How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Backup/iCloud/Computer
iPhone Messages are a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. With it, you can send photos, videos, and even documents to anyone. Although text messages are a convenient way to communicate, they have some potential downsides. For one thing, It's not as immersive as video. In addition, they can easily be lost due to your wrong operations, such as:
- ❌ Delete Accidentally: It's easy to remove a message or conversation on your iPhone accidentally.
- ⚙️ Factory Reset: iPhone reset will erase all data, including text messages.
- 📥 iOS Update: When you update your iPhone to a new version of iOS, your old data isn't always compatible with the latest App. This can cause text messages disappeared from one contact or more during the update process.
- ♻️ Restore from Backup: If you restore your iPhone from an iCloud or iTunes backup, it may not restore all of your data. This includes text messages which can be lost in the process.
It's one of the most frustrating things that can happen to any iPhone user - you open up your Messages app only to discover that some text messages have disappeared. Where did they go, and how can you get them back? Fortunately, there are a few different ways to recover deleted text messages from iPhone without backup, iCloud, computer. Keep reading for more information.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Backup
- Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from iPhone without Computer
- Part 3. How to Find Deleted Messages on iPhone Without iCloud
- Part 4. Tips for Preventing Message Loss from Accidental Deletion
- Part 5. Frequently Asked Questions for iPhone Text Messages Recovery
How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Backup
As an iOS user, you should know how important it is to back up your phone with iTunes or iCloud in case of data loss issues. But not everybody loves doing this. If you are one of them and want to recover permanently deleted text messages on iphone, then there's a way is using some recovery software.
In this case, you can rely on iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery, which helps you to scan your iPhone for deleted files. It is a professional tool that find deleted messages on iPhone without iCloud or iTunes backup.
Your iPhone Text Messages Recovery Software
- The best APP provides 3 Modes to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone without/with Backup.
- It has a separate version for Windows/Mac and is fully compatible with text message recovery without backup from all versions of iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Without backup, it can also restore deleted iPhone photos, videos, call history, contacts, and more.
To Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone without Backup
Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer before we learn how to find deleted messages on iPhone without iCloud/iTunes backup. Don't forget to tap the "trust this computer" button on your iPhone when connecting with your computer.
- Download and launch the iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery on your computer.
- Click "Recover from iOS" and click the "Scan" button.
- After scanning, you can see all found files are put into categories in the left panel.
- Under text messages type, please preview the find iPhone deleted messages and check those you want.
- Click "Recover" to save them.
Warm Prompts: Due to Apple's permission restrictions, all the recovered text messages will be saved to your computer instead of your iPhone. However, you can manually transfer them to your iOS device.
Other Five Apps to Restore iPhone Messages
Although iBeesoft iPhone Messages recovery software provides three powerful scanning modes is your best choice to find deleted messages on iPhone without iCloud/iTunes. However, it is not perfect, so here are five retrieval tools for reference.
- Dr. Fone
- Paid version is expensive
- Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone
- The scanning is slow.
- FonePaw iPhone Recovery
- It does not have an advanced mode to use and cannot find some data.
- iMobie PhoneRescue
- Disconnection occurs during scanning
- Fonedog Toolkit for iOS
- The trial version has many limitations
It is a comprehensive utility for a phone that can help you preview and selectively recover data. It also offers system repair, data erasers, transfer, backup, and more options. Overall, Dr. Fone is a great choice for anyone who needs to restore deleted texts from iPhone without backup.
It is a reliable and efficient software that can recover lost or deleted photos, videos, contacts, messages, call history, notes, WhatsApp chats, and more. It has a user-friendly interface and supports all major iOS devices. It can help you regain your data if you accidentally deleted important data or suffered a system crash.
It is one of the most popular recovery programs available for the phone. The program offers a variety of features that make it an essential tool for anyone who owns an iPhone. It even works with encrypted backups, so you can rest assured that retrieve deleted messages on iPhone without backup. Best of all, even if you don't know any computer skills, you can use it easily.
It can help you to scan your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch for lost or deleted items. It has a preview function to see the items you're about to recover before you begin the process. Overall, it offers a simple and intuitive interface and is an excellent choice for anyone who needs to find deleted text messages on iPhone.
It is an all-in-one solution for managing your iOS device. With it, you can easily transfer data between your computer and your iOS device, back up and restore your data, and manage your apps and files. Whether you're a power user or a casual user, it is the perfect tool for managing and recovering your iPhone and iPad.
All of the above software can help you retrieve deleted messages on iPhone without backup/iCloud/iTunes, you can choose the suitable one according to your needs.
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from iPhone without Computer
It can be incredibly frustrating to lose important messages, whether they were accidentally deleted or lost in the shuffle of a busy lifestyle. Luckily, Here are a few methods to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone without computer.
Ways 1. From Recently Deleted
If you have updated to iOS 16, then you can use the Recently Deleted option to find iPhone text messages within 30 days of deleting them. Here are the specific steps:
- Open Messages and click the Edit button in the upper left corner.
- Select the "Show Recently Deleted" option in the menu.
- Select the removed text messages you need, click the "Recover" button, and confirm.
After returning to the home screen, you should be able to see them again.
Ways 2. From from iCloud
This method of recovering deleted iPhone text messages without computer requires that you have made a recent iCloud backup, and it also wipes all data generated after the backup. Therefore, please back up the current file before operating.
- Go to: Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings
- Click the "Erase Now" button in the menu. Select the "Restore from iCloud Backup" option when you get to the "Apps & Data" page.
