Pictures disappeared from iPhone messages or iMessage is a common problem, especially after iOS updates. This article tells you how to recover the photos disappeared from messages. You can try the mentioned ways one by one. Generally, they’re workable. If not, try iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover them.Download for Windows Download for macOS
Photos disappeared from iPhone text messages and iMessages after iOS update can be a big problem for people if the text messages are really important for them. Actually, you can check out whether the attached photos are still somewhere on iPhone or on iCloud.
1. Log in your iCloud with your iCloud ID first, making sure everything works and syncs well.
2. Open iMessage or Message app. Click on the info icon at the top and scroll to the bottom. If it says [numbers] number of images in iCloud and there is an option to download them, then they’re the photos missing from iMessage and messages.
If you can’t find the photos disappeared from iMessages on iPhone, another way to fix it is by restoring your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud backup files. Unlike photos and videos, photos attached with iMessage or messages are backed up to backup files. If you restore iPhone with the backup files, then you can get them back.
1.Tap on Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings. Wait until it powers on again, asking you to set up your iPhone.
2. In the "App & Data" screen, choose "Restore from iCloud Backup". Sign in with your Apple ID and follow the built-in instruction to select an iCloud backup to restore photos disappeared from iMessage or messages.
1. Connect your iPhone with your computer. Launch iTunes and make sure it detects your iPhone.
2. In the iTunes summary window, click "Restore" and follow the navigation to select an iTunes backup file to restore your iPhone.
That’s it! The above 2 ways are only workable if you had backed up iPhone to iTunes or iCloud before the photos disappeared from iMessage.
If you did not do the backup, then you need iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery, a professional data recovery software to recover iPhone data, for example recover deleted text messages on iPhone, recover photos, vidoes, emails, documents, contacts, and more. Here are the simple steps for how to recover photos missing from iMessage with the iPhone data recovery software.
Before starting, please download either the Windows or Mac versions for the iPhone data recovery software. After then, install it on your computer.
*Please note that data recovery for iPhone can only work on computers. There is no application available to recover photos disappeared from iPhone messages because iPhone apps are not allowed to access to the data by Apple.
1. Connect your iPhone with your computer. Launch the iPhone data recovery software, click "Recover from iOS" and click the "Scan" button.
*Here, if you can not see your iPhone appears on the software, please reconnect it and make sure you have tapped the "Trust this computer" option on your iPhone.
2. After scanning, you can see all found files are put into categories in the left panel. Select messages type and check the photos you want, finally click "Recover" to retrieve them back.
*Please note that the photos missing from iMessage or text messages are not saved as separate photos. They’re the attachments for messages.
Do not put your important files into a risk unless you’re 100% sure they’re safe. If not, you need to do backup regularly, either with iCloud, iTunes, or even copy them to an external hard drive. If you really lost your iPhone files, restoring with a backup should be the best option. If not, you need to try iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover them as soon as possible. Otherwise, they will be lost permanently.