Online SD Card Recovery | Recover Deleted/Lost Files from SD Card Free
SD cards are popular storage devices because they're small, portable, and relatively inexpensive. However, like any storage device, they're not immune to data loss. Whether you've accidentally deleted a file, formatted the card, or experienced a power failure while the card was in use, there's a chance that you'll lose some or all of your data. As anyone who has ever dealt with a lost or corrupted file knows, data loss can be a frustrating and even devastating experience.
If you find yourself in this situation, don't panic. Here, we list the top 6 free SD card recovery online software to help you solve the accidental loss of files. To do so, you need to read on to get more information:
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Is it possible to make an Online SD Card Recovery?
- Part 2. Top 6 Free SD Card Recovery Online Software You Must Know
- Part 3. How to Recover Deleted/Lost Files from Memory Card Free
- Part 4. Tips for Keeping Your Memory Card Files Safe In the Future
- Part 5. Frequently Asked Questions for Data Recovery from SD Card
Is it possible to make an Online SD Card Recovery?
Whenever you lose or delete files in the memory card by accident, you might first search for a solution for online data recovery from the SD card. It's great. It means you're trying hard to make it up. Although it may be tempting to search for an SD card recovery online service, it is essential to know that there is no such thing. While many sites claim to offer this service, they are all scams.
As we all know, to extract the disappeared files, this recovery SD card online service must have sufficient permissions to analyze your card. But in fact, any online service cannot obtain a license because this has a high chance of causing our private data to leak. Do you want your life to be fully shown to everyone? It is impossible. But don't worry. It is still possible to retrieve lost data from an SD card.
In this case, you need to download an online memory card recovery software for Windows/Mac/Android to help you complete this task. There are many download centers where you can find a tool to recover deleted files from an SD card for free. You may be distressed by too many choices. Next, we will help you select the best one.
Top 6 Free SD Card Recovery Online Software You Must Know
As anyone who has accidentally deleted a file knows, data loss can be a frustrating and even costly experience. Fortunately, many free SD card recovery online programs are available to help you find lost items. Since there are so many choices, most of them are claimed to be the best and most reliable. You might get confused for choose which one. Don't worry, and we've listed five of the best freeware for your reference.
1. iBeesoft Free Data Recovery (best for Windows/macOS)
Regarding file recovery on any drive, iBeesoft Free Data Recovery is one of the most reliable and user-friendly file recovery software available today. It uses the latest scanning algorithms to track down all lost files on an SD card, and its two scanning modes (quick scan and deep scan) ensure that no file is left behind. Additionally, its repair of damaged data sets it apart from similar software. Even if your memory card data is severely damaged, iBeesoft Free Data Recovery can restore it to its original state. It is the perfect choice if you're looking for a reliable and user-friendly SD card recovery online solution.
- Unique algorithms are preferred for retrieving photos and videos.
- It supports 2000+ devices, including all brands of SD cards.
- It is fully compatible recover deleted files from SD card and format recovery in Windows 11/10/7/8 and Mac.
- The best free SD card data recovery software supports pre-recovery preview and repair of damaged files.
- Restore 2GB of files for free
2. DiskDigger (best for Android)
When we mention the free SD card recovery online software for Android, DiskDigger is a good option available. Whether you deleted photos by mistake or accidentally formatted the memory card, you can quickly recover deleted photos from the Android memory card or internal memory without rooting.
- It doesn't need to connect to a remote server to avoid privacy leaks.
- It supports a variety of recovery algorithms and has a high recovery success rate.
- It can quickly recover deleted photos from an SD card in Android phone.
- It only works on Android phones.
- No other file types are supported except pictures.
Although the need for data recovery can be a stressful experience, the process does not need to be complicated or expensive. Testdisk is an effective and free file recovery tool that can run on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. According to the introduction on its official website, this memory card recovery online software is mainly designed to undelete files and repair those partition table errors that cannot start due to human or virus reasons and system problems.
- In addition to data recovery features, it also can repair damaged partitions/systems.
- It supports almost all types of disk-based storage devices.
- It can quickly check the disk data structure and restore the partition table.
- A portable version is available, and scanning is fast.
- It works from the command line; not suitable for newbies.
- It can't preview before saving the found file.
- Formatted drive recovery is not good.
Recuva is a powerful file recovery software that can quickly retrieve lost files from memory cards, flash drives, and hard drives. It is easy-to-use and supports a variety of file types. Additionally, you can use it to recover data from formatted or damaged drives. The free SD card recovery online tool has a straightforward interface that efficiently finds and recovers lost files.
- It supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, and exFAT file systems.
- It supports up to 37+ languages.
- Even if you don't directly access the files on the iPod, it can recover lost music on iTunes or iPod.
- It only works on Windows PC.
- The basic version has functional limitations.
- It can't recover files from damaged memory cards or other drives.
5. Windows File Recovery
In 2020, Microsoft launched a data recovery tool called Windows File Recovery. In addition to recovering accidentally deleted files for free, it can also recover files from formatted or damaged drives. It is designed to be used from the command line, and the online SD card recovery app supports various file types, including documents, photos, and videos.
- It has a powerful ability to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin after empty.
- It can retrieve files from HDD, SSD, USB, and memory cards.
- It provides three recovery modes to support different data loss scenarios.
- You must be familiar with the command syntax to use it.
- It only supports local file recovery; if it is a network-shared folder, nothing can be done!
