How to Delete Duplicate Photos after Importing from iPhone
Many people are looking for the answer to the question ‘after I download my iPhone pictures to computer how do I delete duplicate file’. It’s not a big question since you can use iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder to display and delete the duplicate photos with a single click. This article will tell you how to do it, some solutions for ‘why do my photos keep duplicating on my iPhone’ and how to delete duplicate photos on iPhone.Free Download
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Delete Duplicate Photos Imported from iPhone on PC
- Part 2.How to Stop iPhone from Duplicating Photos
- Part 3. How to Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone
Part 1. How to Delete Duplicate Photos Imported from iPhone on PC
You can see there are many duplicate photos on PC after you imported photos from iPhone. Why it happens? There are 3 main reasons:
- You save the pictures from different apps. For example, you save the pictures from messaging with your family and friends or save the pictures from the different medium app, like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram.
- There is an error with your iPhone, it keeps duplicating photos on your iPhone.
- You have imported the photos from your iPhone before to a folder and imported them to another folder on your PC later.
It is much easier to delete iPhone imported duplicate photos on PC than learning how to import photos from iPhone without duplicates because iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder is for help. It is able to scan your PC, scanning for duplicate files by comparing names, dates, and picture content, displaying the duplicate photos. By default, all the duplicate copies are selected, letting you keep only one copy and delete duplicates in a single click. Here are the steps for how to use the software to remove duplicate photos imported from iPhone.
1. Download and install the photo duplicate finder.
2. Launch the best duplicate photo cleaner and click the "+" icon in the main window to locate the folder where the duplicated iPhone photos are.
3. Click "Scan" to let it find the duplicate photos for you. When the scanning process is finished, you can preview the found duplicate photos. By default, the duplicate copies you’re going to delete are selected. By clicking the drop-down icon right beside the selected copy, you can see the one the software will keep.
4.Click "Remove" to delete duplicate jpg files and other data.
Though the Duplicate File Finder is helpful to remove similar photos imported from iPhone, what’s more, important is to stop the iPhone from duplicating photos. After this, the next time, you can see no duplicate photos when import from iPhone.
Part 2.How to Stop iPhone from Duplicating Photos
Before we get down to the task of how to stop the iPhone from duplicating photos, we should learn why iPhone keeps duplicating photos. Find the right reasons for "why do my photos keep duplicating on my iPhone", and then get the right solutions.
#1. iCloud Sync and iTunes Sync both ON or Used. If you have used iCloud sync and iTunes sync at the same time, then it is very likely to generate duplicate photos. In this case, you should.
1. Prevent iPhone from syncing automatically while connecting your iPhone with iTunes (connect iPhone with iTunes > click Devices > put a checkmark to the option "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".
2. Stop sync some albums via iTunes sync. Connect iPhone and launch iTunes > click on iPhone in iTunes > click Photos > select "Selected albums" to sync wanted ones and deselect unwanted ones.
3. Use either iCloud sync or iTunes sync. Do not use both, preventing duplicate photos.
#2. Multiple cloud services used. Besides, stop using both iTunes and iCloud sync simultaneously, you’re supposed to pay attention to cloud services as well. Do not use iCloud and Google photos simultaneously as well.
#3. HDR settings are ON. HDR is High Dynamic Range, which means when you shooting pictures, it will take multiple images and combine them into one photo. You can switch it to OFF on iPhone 8 and older ones, it will not save the original photos.
1. Click Settings app > tap Camera > switch off Auto HDR.
2. Click to open the Camera app > tap HDR to turn it off.
Part 3. How to Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone
1. Delete duplicate photos on iPhone manually. Though it takes time and willpower to delete duplicate photos on iPhone, it’s also a workable way. You can search the name, topic, date, location, even people in iPhone albums to find duplicate photos. The procedure is quite simple: click to open the Photos app > tap Select > choose the pictures you want to delete > tap the trash can icon at the bottom to delete duplicate photos on iPhone.
2. Delete duplicate photos on iPhone with apps. There are some apps that can delete duplicate photos on iPhone. You can search for one from the App Store on your iPhone. I do not find any free ones, but apps need to charge.