How to Recover Chrome History after Deleted/Cleared
Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers on computers, mobile phones, and tablets. It records the browsing history of the device. However, people might clear or delete browsing history purposely or unintentionally. In this case, you can see people always ask 'how to recover deleted history on google' or 'recover deleted history chrome'. Here in the following, 3 ways for how to restore chrome history are covered.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Make Use of DNS Cache to Recover Deleted History on Google
- Part 2. Recover Deleted Chrome History by Using a Data Recovery Program
- Part 3. How to See Deleted History on Chrome with Previous Version
Part 1. Make Use of DNS Cache to Recover Deleted History on Google
If you don’t have any third-party file recovery software, you can follow the steps displayed subsequently to restore history on Chrome.
- Click "Windows + R" keys at the same time and type ";cmd" and click "OK" button.
- You will see Command Prompt, in which type "ipconfig/displaydns" and hit Enter to continue.
- Websites you visited recently will be demonstrated there. You can view them to find the needing ones.
This method is fast but it has a limitation that only domains can be seen while particular pages you accessed can’t be displayed. So if you want to find all browsing history, this means may be not so helpful.
Part 2. Recover Deleted Chrome History by Using a Data Recovery Program
If the former methods don’t work very well, it is time to choose chrome history recovery software to conduct the task. iBeesoft Data Recovery is absolutely the best choice. Undoubtedly, with the distinguished performance, it enables you to restore Chrome history as well as other data, including word documents, pictures, videos, and applications from the storage device. Now download the software and follow the guide to recover deleted Google Chrome history.
How to Recover Deleted History on Google Chrome
In addition, iBeesoft Data Recovery also supports external device data recovery. So, don’t worry when a data loss accident happens to your SD card, pen drive, or external disk because this practical recovery software can fix all data loss problems on every common storage device.
- Download and instal the data recovery tool either on your computer.
- Mover to "Select Folder" and click the "Browse" button.
- Select "History" and click "Recover" button to save it.
It depends on where you want to restore Chrome history on Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, and iPad.
Tips: If you import bookmarks into other partitions, you need to select the corresponding location. The location of Chrome history is usually:"C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default". please select this location.
Part 3. How to See Deleted History on Chrome with Previous Version
- Find your Google Chrome location, usually C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Defaulte.
- Right click on "Defaulte" folder and hit "Restore previous versions" option from the menu.
- Choose the desired version and click Restore button.
This way aims at finding Chrome data (such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords, and other settings). But if the "Restore previous versions" option is unavailable, unluckily, you can’t see deleted history on Chrome as this feature is disabled on your current system.
To be honest, i can not suggest you to back up Google Chrome history regularly. You know, it is a must to clear browsing history especially you have allowed the cookies temporarily. My suggestion is making use of the bookmarks fully to save important web pages. If you have deleted or cleared Chrome browsing history, try the data recovery software to recover deleted history Chrome as soon as possible!!!
People Also Ask
Where is Google Chrome history stored?
Due to different configuration files or installation locations, the Chrome history file will be saved to different places. You can check it as follows.
- Open the browser Chrome
- type "chrome://version/" and Enter.
- Find "Profile Path" on the page that opens
- Copy the path (like C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default) behind and open it in Windows Explorer.
- In the opened folder, find a file named History.
How to See Chrome History after Recovery
network. Therefore we cannot view it directly. You can copy it to the Profile Path so that Chrome can automatically recognize it.
How to Find Deleted History on Google Chrome for Free
If you click the Del key to delete it, then you can find it in the recycle bin. If you permanently deleted it with the Shift + Del key, you can use the following method to retrieve it.
- Install and run iBeesoft free data recovery software
- Select the lost History folder to start scanning
- Select the target file and click the "Recover" to save it to a location
- Copy it to the Google Chrome Profile Path