SanDisk SD Card Recovery | How to Recover Deleted Files from SanDisk SD card
Do you ever get that sinking feeling of dread in the pit of your stomach when you realize that important photos, videos, and other files have disappeared from your SanDisk SD Card? Although there are many reasons for such disasters, many solutions are available to recover deleted files from SanDisk SD card. Don't despair; this article provides the three most effective solutions to help you retrieve precious data. With the detailed steps we've provided, you should be able to avoid the hassle of starting from scratch.
- Table of contents
- Part 1. Tip for Preparing the SanDisk SD Card Before Data Recovery
- Part 2. 3 Ways to Recover Deleted Files from an SanDisk SD Card
- Part 3. Comparison of SanDisk SD Card Recovery Solutions
- Part 4. How to Repair Corrupted SanDisk Card to Avoid Data Loss
- Part 5. FAQs
Tip for Preparing the SanDisk SD Card Before Data Recovery
To ensure the highest success rate, you can follow the following tips before starting to recover files from a SanDisk SD Card in Windows 11/10 and macOS:
- ⛔ Stop Using the Card Immediately: As soon as you realize that data has been lost, stop using the SanDisk SD card. Any additional data written to the card could overwrite the lost files, making them irrecoverable.
- 💣 Protect from Physical Damages: Handle the card carefully to prevent any physical damage. Avoid exposing the card to extreme temperatures, water, or other potentially damaging conditions.
- 🗞️ Don't Format or Reformat: While it might be tempting to fix the problem by formatting or reformatting the card, this can make SanDisk memory card data recovery more complex. It's best to leave the card in its current state.
- ✔️ Use a Card Reader: If possible, use a card reader to connect the SanDisk SD card to your computer rather than attaching a device (like a camera) that contains the card. This can help avoid potential issues with device compatibility or data corruption.
Remember, even with these precautions, not all files may be recoverable. The sooner you attempt SanDisk SD card recovery after the data loss, the better your chances.
3 Ways to Recover Deleted Files from an SanDisk SD Card
Unlike your computer's built-in disk, external storage devices such as SanDisk memory cards do not have a Recycle Bin option to avoid accidentally deleting data. Once you remove files from them, they are gone forever. If you regret it, you must resort to data recovery software to retrieve them. Therefore, you can try the following three methods to recover deleted/lost files from the SanDisk Extreme Pro or SD card. With a little patience and persistence, you can regain what you thought was lost forever.
Method 1. Use iBeesoft Data Recovery Software
Our first option is iBeesoft Data Recovery because it is particularly effective at retrieving photos and videos. Even if they are damaged, the tool can help you reorganize them.
Your Safe & Effective SanDisk SD Card Recovery Tool
- Multiple Recovery Modes: It has different recovery modes to cater to various data loss scenarios. A quick scan can recover accidentally deleted files, while a Deep Scan can find even more files by thoroughly scanning the storage device.
- Preview Before Recovery: iBeesoft allows you to preview your files before starting the recovery process. This feature helps restore the data from a wide range of devices you need selectively.
- User-friendly Interface: Wizard-like interface, making it easy for non-technical users to perform format recovery and recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11, 10, and macOS.
With the help of iBeesoft Data Recovery, you can quickly recover deleted files from SanDisk SD card by following the steps below.
- Connect your SanDisk SD card to your computer using a card reader.
- Open iBeesoft Data Recovery after downloading and installing it.
Click "Go to setting" at the bottom left of the interface to filter file types to speed up the scanning process.
- Select the SanDisk SD card in the drive list and click the "Scan" button that appears.
- After completing the scan, click the path on the left panel to locate the lost SanDisk memory card data.
- After finding the target file, click the "Preview" on the right to check whether it is complete.
Select the recoverable data and click the "Recover" button to save them.
Method 2. Use SanDisk RescuePRO
It is a data recovery solution offered by LC Technology International that recovers images, movies, and more files from all types of digital media. Although SanDisk RescuePRO has good recovery capabilities in our tests, its lack of adequate organization makes it difficult to find target files.
Here are the steps on how to use it to perform SanDisk SD card recovery:
- Download and install RescuePRO from the official website.
After running it, choose a recovery mode based on the type of files you deleted.
Select the SanDisk memory card and click "Start."
After completing the progress, select the found data and click the "Output Folder" at the top to save it.