- Cannot preview files before recovery
FreeUndelete is incredibly useful for recovering deleted files from internal and external disks. Its user-friendly interface allows even those without technical experience to quickly recover their data. With powerful scanning capabilities, it can search deeply into drives and return anything that was once stored there. It is excellent if you need efficient, accurate, and secure SD card recovery online software.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Completely free and without any functional limitations.
- This free SD card recovery software for Mac or Windows also installs on a removable drive.
- It is only allowed for individual users.
- Format recovery doesn't work well.
By comparison, it is not difficult to find that iBeesoft Free Data Recovery has the best overall performance, especially since it can repair damaged files, improving the chance of successful memory card data recovery.
How to Recover Deleted/Lost Files from Memory Card Free
Losing important files from your SD card can be a frustrating experience. Whether you accidentally delete the files or format the card, it can be challenging to get your data back. But iBeesoft Free Data Recovery provides a simple and effective way to retrieve your precious files, allowing you to get back to work or play with peace of mind.
- Please connect your SD card to the memory card slot on your laptop. Make sure it is attached firmly.
- Click the download button to get this Software installation package and install it on your computer. Run it.
- In the first window, you're supposed to select the SD Card and click "Scan" to track down all missing files.
- In the result window, choose the files you need to recover from the SD card and click "Recover" to save them to your PC.
Tips for Keeping Your Memory Card Files Safe In the Future
Have you accidentally deleted important photos, videos, and other files from your card? If so, it must have been a crushing experience. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps that you can take to help prevent data loss in the future.
- 📤 Regular backup: To avoid losing SD card data, I suggest you regularly back up essential data on the memory card to your disks or Cloud storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive. Who knows when you will encounter the problems!
- 🎏 Make multiple copies: Creating various copies of your files will help to ensure that you have a backup in case one copy is lost or corrupted.
- 💎 Use a reliable card reader: A quality card reader will help reduce the risk of data loss during the transfer process.
- 😄 Store in a cool, dry place: Memory cards are sensitive to heat and humidity, so it's essential to store them in a cool, dry place.
With these simple tips, you can help to keep your memory card files safe from harm.
Frequently Asked Questions for Data Recovery from SD Card
SD card, disk, and pen drive recovery online can be daunting, especially if you're unsure where to start. Here are a few common FAQs that can help you get started.
A: The file ///sdcard is just an instruction to help Android users view the data stored in the SD card. It also includes the following commands.
- And more.
Therefore, file///sdcard online can't retrieve lost files. It only guides you to check the existing files on the SD card. If any incident happens, causing data loss on the SD card, you can only depend on online SD card recovery software to get files back, like iBeesoft Data Recovery.
A: The answer is no. Since the deleted pictures from the memory cards are invisible. You can't see them without software, then you can't find them. And any further operation on the SD card without the help of online SD card data recovery software will get the deleted photos permanently lost from the SD card.
A: Yes! When files are saved on an SD card, they will be kept in the form of a cluster and recorded in the file allocation table by default. When you delete files from an SD card or format an SD card, the file system will not empty all the files there. Instead, it will mark the cluster as empty, making it available for new data. The deleted files are still in the collections before new data is created and overwritten the deleted files. In this case, if you haven't operated on the hard drive to get new data written in, then you can get the deleted files back from the SD card.
A: There are different types of damage to the memory cards, like physical damage, sectors damage, RAW system, formatting errors, etc. In addition to physical damage, you can recover files from the corrupted memory card with freeware no matter how it gets corrupted. iBeesoft Free Data Recovery is a great option to restore data from the memory card. The online SD card recovery software lets you recover up to 2GB of files for free and will fix file corruption while scanning for recoverable files.
A: There are two types of memory cards used in Android phones: external and built-in memory cards. The above steps will allow you to quickly recover lost files if it's on an external SD card. If it is the built-in memory card in an Android phone, then you need to use professional Android recovery software for help, such as DiskDigger, AirMore, Dr.Fone, MobiSaver for Android, etc. Only they can get root permission from the Android system to scan the built-in memory cards to recover deleted files on the Android SD card.
A: Infected with a virus, reading/writing abnormally, prompting for formatting requirement, unreadable, etc., all can be the symptoms of micro SD card corruption. Don't worry. There are many ways to fix and recover files from corrupted micro SD card. You can find the right way to fix it according to the symptoms.
A: When you format an SD card, it doesn't delete the stored data. Only the address pointers are removed, which makes the data unreadable. So it is possible to recover data after formatting with special software like iBeesoft Data Recovery. Just connect the formatted SD card to your computer and launch the software. Then select the SD card and click 'Scan.' After scanning, it will scan all lost files and display them in a list. You can preview the files and select those you want to save by clicking 'Recover.'
A: If your SD card is corrupted, you can try to repair it with Command Prompt. Type 'chkdsk /f drive letter:' and hit Enter. It will scan and fix errors on the drive. If the issue is not resolved, you can try to reformat the SD card after restoring it with iBeesofte undelete or unformat SD card tool. To do this, right-click the drive letter and select 'Format.' Choose exFAT or NTFS file system and click 'Start.'
Due to personal privacy concerns, there is no online SD card data recovery service, but you can still use the above free software to recover files from SD card on Mac or Windows PC. You may need a professional data recovery service if you can still not retrieve your card data. These services can be expensive, but they can be your last chance to get your lost files back.