How to Recover Photos after Factory Reset iPhone with/without Backup
How to restore photos after factory reset iPhone in simple steps.
1. Tap Settings on iPhone and choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
2. Sign in iCloud with your Apple ID.
3. Select an iCloud backup to restore deleted photos after factory reset iPhone.
Factory reset iPhone will cause all data loss on iPhone. In this case, to prevent data loss on iPhone, you're supposed to do the backup. However, sometimes for some reasons, you can't do the backup in time. In this case, you need to try iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover the previous files, like photos from iPhone as soon as possible.Download for Windows Download for macOS
"Can I recover photos after factory reset iPhone without backup? Any way to avoid photos lost permanently? Please help!"
You can always see people are asking this kind of question at discussions.apple.com or at other forums over the internet. Actually, it’s not a big problem if you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud regularly, or you’ve enabled iCloud photos, making sure that all photos are synced to iCloud simultaneously. Here in the following, we’re going to talk about 5 ways for how to recover photos after factory reset iPhone with/without Backup.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Recover Photos after Factory Reset iPhone without Backup
- Part 2. How to Extract Needed Photos from iCloud Backup
- Part 3. How to Extract Target Photos from iTunes Backup
- Part 4. iPhone Recover Photos after factory reset By Restoring from iTunes Backup
- Part 5. How to Recover Photos from iPhone after Factory Reset with iCloud Backup
Part 1. How to Recover Photos after Factory Reset iPhone without Backup
Some people do not back up their iPhone pictures to iCloud nor iTunes. For iCloud backup, the storage is limited and photos occupy too much. It’s the main reason why people do not backup iPhone to iCloud. As for iTunes backup, you have to connect your iPhone with your computer regularly for backup. It’s troublesome. However, the risk is you’re facing it to lose the photos forever once you factory reset your iPhone. The only chance is to recover photos in iPhone after reset as soon as possible, seizing the last chance to get the photos back.
If you want to recover photos after factory reset iPhone without backup at all, you need a professional iPhone data recovery software tool for help. There is no command nor any app on the iPhone can do this. And you’re supposed to carry out the recovery on the computer, preventing the risk of overwriting the erased photos on iPhone. You can try iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery, a professional tool both available at Windows or macOS based computer. Here are some of its features related to recover iPhone photos after factory reset.
Best Tool for Recover Photos after Factory Reset iPhone
- Supports more than 20 file types on iPhone, including photos and pictures in .png, .jpg, .gif, etc.
- Recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone by directly scan iPhone, extract from iTunes or iCloud backup, covering all the ways you can find over the internet for iPhone photo recovery
- Fully compatible with iPhone in iOS 14, iOS 13, iOS 12, iOS 11, and more.
- Whether you’re using Windows PC or Mac, you can free try it to recover deleted photos from iPhone without backup. It has a separate version for the OS.
Steps for how to recover photos from iPhone after factory reset without backup files
Connect your iPhone with your computer via a USB digital cable, making sure your iPhone is detected by your computer successfully. If not, please disconnect the iPhone and try again. Don’t forget to tap the "trust the computer" on your iPhone.
Step 1. Download and install iBeesoft iPhone phone recovery on your computer. It’s fully compatible with all Windows PC and Mac. You need to download the iPhone data recovery for Mac or Windows PC that’s right for your computer.
Step 2. After then, launch it and click "Recover from iOS Device". Then, you can see your iPhone is on the list. Click the "Scan" button to let the software scanning for photos lost after factory reset iPhone.
Step 3. In the result window, select file types to filter target photos. Find the ones you need, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
If you have a backup, either iTunes or iCloud backup of your iPhone, you can make full use of it to recover iPhone photos erased by factory reset the iPhone. And there are 4 ways for your references.
Part 2. How to Extract Needed Photos from iCloud Backup
Extracting needed photos from iCloud backup will avoid data overwritten, making the existing current files be replaced. To do it, try iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery’s "Recover from iCloud".
Step 1. Download and install the recover iPhone photo tool on your computer. After then, click "Recover from iCloud". Sign in your iCloud account, letting the software lists all your iCloud backups. Select the one that contains the target photos and click "Scan" to recover photos after factory reset iPhone with backup files.
Step 2. Find the needed iPhone photos you’ve deleted by factory reset your iPhone with the directory in the result window. Click "Recover" to restore on your computer.
Part 3. How to Extract Target Photos from iTunes Backup
If you have backed up the data or your iPhone to iTunes before do the factory reset, you can try the feature "Recover from iTunes" on iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery to extract target photos from iTunes backup.
Step 1. After running the APP, click "Recover from iTunes". Select the iTunes backup file with contains the target photos you’ve lost after factory reset your iPhone and click "Scan". Please note that all the iTunes backup files in the list are these you’ve backed up iPhone before using this computer.
Step 2. In the result window, please choose file types in the left side, and preview the file on the right side. Find the target iPhone photos and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Besides the above-mentioned ways for how to restore photos after factory reset iPhone with iCloud or iTunes backup, you can get back your iPhone with the backup file as well if you do not care about the existing data overwritten on your iPhone.
Part 4. iPhone Recover Photos after factory reset By Restoring from iTunes Backup
1. Upgrade your iTunes to the latest version. After then, open iTunes and connect your iPhone with it via a USB cable.
2. In the Summary directory, choose "Restore Backup", select the iTunes backup file which contains the target iPhone photos.
3. Click on "Restore", letting the iTunes do the rest for you. When the process is done, you can see the iPhone photos you've lost after factory reset your iPhone again.
Part 5. How to Recover Photos from iPhone after Factory Reset with iCloud Backup
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone and choose "Restore from iCloud backup" from "Apps and Data" screen.
2. Sign in your Apple ID and password. Choose the most recent backup of your iPhone, which contains the factory reset erased photos. When the recovery process is over, the photos will be restored to your iPhone again.