Incognito mode is created for people to visit websites securely, avoiding leaving any browsing history or traced by cookies. However, some people still ask how to recover incognito history on the phone and computer. This article tells you how to recover incognito history. The process is much more complicated than using iBeesoft Data Recovery to recover Google Chrome history on Mac, retrieve Google Chrome browsing history on Windows PC, and how to recover Google Chrome history on iPhone.
"Can you recover incognito history? How do I restore incognito browsing history? There are some websites I visited and I forgot the address."
It’s embarrassing to ask how to recover incognito history sine incognito mode is specially designed for users to browse webpage in a hidden mode, preventing any data leak to the web browser, search engine, or websites as well as there is no cookie left as well. However, sometimes people have to learn how to recover history from incognito mode if he or she forgot the website address, the webpage address, etc. Here in the following, 3 ways are covered for how to recover incognito history on phone and computer.
There is no browsing history on the web browser if you used the incognito mode to visit the website. Since there is no history, then how to recover incognito history? Lol, there is a little trick. Follow the steps:
1. Create a .txt file on your computer. You can put it on your desktop or D drive. Just name it as what you want it to be, for example test.txt.
2. Click the Windows icon at the bottom left or click Win+ R. In the pop-up window, type cmd.
3. In the command window, put in ipconfig /displaydns > D:\test.txt and click Enter. Please note that D:\test.txt refers to the txt file we created in step 1 and it is saved in D drive.
4. Click to open the text.txt file, checking out whether the incognito history is recovered or not.
Though your web browser is in incognito mode, the router might have maintained a log containing all the websites you visited via the network. In this case, you can retrieve incognito history by checking out the log. Try the steps.
1. Make clear the brand of the router you’re using. Visit its website and log in with your credential.
2. In the Control panel, select the Logs section or find Administrator > logs. Check out the log and restore incognito history.
If you have installed and enabled Off the Record History Chrome extension, then it must have recorded your browsing activity. It is an extension, making it possible for you to visit webpages in incognito mode while keeping the browsing history. If you have enabled it, you can retrieve incognito browsing history. However, it must be the new start for your next browsing, not workable to recover the incognito browsing history this time. Anyway, a good option, right? Here are the steps for how to enable the extension and how to use it.
1. Launch the Chrome web browser and search "Off The Record History for Chrome" in the google search box. Find it.
2. Download the extension and install it. You can drag and drop the extension file to the Chrome browser directly and confirm the install.
3. When installed successfully, check the box "Allow in incognito". When a pop-up warns it will keep a track of your browsing activity, confirm it.
4. After you visit websites, click the extension on Chrome, it will show you the visited webpage list.
It’s harder to recover incognito history on Android phones, tablets, or iOS devices. However, the workaround is making use of some spy software for the phone. My suggestion is not to use spying apps for phones. It does not worth it by putting your device into risk. If you do not care about it, you can search for one anyway.
Incognito mode is a way to see the real world, search for the real content that most people can see, not the one that specially created for you by the algorithm. Instead of learning how to recover incognito history, I suggest you bookmark important websites in normal mode or keep a note. Use the right mode for the right purpose. If you have computer files lost or deleted, try iBeesoft data recovery software to recover them. That’s how normal computer life could be.