How to Recover Photos after Factory Reset iPhone with/without Backup
Factory reset iPhone will cause all data loss on iPhone. In this case, to prevent data loss on iPhone, you're supposed to do the backup. However, sometimes for some reasons, you can't do the backup in time. In this case, you need to try iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery to get back the previous files, like photos from iPhone as soon as possible.Download for Windows Download for macOS
"Can you restore photos after factory reset iphone without backup? Any way to avoid photos lost permanently? Please help!"
You can always see people are asking this kind of question at discussions.apple.com or at other forums over the internet. Actually, it’s not a big problem if you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud regularly, or you’ve enabled iCloud photos, making sure that all photos are synced to iCloud simultaneously. Here in the following, we’re going to talk about 5 ways for how to recover photos after factory reset iPhone with/without Backup.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Recover Photos after Factory Reset iPhone without Backup
- Part 2. How to Extract Needed Pictures from iCloud Backup
- Part 3. How to Extract Target Photos from iTunes Backup
- Part 4. iPhone Restore Photos after factory reset By iTunes Backup
- Part 5. How to Retrieve Photos from iPhone after Factory Reset with iCloud Backup
- Part 6. How to Make Regular Backups to Avoid iPhone Pictures Loss
Part 1. How to Recover Photos after Factory Reset iPhone without Backup
Some people do not back up their iPhone pictures to iCloud nor iTunes. For iCloud backup, the storage is limited and photos occupy too much. It’s the main reason why people do not backup iPhone to iCloud. As for iTunes backup, you have to connect your iPhone with your computer regularly for backup. It’s troublesome. However, the risk is you’re facing it to lose the photos forever once you factory reset your iPhone. The only chance is to find photos in iPhone after reset as soon as possible, seizing the last chance to get the photos back.
If you want to restore photos after factory reset iPhone without backup at all, you need a professional iPhone data recovery software tool for help. There is no command nor any app on the iPhone can do this. And you’re supposed to carry out the recovery on the computer, preventing the risk of overwriting the erased photos on iPhone. You can try iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery, a professional tool both available at Windows or macOS based computer. Here are some of its features related to get iPhone photos back after factory reset.
Best Tool for Recover Photos after Factory Reset iPhone
- Supports more than 20 file types on iPhone, including photos and pictures in .png, .jpg, .gif, etc.
- Retrieve permanently deleted photos from iPhone by directly scan iPhone, extract from iTunes or iCloud backup, covering all the ways you can find over the internet for iPhone photo recovery
- Fully compatible with iPhone in iOS 15, iOS 14, iOS 13, iOS 12, iOS 11, and more.
- Whether you’re using Windows PC or Mac, you can free try it to recover deleted photos from iPhone without backup. It has a separate version for the OS.
Steps for how to restore photos after factory reset iPhone without backup files
Download and install iBeesoft iPhone phone recovery on your computer. It’s fully compatible with all Windows PC and Mac. You need to download the iPhone data recovery for Mac or Windows PC that’s right for your computer.
- Connect your iPhone with your computer via a USB digital cable, making sure your iPhone is detected by your computer successfully. If not, please disconnect the iPhone and try again. Don’t forget to tap the "trust the computer" on your iPhone.
- After then, launch it and click "Recover from iOS Device". Then, you can see your iPhone is on the list. Click the "Scan" button to let the software scanning for photos lost after factory reset iPhone.
- In the result window, select file types to filter target photos. Find the ones you need, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
If you have a backup, either iTunes or iCloud backup of your iPhone, you can make full use of it to get back iPhone photos erased by factory reset the iPhone. And there are 4 ways for your references.
Part 2. How to Extract Needed Pictures from iCloud Backup
Extracting needed photos from iCloud backup will avoid data overwritten, making the existing current files be replaced. To do it, try iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery’s "Recover from iCloud".
- Download and install the recover iPhone photo tool on your computer. After then, click "Recover from iCloud". Sign in your iCloud account, letting the software lists all your iCloud backups. Select the one that contains the target photos and click "Scan" to recover photos after factory reset iPhone with backup files.
- Find the needed iPhone photos you’ve deleted by factory reset your iPhone with the directory in the result window. Click "Recover" to get bacl on your computer.
Part 3. How to Extract Target Photos from iTunes Backup
If you have backed up the data or your iPhone to iTunes before do the factory reset, you can try the feature "Recover from iTunes" on iBeesoft iPhone photo recovery app to extract target photos from iTunes backup.
- After running the APP, click "Recover from iTunes". Select the iTunes backup file with contains the target photos you’ve lost after factory reset your iPhone and click "Scan".
- In the result window, please choose file types in the left side, and preview the file on the right side. Find the target iPhone photos and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Besides the above-mentioned ways for how to restore photos after factory reset iPhone with iCloud or iTunes backup, you can get back your iPhone with the backup file as well if you do not care about the existing data overwritten on your iPhone.
