How to Recover Data from Transcend SD Card Free in 2 Ways
Memory cards have made our lives easy in many ways. Their compact design and versatility allow them to work with various devices and accept multiple file systems. However, while these things can hold data quite reliably and work for a long time, they are still by far the storage device most vulnerable to data loss. Transcend is a brand that has emerged as one of the leading names in SD card technology. Even their devices are prone to the same issues from time to time and if you want to recover data from Transcend SD card free, you are in the right place.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. 2 Ways to Recover Files from Transcend SD Card Free
- Part 2. How to Fix a Corrupted Transcend Memory Card
- Part 3. How to Format Transcend SD Card
Part 1. 2 Ways to Recover Files from Transcend SD Card Free
Before we talk about the methods you can use when trying to free restore data from Transcend SD card, let us clarify that facing issues on Transcend memory cards is quite rare. Their quality is at par with other top-of-the-line brands and the fact that you need to follow these steps would typically mean that you faced a serious issue with your card, possibly involving a virus attack. Of course, that is still an assumption, and issues can arrive due to any reason if you find yourself in that situation, you can use the following two methods to recover files from Transcend SD card free.
Method #1. Retrieve Deleted Files from Transcend SD Card Free with Transcend RecoveRx
As would be expected of any large manufacturer of SD cards, Transcend offers its users a dedicated recovery tool called RecoveRx. This straightforward software comes with two options to choose from, "Recover" and "Format". Running the application would give you these two options in the form of large buttons. The software supports recovery for a wide range of formats, and these include the following:
- Photo Formats: JPG, TIF, PNG, GIF, BMP, RW2, RAW, RAF, ORF, DSC, CRW
- Videos Formats: MPG, TS, SWF, WTV, RIFF, TIVO
- Document Types: DOC, TXT, PDF, CWK, PSD, PSB
- Other File Formats: ISO, MP3, RM, AIF, FCP, ITU, MID, OGG, RA
To recover files from Transcend SD card free using RecoveRx, you need to go through the following steps:
- Make sure you have your SD card connected to your computer.
- Run the RecoveRx software.
- Click on the "Recover" button to begin to Transcend SD card recovery.
- Select the SD card from the list of drives that appear on the screen and click the "Next" button.
- In the next screen, you will get the option to choose the file formats that you want to restore. Select the options you want and then click on "Start".
- The software will scan your SD card for any deleted files that it can find from the formats shared above. You will see an ETA of when the process will be completed.
- Once the scanning is complete, the software will show you the result of Transcend SD card recovery for free process in the form of different item types that it was able to get back to your computer. These will include photos, videos, Documents, and Others.
Keep in mind that the formats supported by RecoveRx are severely limited, so anything outside the formats given earlier would not be recoverable. Furthermore, users have also reported a noticeable rate of recovery failure from RecoveRx which means you would need to look elsewhere for a solution. Thankfully, this is where the second option comes in.
Method #2. Free Restore Files from Transcend SD Card with iBeesoft Free Data Recovery
When the default software does not seem to do the job for you, the obvious choice is to look elsewhere if you want to recover files from a Transcend SD card free. There are plenty of third-party tools that provide recovery services but none of them seem to stack up against what iBeesoft has to offer. The iBeesoft free data recovery software supports a wide range of SD card brands and Transcend is among its most popular SD card recovery options. In addition to that, the best free SD card recovery software also supports recovery for around 1000 file formats which means the chances of your required format not being supported are negligible.
The best free SD card recovery software for Mac or Windows allows users to download up to 2 GB of recovered data which is among the highest in the industry. For most people using smaller SD cards, this would allow them to recover deleted files from SD card without spending any money. Of course, you also opt for the paid option and get as much data recovery as you like. The steps involved in the free Transcend SD card recovery process using iBeesoft are as follows:
- Download and install iBeesoft Free Data Recovery on your computer.
- Connect your SD card to your computer and launch the tool.
- The first window will show you all the disks connected to your computer. Find the SD card in this list and hover your mouse over it.
- Click on the "Scan" button that appears when you move your mouse over the SD card drive.
- The software will now run the scanning process. During this time, you will see previews of all the recoverable data.
- Select the files you want to recover after the scanning completes and then click on the "Recover" button to download them to your computer.
