case, you just want to learn how to restore deleted Safari favorites from your iPhone. In the following, I'm going to talk about the 5 ways to fix the favorites that disappeared from Safari on iPhone.
- Quick Navigation
- #1. Retrieve Favorites on iPhone with iCloud Backup File (Available but not recommended)
- #2. Get Back after iPhone Bookmarks Gone using iTunes Backup File (Available but not recommended)
- #3. Scan for iPhone for the Deleted iPhone Safari Bookmarks (Strongly Recommended)
- #4. Extract Safari Favorites Disappeared on iPhone from iCloud Backup File (Recommended)
- #5. Extract iPhone Safari Favorites Disappeared from iTunes Backup File (Recommended)
#1. Retrieve Favorites on iPhone with iCloud Backup File
If you’ve enabled iCloud backup all the time on your iPhone, then your iPhone must be backed up to your iCloud regularly. In this case, if you find your Safari bookmarks disappeared on iPhone, you can restore your iPhone with your iCloud backup file with the following steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, select "Erase all content and settings."
- After then, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
- Choose the iCloud backup file which contains the Safari favorites on iPhone.
Cons: it might cause the latest important data on your iPhone being overwritten by the iCloud backup file if the iCloud backup file was created a long time ago.
#2. Get Back after iPhone Bookmarks Gone using iTunes Backup File
It’s almost the same with the way mentioned above to recover deleted Safari bookmarks on iPhone. The only difference is that the used backup file is the iTunes backup file. To try this way, you must ensure you have backed up your iPhone with iTunes on your computer before your Safari bookmarks disappeared on iPhone. Check out the steps:
- Connect your iPhone with your computer and please make sure you’ve installed the latest iTunes on the computer. When there is a reminder on your iPhone, you need to tap the "Trust the Computer" button, letting iTunes detect your iPhone first.
- Launch iTunes and from the Summary tab, select "Restore Backup".
- Follow the built-in wizard to restore your Safari bookmarks to iPhone via the iTunes backup file
Cons: the currently existing data on your iPhone will be replaced by the content in the iTunes backup file. It is risky as well if there are some important data there.
#3. Scan for iPhone for the Deleted iPhone Safari Bookmarks
If you’ve to delete Safari favorites from an iPhone, the best and most effective way is to scan your iPhone, recovering the deleted Safari bookmarks. The best software to do it is iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. It helps you scan for the lost Safari bookmarks. When finding the target ones, you can select them to restore. Here are the steps:
- Click the download button to get and install the iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. It is fully compatible with your computer and all versions of iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone with your computer and launch the software. From the main window, click "Recover from iOS". When your iPhone is detected, click "Scan".
- It might take a few minutes for the data recovery software to scan all files on your iPhone. After then, you can see it sorted all files into categories. Please filter out the Safari bookmarks and preview them. When finding the target ones, check them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
#4. Extract Safari Favorites Disappeared on iPhone from iCloud Backup File
As I have mentioned in method #1, it will erase all data on your iPhone by restoring iPhone with an iCloud backup file. What if we extract Safari bookmarks from the iCloud Backup file? It’s safe and efficient, which means you can only select the files you want.
- Click the download button to download and install the best iPhone data recovery software. It is the tool we need to extract the iCloud backup file.
- From the main window, click "Recover from iCloud". Sign in your iCloud to enable the software to detect the iCloud backup file. Select the right one and click "Scan".
- Follow the built-in wizard to recover deleted Safari bookmarks from iPhone via the iTunes backup file
- After then, you can see all file types are extracted and sorted into types, listed on the left side of the software. Check out the Safari bookmarks, find the right one, click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
#5. Extract iPhone Safari Favorites Disappeared from iTunes Backup File
The advantages of using the way are that it avoids data overwritten of your iPhone, which means it has no side effect to your iPhone data. Here are how to restore lost Safari bookmarks on iPhone by extracting from iTunes backup File.
- Click the download button to download and install the iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. After then, click "Recover from iTunes".
- Select the right iTunes backup file which contains your Safari Bookmarks and click "Scan".
- When it finished the scanning process, you can filter out the Safari bookmarks. Check them out, find the right one and click "Recover" to save them.