Part 4. iPhone Restore Photos after factory reset By iTunes Backup
- Upgrade your iTunes to the latest version. After then, open iTunes and connect your iPhone with it via a USB cable.
- In the Summary directory, choose "Restore Backup", select the iTunes backup file which contains the target iPhone photos.
- Click on "Restore", letting the iTunes do the rest for you. When the process is done, you can see the iPhone photos you've lost after factory reset your iPhone again.
Part 5. How to Retrieve Photos from iPhone after Factory Reset with iCloud Backup
- Tap Settings on iPhone and choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Select an iCloud backup to recover deleted photos after factory reset iPhone.
5 Ways are introduced for you to restore photos after factory reset iPhone with and without backup. Though there are workable ways to get back files without backup file on iPhone, it is still strongly recommend you to back up iPhone regularly. It is the best way to prevent data loss on iPhone.
How to Make Regular Backups to Avoid iPhone Pictures Loss
After retrieving your iPhone photos, please remember to make a regular backup of your important photos and other data. This will really help when you lose your pictures due to any reason. You can take back up your iPhone’s data in iCloud and iTunes. Both of these two tools are handy approaches for any iOS device user.
- To back up iPhone pictures or other types of data to iCloud: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud on your iPhone, choose iCloud Backup and turn on iCloud Backup, finally click "Back Up Now".
- To back up files to iTunes: Connect your iDevice to Mac or PC using a USB cable. Click on the iPhone or iPad icon in the top left corner of iTunes, under the Play button.
Yes, there are ways available, depending on whether you have backup files or not after a factory reset iPhone. If you had backed up your iPhone before the factory reset, then you have 4 options: restore iPhone photos with iTunes or iCloud backup files respectively, or extract photos from iCloud or iTunes backup via iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery, which will not have any bad effect to the current existing files on your iPhone. If you want to recover photos after factory reset iPhone without backup, then you must make use of professional data recovery for iPhone, like iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery, to scan iPhone and retrieve lost photos.
The simplest way is making use of iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery, whether you have backup files or not. It will only retrieve lost photos from your iPhone for you, not having any bad effect on the currently existing data on your iPhone. The simplest process is
- Download and install iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery on your PC or Mac.
- Connect the iPhone with the computer where you have installed the iPhone Data Recovery software.
- Launch iPhone Data Recovery on your computer and click "Recover from iOS Device". (if you have iTunes or iCloud backup, then choose the corresponding "recover from iTunes" or "recover from iCloud")
- Click "Scan" to let the software scan iPhone, looking for the lost photos.
- When the scanning process is finished, check out the result window and click the corresponding categories, like "Pictures" in the left panel, and preview the found files on the right side.
- Select needed iPhone photos and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
There are basically 3 ways to recover photos from iCloud after a factory reset iPhone: download photos from iCloud, sync iCloud photos to iPhone or extract photos from iCloud backup files.
- For the first way, just open www.icloud.com in the web browser and sign in with your account information. Later, navigate to Photos and download the needed photos from iCloud. Select needed ones and click the Download sign to download the needed pictures.
- Sync iCloud photos to iPhone: after factory resetting your iPhone, you should set up it as a new device. After then, sign in with your Apple ID and go to General > Settings > enable iCloud and iCloud sync options, letting your iPhone sync Photos, contacts, messages, etc. from iCloud to iPhone.
- Extract iCloud backup to get iPhone photos. Download and install iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery software > click "Recover from iCloud" > sign in with iCloud account information > select iCloud backup and click "Scan" > select needed photos and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Sure, it’s possible. Whenever you permanently deleted photos from iPhone, you should do the iPhone photos recovery at once, the sooner the better. To maximize the data recovery success rate, using a professional iPhone data recovery software tool is fully recommended, like iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. It will scan your iPhone, looking for the recoverable iPhone photos and letting you recover them selectively.
It depends on whether you have enabled iCloud Photos on your iPhone or not. To enable the photos back up to the iCloud automatically feature, you need to go to Settings > your name > iCloud > tap on Photos and switch iCloud Photos to ON.
Yes, you can recover photos not backed up on iCloud with iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. This software will scan your iPhone, looking for all the recoverable photos. You can preview the recoverable photos, making sure what you're going to recover are what you need. It’s the remedy way for no iCloud backup.
There are several ways available to get photos off iPhone without iCloud.
- Transfer Photos from iPhone Camera Roll to your computer by connecting your iPhone to the computer.
- Use AirDrop to pair iOS devices or macOS (MacBook or iMac) to transfer iPhone photos to other devices.
- Transfer iPhone photos to your computer or other iOS/Android devices by using third-party tools.
- Use cloud services, like DropBox, and Google Drive to share photos.