Method 3. Use Command Prompt
This method differs from the abovementioned solution to restore data from SanDisk SD card on Mac or Windows PC. It is a built-in tool of Windows that not only repair system/drive errors but also recover deleted files using command line. Here are the guide on how to use it:
- Click the "Windows + S" keys without entering "CMD."
Find "Command Prompt" and click "Run as administrator."
- Type "chkdsk #:/f" and press Enter. (You need to replace # with the drive letter of your SanDisk SD card.)
Type "attrib -h -r -s /s /d #:*.*."
- Open the SanDisk memory card to check the missing files.
Losing important files from your SanDisk SD card can be frustrating, especially when you don't have a backup. Although the three methods can data recovery from a SanDisk SD card, you may be unsure which one is best suited for your needs. If you are stuck in this dilemma, comparing the different solutions can help you make an informed decision.
Comparison of SanDisk SD Card Recovery Solutions
You can determine the best approach to your specific needs by closely examining each solution. Whether you are a novice or an expert in data recovery, it is crucial to understand the benefits and limitations of these options clearly.
- SanDisk Card Recovery Rate
- Applicable OS
- Ease of Use
- Repair Corrupted Files
- HD Videos
- Raw Images from Digital Cameras
- iBeesoft Data Recovery
- Windows and Mac
- SanDisk RescuePRO
- Windows and Mac
- Need to upgrade to deluxe
- Need to upgrade to deluxe
- Command Prompt
Above are all the methods we have listed to recover deleted files from SanDisk SD card with their pros and cons. With their help, you should be able to regain your precious data. However, as the number of times you use a SanDisk drive increases, the chances of it getting damaged also increase. To avoid losing files due to glitches, check out the following troubleshooting.
How to Repair Corrupted SanDisk Card to Avoid Data Loss
Losing the files stored on the SanDisk card due to accidental damage is something no one wants to face. But fear not, as there are solutions to repair it and avoid potential data loss.
- ❌ For formatting before use, access is denied, the capacity is 0, or the file system is displayed as RAW: Run Command Prompt in administrator mode and enter "chkdsk #: /f /r" (# is the drive letter of the SanDisk card)
- 🔍 For SanDisk SD card not showing up in the computer: This may be due to a faulty card reader or device. Try changing the card reader or connecting it to another device to see if the problem persists.
- 🔒 For inability to write new files: This may be caused by enabled write protection. If there is a physical switch, turn it off. If not, please open Command Prompt and enter "diskpart > list disk > select disk # > attributes disk clear readonly" to remove the protection.
- 🗃️ For other symptoms: There are many reasons for SanDisk SD corruption. For this purpose, you can see more solutions to fix a corrupted SD card without losing data.
Remember, it's always best to back up your data regularly to prevent loss. If you cannot recover SanDisk SD card yourself, seek professional help.
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) for SanDisk SD card data recovery:
Yes, although the data will disappear immediately after deleting it, they are still saved in the original location. The system just clears their information in the boot sector. Therefore, you can use recovery software for Mac or PC to get them back.
Most SanDisk recovery software support almost all file types, such as photos, videos, music, documents, camera RAW files, etc.
Yes, many recovery tools like iBeesoft Data Recovery, Disk Drill, SanDisk RescuePRO, or other third-party tools can help restore lost files. However, the success rate depends on the extent of the corruption and whether the data has been overwritten.
Yes, files from a formatted SanDisk SD card can often be recovered. Formatting an SD card doesn't permanently erase the data but marks it as available space. As long as new data haven't overwritten the data, it can usually be recovered.
If you can't see your deleted files during the scan, they may have been overwritten by new data, which makes them unrecoverable. It could also be due to severe corruption in the SanDisk SD card.
To increase the chances of recovering your files, stop using the card immediately after you realize you've deleted the files. This minimizes the risk of the data being overwritten. Also, use a reliable data recovery tool as soon as possible.
While many third-party programs are safe and effective, it's essential to do your research and choose reputable online SD card recovery software. Always download tools from official websites or trusted sources to avoid malware.
Have you ever accidentally removed essential files from your SanDisk SD card, especially if they are irreplaceable? But fear not; there is hope for regaining desired data. With the help of this blog, you can easily recover deleted/lost files from SanDisk SD card in Windows 10/11 and Mac. It's important to act quickly and avoid using it until the files are recovered to prevent further data loss.