How to Delete Duplicate Files with Total Commander
Duplicate files are a huge problem for any computer user and seeing your storage space get eaten up for no reason is certainly frustrating. The only thing you want is a way that can help you get rid of all your duplicate files easily and effectively. Thankfully, the more prevalent a problem is, the more solutions you are going to find. The same case also exists for duplicate files on computers, and you have plenty of solutions to choose from. However, the one we are discussing today is how you can delete duplicate files with Total Commander.
Total Commander is a highly popular tool and anyone who has faced file duplication issues in the past has heard of this tool. Today we will be discussing everything you need to know about this tool and figure out if you should delete duplicate files with Total Commander on your computer.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. What is Total Commander?
- Part 2. How to Find and Delete Duplicate Files with Total Commander
- Part 3. Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Total Commander to Find and Delete Duplicate Files
- Part 4. Total Commander Alternative – iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder to Deleted Duplicate Files
Part 1. What is Total Commander?
For a general idea, you could say that Total commander is basically Windows Explorer on steroids. It performs all the same functions that the Explorer app does like copying, deleting, and moving files around on your PC. However, its scope goes beyond that in many ways, as you can use it to pack and unpack different file formats, FTP server access, file comparisons, and so much more.
The list of features offered by Total Commander is quite large and it includes several important things like command line functionality, compatibility with Windows Explorer through drag and drop, network-based file access, bitmap viewer, custom information columns, and so much more. The software also has a wide range of languages that it supports, making it accessible to a much wider range of native language-speaking audiences.
Part 2. How to Find and Delete Duplicate Files with Total Commander
One of the key functions that you are reading this article for is the ability to find and delete duplicate files with Total Commander. This functionality is crucial for users who constantly face issues like filled-up storage and a limited space division. Regardless of what your reasons may be, you can find and replace using Total Commander through the following steps.
- Install and open Total Commander on your PC to begin the process to find and delete duplicate files Total Commander
- Go to the General Tab on top of the window that appears in front of you.
- Depending on the drive you select, you will see the drive as a mounted volume on your pc. For example, if the drive letter assigned to the drive you are checking is H, then you will see it written as "Search in C".
- In the parameters, select "filename" as the checking option.
Once you do this, the software will index all the files on your drive and the destination option and provide a list of files that look like duplicates. At this stage, you should be able to see everything it finds. Now you can simply delete duplicate files Total Commander has identified for you.
Part 3. Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Total Commander to Find and Delete Duplicate Files
There is no doubting the fact that Total Commander is a powerful tool that you can use to remove duplicates from your PC. As a tool to delete duplicate files Total Commander is quite capable. However, nothing is perfect, and after trying it by ourselves, here are the key advantages and disadvantages that we have come up with.
- Dual window mode is extremely useful in comparing files before deleting one.
- Copy-pasting feature is quite easy and convenient to have when trying to delete duplicate files Total Commander serves up.
- Movement of files is also easy including drag and drop as well.
- Multiple parameter options to choose from when trying to find duplicate files. However, the filename method described above is still the only recommended method as the others are tricky to use.
- The software does not include a direct search option for finding duplicate files
- The design is quite old, and users in current times may find it annoying and difficult to use.
Part 4. Total Commander Alternative – iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder to Deleted Duplicate Files
If you have sensitive data on your PC, you would certainly want to delete duplicate files and folders so that no one else can find them. That is where the iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder Remover tool comes in. This software helps you delete all the duplicate files that you have found in a way that Total Commander delete duplicate files function simply cannot match.
The free duplicate file finder for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 will scan your hard drive, listing all the duplicate files for you efficiently. After then, it can select duplicate files intuitively, letting you delete duplicate files with a single click. This functionality is available for your internal drive and external drives and other USB thumb drives, etc. The duplicate file finding and deleting process you need to follow for this tool is also quite simple and it involves the following steps:
- Download and install iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder on your computer.
- Click on the large "+" button that appears on the screen.
- Identify the files and folders you want to scan for duplicate files and then run the software
- In the window that shows up next, all duplicate files found are selected automatically. You can open them one by one to preview. Click on the "Remove" button, then all duplicate files will be removed right away.
- The screen will now show a progress percentage to let them know how far the process has reached. This method is much more thorough and effective than using the Total Commander delete duplicate files function.
Now that you know how to use Total Commander to find duplicate files in Windows 11, and other OS, you can easily decide how to get rid of them as well. While Total Commander removes the duplicate files function is there for you as well. Deleting the files properly using iBeesoft duplicate cleaner can save you from unnecessary worries and time.