- Finally, select a backup containing deleted messages and follow the wizard to complete the restore.
Tips: You can also go to Settings > Apple ID profiles > iCloud to enable Mail, Notes and other options to prevent them from being lost.
How to Find Deleted Messages on iPhone Without iCloud
One common reason for lost iPhone text messages is that they've been deleted accidentally. This can happen if you tap the wrong button while cleaning up your inbox or accidentally swipe to delete a conversation. If this is the case, don't worry. Here are two ways to help you recover deleted messages from iPhone without iCloud.
Ways 1. From from iTunes Backup
iTunes Backup is a crucial thing for any iOS user. It allows you to save all of your data on your computer. If you ever lose some messages on your iPhone, you can get them back from iTunes. Here's how:
- Connect your iPhone to your Computer with a data cable.
- Open iTunes, click "Summary" in the left menu, then click the "Restore Backup" button in its panel.
- Once confirmed, it will start iPhone deleted text messages recovery progress.
Tips: If the "Restore Backup" option is grayed out, you may need to switch your backup preferences from iCloud to This Computer on the left side of the screen.
Ways 2. Extract Text Messages from iTunes Backup with Software
Although this method will still use the iTunes backup, the difference from the previous way is that it only extracts the backed-up messages without overwriting other files. For this, you need to use iBeesoft iPhone data recovery software. Here are steps for how to find deleted text messages from iPhone without iCloud:
- Launch iBeesoft data recovery software for iOS.
- Click "Recover from iTunes" in the top menu.
- Select an iTunes backup and click the Scan button.
- After completing the data extraction, select the messages you accidentally deleted and save them to your computer.
The above are complete guides to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone without backup/iCloud/computer. While these methods may not work 100% of the time, they're worth a try if you've lost important data on your iPhone.
Tips for Preventing Message Loss from Accidental Deletion
Suppose you've accidentally deleted an important message from your iPhone. Whether it was a text, iMessage, or even a WhatsApp message, losing something you intended to keep can be frustrating. It isn't easy to find deleted text messages on iPhone without backup files. The chance for recovery is not 100%. Only some can ensure new data do not overwrite the deleted text messages. In this case, I have some suggestions for you:
- 🎏 Sure back up your messages to iTunes or iCloud regularly. This way, even if you accidentally delete something, you'll get a copy stored elsewhere.
- 🔍 Be careful when deleting messages on your iPhone. Please review each message before you delete it, and ensure you're not accidentally removing something important.
- ⏳ Consider setting up filters, so messages from certain contacts always go to a specific folder. That way, even if you accidentally delete a message, it will be stored in the correct location and won't get lost.
- ⛔ Stop using your iPhone before using software to recover permanently deleted text messages on iPhone quickly, decreasing the data overwritten chance.
Following these simple tips can minimize the risk of losing important iPhone messages.
Frequently Asked Questions for iPhone Text Messages Recovery
iPhone messages are an essential part of our lives. It keeps us connected to our loved ones, co-workers, and friends. But what happens when you lose your text messages? Whether you accidentally delete them or your iPhone goes missing, recovering text messages from your iPhone can be challenging. Here are some frequently asked questions about iPhone text message recovery:
A: The way to save the text message on the iPhone is to divide it into two components for storage: the index area and the data area. The index area is responsible for recording the message's location, date, size, status, and other attributes. The data area saves physical data in the form of It is a combination of binary 01. When the iOS system deletes the Text message, it will remove the information on the index area. The data still saves the message but is marked as an accessible area. So when you accidentally delete it, it's still there just you can't see it. Therefore, you can use the software to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone without backup.
A: No, If you read "Where do deleted messages go?" then you should know that they are still there until the deleted texts are not overwritten. It only disappears completely when a new file is written.
A: If you've been using iCloud to back up your data, you can check to see if your most recent backup was successful by opening the Settings app and tapping the iCloud tab.
If you are using iTunes to back up your data, you can connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes. Then, select your device from the list of devices in the left sidebar, and click on the Summary tab. Under the Backups section, you should see the time of your most recent backup.
A: It's possible that not all text messages are included in the backup for two reasons: either they were deleted from your iPhone before the backup or weren't stored on your iPhone in the first place due to a lack of storage space.
A: Yes, since the data storage mechanism only removes the information of the index area. So, you can also use the iBeesoft iPhone recovery software to help you recover deleted messages on iPhone without backup.
A: Yes, Apple provides two backup methods, iTunes and iCloud. If you have backed up your iPhone data with either, you can find deleted iPhone messages without a computer by the iTunes/iCloud backup file.
A: A few risks are associated with using any recovery method, including iPhone deleted text messages recovery. One risk is that recovered data may be corrupted or unusable.
A: After your iPhone is factory reset, it will wipe all your saved data in the iPhone. If you have a backup before resetting. At this time, you can get them back easily. Are important text messages will lose without backup? Don't worry, although we can't see them anymore. But we can extract them with iPhone recovery software. Here are the simple steps to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone without backup:
- Connect the iPhone to your computer
- Download iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery
- Scan your iPhone to extract text messages
- Preview the found files
- Save them to your computer
It's happened to everyone at some point: you accidentally delete an important message on your iPhone, and it seems like there's no way to get it back. Whether you were deleting old messages to clear up space on your device or you accidentally hit the wrong button, losing important data can be frustrating. Fortunately, in this article, we provide a variety of methods to recover permanently deleted text messages on iPhone. Whatever way you choose, make sure you act quickly after losing essential texts to increase your chances of success.