How to Restore Cleared Data on Kodi
People are used to using firestick. And Kodi is a popular media manager for firestick. Sometimes, to boost the performance or fix the problem in Kodi, people like to clear Kodi data. It’s not a big deal if you have backed up the data in Kodi before the data clear. However, if not, you may face the problem of losing data permanently from Kodi. The good news is that you can restore data on Kodi if you do the recovery process as soon as possible. Here in the following, let’s learn how to restore Kodi data on firestick.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Clear Data on Kodi to Reset It
- Part 2. How to Restore Lost/Cleared Data on Kodi
- Part 3. How do I uninstall and reinstall Kodi
Part 1. How to Clear Data on Kodi to Reset It
Why people sometimes clear data on Kodi. The theory is quite simple and easy: fix the problem. You know, reset is the best try when a device or app has a problem, more or less like how you fix a problem on your phone. While reset Kodi will erase all the builds, add-ons, skins, and all kinds of media files. In this case, before clear data on Kodi, please ensure you have backed up all the important data in Kodi.
Here are the simple steps for how to clear data on Kodi in Windows.
1. Quit the Kodi app on your computer.
2. Find the AppData folder on your computer first, and navigate to the Kodi folder. Select the whole folder and delete it. If you do not know where the AppData folder is, search %appdata% in the search bar. After deleting the Kodi folder, all the data is removed from the Kodi folder.
The above mentioned is how to clear data in Kodi on Windows PC. Some people do not do it as they find data in the folder is lost. If you encounter the same problem, you need to learn how to restore data on Kodi.
Part 2. How to Restore Lost/Cleared Data on Kodi
Is it possible to restore lost or cleared data on Kodi? Sure, you have the chance to do it. All the digital devices, including the computer, follow the rule: deleted data does not disappear permanently until they’re replaced by new data. In this case, if you hurry up, you can retrieve the lost or disappeared data. If not, you may lose them permanently.
To restore cleared data on Kodi, you need the help of iBeesoft Data Recovery. It is a great software tool specially designed for users to recover all kinds of data on the computer, external hard drives, USB flash drives, and more. Here are some of the main features in iBeesoft Data Recovery.
Your Effective Kodi Data Recovery Software
- Supports over 250 kind of file types, covering all the commonly used data types, including pictures, videos, audio files, documents, emails, and more.
- Allow people to recover data lost for various reasons, covering factory reset, deletion, emptied recycle bin, virus attack, formatted drive, sudden file transferring interruption, and more.
- Easy-to-use with a simple interface streamlines the whole process to recover deleted files in Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP, and macOS.
Step 1. Install the Kodi data recovery software
Click the Download button to get the installation package of the Kodi data recovery software. There are two versions, one is for Windows PC and one is for Mac. Choose the one that’s right for your computer OS. After then install it on your computer.
Step 2. Select the Target Drive to Scan
Launch the software. From the first start-up window, select the drive where the Kodi folder is/was in the next window. And then click "Scan". By doing this, you can see the software begins to scan the target drive for the cleared Kodi data.
Step 3. Restore Data on Kodi
When the whole scanning process is finished, you can see all the found files sorted into categories on the left panel. To quickly find the target files, filter the file types on the left side, and preview the details on the right side. When find the target files, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Part 3. How do I uninstall and reinstall Kodi
Sometimes, people like to ask "how do I do a fresh start on Kodi". No matter you’re using Kodi for firestick or on Android TV Box video, you can try this way to uninstall and reinstall the Kodi app.
1. Close Kodi on your Firestick if it is used currently. Go to the home screen of your firestick and find Settings.
2. Use remote to scroll down and select the Applications tab.
3. Select Manage Applications, find and select Kodi.
4. Scroll down and select Clear Data. When you see the "Delete app data"? option, confirm it.
5. Use the remote scroll up button to click the "Launch Application".
After then, you can reinstall Kodi addons, skins, builds, and more.