Considering that you managed to perform the entire process in just three steps and found everything that your Transcend SD card could provide, it is quite clear that this tool would work out much better for most users. The tool is available for both PC and Mac, so you can download your data on any device you want.
Part 2. How to Fix a Corrupted Transcend Memory Card
SD card malfunctions are pretty common, and in many cases, it is also possible to fix the issue and get them working again. Depending on the type of issue you are facing, you may be able to use different methods to fix the problem. We are sharing some of the most used methods to fix malfunctioning SD cards. If you want to know how to fix Transcend SD card and avoid recovery, this section is a must-read.
- Connect SD Card to Different Device
- Use the Repair Tool on Mac or PC
- Try Using Terminal or Command Prompt
- For Command Prompt, you will be using the diskpart command which will show you the drives available on your PC. Windows + R to open the Run dialog box, type CMD and enter. In the new window, type diskpart > list disk. Select the SD card by typing Select Disk x. In this command, you will need to replace the "x" with the number assigned to your SD card. The next command you will write is Recover and then press enter. After that, you will need to wait for the process to complete, and if successful, you should be able to access your Transcend SD card normally again.
- For Mac users, the process will require them to open the Terminal app and type diskutil verifyVolume x [x will be the drive name on Mac for your Transcend SD card]. Press Enter after the command and wait for the process to complete. Once done, Terminal will let you know the result and a successful fix would typically come with exit code 0 once the process is complete.
- Change the Assigned Drive
- Right-click on the Windows menu icon and then select the "Disk Management" option.
- In the window that appears, find the SD card, right-click on it, and then select the "Change Drive Letter and Paths" option.
- Follow through the process that comes up and simply change the letter assigned to your SD card.
Before you can go about learning how to fix Transcend SD card, you might want to check if it is your computer or device causing the issue. Try inserting the card into a different computer or device and see if the card gets recognized and works normally. It is quite common for connection issues to cause problems with reading the card, so this should be an easy check for you.
Both Windows and Mac OS provide repairing options for malfunctioning drives, including your Transcend SD card. For Windows, the tool is called Windows Repair Tool and for Mac, you can use the First Aid option in the Disk Utility app. Both these tools will scan your Transcend SD card for issues and if possible, fix them for you. This way, you can easily get your card working again and not lose any data either.
When the easy route does not seem to be working for you, there is also the possibility of doing things more directly. This means using the Command Prompt on Windows or the Terminal app on Mac. Each of these has a predefined process that you need to go through to try and fix your SD card.
For windows users, SD card malfunction can also occur when connecting your SD card to your PC. The drive assigned to the Transcend SD card may not get set up properly and this can lead to the card not getting read by the OS. For a quick fix, you can try changing the drive letter that has been assigned to the SD card.
The explorer will reload the screen and you might be able to get into your card normally.
Part 3. How to Format Transcend SD Card
Sometimes the only way to fix your Transcend SD card is by formatting it completely. Typically, this is needed when the file system has corrupted, and you have no option but to erase everything and start from scratch. If you don’t know how to format Transcend SD card, the process is quite easy and can be done by anyone.
For Windows, all you need to do is perform these steps:
- Open Windows Explorer and right-click on the Transcend SD card.
- In the dropdown menu that appears, select the "Format" option.
- In the window that appears next, go through the settings, and select the options you want for formatting your SD card.
- Once done, simply click on the "Start" button and wait for the process to complete.
If you are a Mac user and want to know how to format Transcend SD card on your computer, then you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Disk Utility app and select your Transcend SD card from the panel on your left.
- In the menu that appears, select the Erase option.
- You will see a popup confirmation window appear where you will name your SD card and select further security options if required. These should only be touched if you do not intend to resume any data from your SD card later.
- Click on the Erase button again and then wait for the process to complete.
Before formatting your SD card, we must warn you that recovering your data may not be possible, at least partially. To avoid losing anything you cannot afford to lose, we highly recommend that you create a backup of your files on a different SD card or drive. Also, make it a habit to do so for all your essential data to prevent future losses.
With the information shared in this article, you have everything you need to restore files from Transcend SD card free. If you want to know how to recover data from Transcend external hard disk, please note that the processes will be the same for most cases. However, we still recommend that you read our guide on data recovery from hard disks for in-depth information. If there is anything that you would like to add to this, we would love to hear from you.