When iPhone is locked, the first thing you want to do is how to unlock the iPhone, right? Ok. Before unlocking iPhone, you should use the software, like iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover data from locked iPhone, preventing data loss. After then, select one way (3 ways available) to unlock iPhone. In this article, you will get all the information you need.
"Can you recover data from a passcode locked iPhone without knowing the password?" is the question you are certainly asking yourself at this moment reading this. When your iPhone gets disabled as a result of you failing to input the right passcode severally, you should not be scared of losing your data because though it is passcode locked, the data can still be retrieved from it. If your iPhone gets passcode locked, you should not immediately lose hope of retrieving your data and erase it because there is still a way of getting this data from the locked iPhone.
Part 2. How to Unlock and Restore Passcode locked iPhone (3 Ways Available)
Though passcode locked, you can retrieve data from your iPhone with the use of data recovery software because the software can access your data without passing through the passcode. Amongst all, iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery is the best data recovery software for these iPhones.
It is an all-in-one iOS data recovery software for iPhones. With 3 different recovery mode (Recover from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup, recovery from iCloud backups), it increases your chances of recovering data from your locked iPhone because it can retrieve your data no matter where you store it that is on your device itself, iCloud backup or the iTunes backup. iBeesoft iPhone data recovery is compatible with all versions of iPhone and can retrieve more than 20 different file types on iPhone including your contacts, messages, call history, photos, videos among others. Very easy to use and efficient, everybody can use it without any necessary technical knowledge. Furthermore, given the fact that it is a desktop software, it supports both Windows and Mac operating systems hence its application range is not limited to only a single operating system.
Below is a step-by-step guide to recover data on a locked iPhone using the "Recover from iOS" feature. Before proceeding, make sure you are using a computer to which you have already connected your iPhone so that it will skip the "Trust this device" procedure hence bypass the password.
Recover data from locked iPhone by using the feature "recover from iOS Devices". This method is especially necessary if you had not backed your data to iTunes or iCloud before your iPhone got disabled. It is the easiest of the three methods. To recover data from your iOS device,
1. Download and Install iPhone Data Recovery for Mac or Windows. It is virus-free and safe to download.
2. Plug your Locked Device into the computer. Using a working data capable, connect your iPhone to the computer and make sure it is properly connected and detected by your computer.
3. Scan your Locked iPhone. Launch the software and in the first window, choose "Recover from iOS Device". Automatically, your device will be detected. Click on "Start" and allow the software to scan for lost files.
4. Preview and Recover the files from your locked iPhone. As soon as the scan is completed, you will see the file categories arranged on the left side of the window, and on the right side you will see the files. Preview the files and when you see files you want to recover, select them then click on "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Even if you have locked your iPhone by failing severally to input the correct passcode, there are still methods you can use to unlock your passcode locked phone. These 3 methods consist of erasing your iPhone and starting again from scratch or restoring a recent backup. Below are 3 methods to do this;
To use iTunes backup to restore your phone, follow the steps below:
1) Plug your locked iPhone into your computer (the one which you use to backup to iPhone) using a working data cable.
2) Open the iTunes iPhone management screen and select "Restore".
3) A prompt will require you to enter your iTunes account information. Use the iTunes account you used to set up your iPhone and follow the instructions to register your iPhone.
4) Choose the backup you want to use for the restore. It is recommended to choose the most recent backup because it has all your recent settings and changes with respect to the time of backup.
5) Once the backup is chosen, iTunes will then restore your settings and data.
If you regularly backed up your iPhone to iCloud, this is the recommended method for you. To recover your Passcode locked iPhone with iCloud, follow the steps below;
1) Log in to iCloud with the account which was used to setup "Find My Phone".
2) Click the "Find iPhone" tool available in iCloud. Finding your iPhone tool is used to locate the phone so that you can be able to continue with the next step.
3) Click on the "Erase" button to delete all the data on your locked iPhone. Your computer will warn you about this letting you know that you will erase all your data. Accept this and all your data will be erased.
4) Once this is done, your iPhone will be unlocked and will be as though it was brand new. Set the basic settings and when you are done, restore your data and settings from your iCloud backup. This will return your phone to normal with respect to that backup file.
When you have not backed up your phone, the only way through which you can unlock your iPhone is by entering your iPhone’s recovery mode. With this method, you will lose all your data and you will not be able to restore it because you have no backups. To do this,
1) Turn off your locked iPhone. Plug your iPhone into your computer with a good data cable.
2) Hard reset the phone by pressing the sleep/wake button and the Home button at the same time.
3)Hold these buttons until "Connect to iTunes" screen appears on your iPhone.
4) On the iTunes screen on your computer, choose "Restore" and this will delete all the data from your phone.
5) Your phone will be as new as when you first got it. Set it up and remember from now that you should regularly back up your phone in order to recover all your data in case of a similar data loss scenario.
A good Passcode should be easy to remember for you but not easy to guess for other people. You should remember to note your Passcode somewhere inaccessible to people in case you forget it again and always remember to the importance of backing up your iPhone.