How to Recover Data from Wiped iPhone with/without Backup
There are various situations when you may need to wipe your device. Maybe some of the features are not properly working on your iPhone and you need to reset it to the factory settings. Or maybe you wish to restore a backup which requires wiping off your device. Regardless, when you erased your device, all the data on the device gets deleted (that’s what wipe means, though).
Sometimes, what happens is that you end up losing your important files when you wipe your device. If you do not already have a backup of your files and you perform the erase procedure, your data is gone for good. These accidental wipes have been happening for many years, and so some methods have surfaced letting you recover data from wiped iPhone with/without backup. What these methods do is they use some intelligent algorithms to find and restore the erased files on your iOS devices.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Recover Data from iPhone without Backup Even Wiped it
- Part 2. How to Restore Erased iPhone with Backup
- Part 3. How to Retrieve Data from Remote Wiped iPhone
Part 1. How to Recover Data from iPhone without Backup Even Wiped it
Accidentally erased iPhone without backup? Can I recover wiped iPhone if there was no backup? You did not do a backup with iTunes or iCloud before wiping your iPhone, you cannot use the standard and official methods to do erased iPhone recovery. It is simply because there is nothing available to get back on your iPhone.
However, all hope is not lost. As said earlier, there are some programs that allow you to find data even on an iPhone that has been fully wiped. What that means for you is that there are still chances for you to get your important files back from your erased device. You can still gain access to those files and restore erased iPhone like before.
To do the task, you are going to use an application called iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. As you might have guessed by the name, it’s a data recovery for wiped iPhone software tool which does not require much interaction from your side. All you need to do is click on a few options and recover data from wiped iPhone without backup.
Your Effective & Safe Erased iPhone Recovery Tool
- Restore data from iPhone without backup due to factory reset, wipe iOS devices, accidentally deleted and more.
- Supports recover deleted/lost iPhone photos, videos, messages, voice memos, calendars, notes, contacts, etc from iPhone without backup.
- Work on Windows PCS and Macs. It has 3 modes to completely get back data from wiped iPhone.
Let’s check out how you can use the app to find files from Wiped iPhone without backup or recover data from broken iPhone or other iOS devices:
- Download the iPhone data recovery for Mac or Windows PC.
- Select iPhone to Scan
- Erased iPhone Recovery without Backup
Install it on your computer, and launch the software. Then, connect your iPhone device to your computer by using a USB cable
After connecting your iPhone device to the computer, the program will automatically detect your device and show you its details in the main window. Next, click on the "Recover from iOS" button to begin the recover data from erased iPhone process. After then, click the "Scan" button right after the iPhone.
After the scanning process is finished, you can see all the scanned data that is displayed in categories like photos, videos, messages, etc. You can preview any of the content before exporting them to your computer. Once you have decided what you need to recover, select them and click the "Recover" button to begin saving them to your computer.
Part 2. How to Restore Data from Erased iPhone with Backup
When you delete files from an iPhone, the files still reside in the iPhone device for a certain amount of times, and these files can be recovered with third-party software, but in case If your device is wiped fully you will need either iTunes backup or iCloud backup files to restore your data. If you took a backup of your iPhone device, you are all good to get the data back. In this case, we will be using this tool to retrieve data from wiped iPhone with backup.
Method 1. Data recovery from wiped iPhone with iTunes
- In the program, select the "Recover from iTunes" option in the middle. Now the software will prepare to search backup files that are available in your computer and show them to you.
- After a while, you will be shown all of the backup files that are found within your computer. Select the one you are looking for and click on the Scan button to recover data from wiped iPhone.
- Now you will have access to all the files that were found in your backup. You can sort the data by their categories from the left panel. You can also preview any of the files before saving them. After you've decided what you need, select the files. You can choose one or multiple at once and press the Recover button to start saving them to your computer.
Method 2. Get back data from wiped iPhone from iCloud backup files
If you don't regularly connect your iPhone to your computer, there are chances that you don't have iTunes backup, but then you might have enabled iCloud backup. This feature auto backs up your files and puts them to iCloud. You can go ahead and restore wiped iPhone from iCloud backup file. Watch these steps to get started.
- From the main window in the recover wiped iPhone program, click "Recover from iCloud". Then, you will be asked to log in with your iCloud account. Enter your iCloud account details (Email and Password) and click the login button to sign in. You don't have to worry about login - the program does not remember or collect any type of your data or Information. It's just a one-time login.
- Once you have successfully logged in with your iCloud account, you can now see a list of all the backup files that are found within your iCloud account. Choose the important backup and click on the Scan button to start downloading the backup.
- After some time, you will have a preview of all the files that were found in your backup. Now you can preview all of the content and choose what would you like to get exported. You can change categories to see a different type of data. After you've decided what you need, select them and click on the "Recover" button to start retrieving data from erased iPhone.
Part 3. How to Retrieve Data from Remote Wiped iPhone
If your iPhone is lost or stolen, to secure your privacy, you might make use of the "Find iPhone" feature on iCloud to wipe iPhone remotely. In this case, if you want to find files from remote wiped iPhone, you must try the feature "Recover from iTunes" or "Recover from iCloud" on the iPhone data recovery software to extract data from the backup file because it is a package with all find detached. You can’t open or preview the files before the extracting.