How to Remove Duplicate Files/Photos from SD Card
Memory card is a great storage device to save files, including photos, videos, documents, and more. However, duplicate photos have been the first element that occupies so much space on an SD card. To free up storage space as well as manage files on an SD card efficiently, you must want to learn how to remove duplicate files from SD card. In the following, let’s talk about how to delete duplicate files on SD Card.
#1. Manually delete duplicate files on SD card
For the manual way, you must learn how to make use of the shortcuts on your PC. It takes time to find and remover duplicate files on memory card manually.
1. First, connect your SD card to your computer.
2. Open the memory card.
3. Navigate to the folder where you want to find and remove duplicate SD card files.
4. You can display all the files there by names or thumbnails. By names, you can use Ctrl + F, search for a name, checking which files have the same names. After then, select them and press Delete to remove them. By viewing pictures in thumbnails, you can see the content, select, and delete duplicate photos on SD card manually.
It’s time-consuming to remove duplicate files on SD card manually, especially you have thousands of files to delete. Is there any efficient way to delete duplicate files from memory cards? There is. There is some duplicate cleaner available. They’re developed to help users find (collect and match file information, name, content) and delete duplicate files on computers, folders, and SD cards in a swift.
#2. Duplicate File Finder Remover – Delete Duplicate Files on Drive with Simple Clicks
iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder Remover has been developed especially for users to remove duplicate files on PC, external disks, USB flash drives, SD cards, CF cards, and more. It has helped thousands of people worldwide to manage files easily.
Your Best Memory Card Duplicate File Remover
- Analyzes duplicate files and folders by names, file size, file content on an SD card.
- Find and select all the copies of duplicate files, including duplicate pictures on the SD card automatically.
- 1 single click to delete duplicate photos on the SD card.
- Clean up SD card space for new data.
Guide for How to Delete Duplicate Files/Photos on SD card
1. Connect your SD card with your PC, letting it be recognized as an external hard drive.
2. Download and install the duplicate file finder remover on your Windows PC. Currently, it only works on Windows PC. After then launch it.
3. Click the "+" in the main interface to target the folder where you want to remove duplicate files from the SD card.
4. Click "Start Scan" to let the software scan for all the duplicate files from the SD card. If you only want to delete duplicate photos on SD card, you can click "Add Filter Types" to set up the file types to scan.
5. When the scan is finished, all the duplicate files are selected, leaving one copy deselected. You can preview the selected files before the deletion. It will prevent mistakenly deletion. After then, click "Remove" to delete all the duplicate files on SD card.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers for Duplicate File Deletion on SD card
A. How can I delete duplicate files on my SD card?
Time is precious for everyone. To delete duplicate files on SD card, iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder Remover is fully recommended. It scans and deletes duplicate files on SD card easily.
1. Connect SD card to PC.
2. Download and install the duplicate file remover.
3. Select the folder on SD card and click "Start Scan".
4. Preview found duplicate files on SD card. If there is no problem, click "Remove" to delete them permanently.
B. How do I remove duplicate files from my external hard drive?
Removing duplicate files from an external disk is the same as how to delete duplicate files on SD card. Using iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder is enough. It supports over 2000+ external hard drives. Follow the simple steps.
1. Connect the external hard drive with computer.
2. Download and install the duplicate file finder on PC.
3. Launch it and click "+" to locate folder on the external hard drive to scan.
4. Click "Remover" to delete the found duplicate files. Don’t worry, one copy for each duplicate file is left there.
C. How to delete photos from SD card permanently?
Yes, generally deletion doesn’t mean files are deleted permanently, even though a pop-up asked you to confirm the permanently deletion. It is the same with deleted photos from SD card. With data recovery software, like iBeesoft Data Recovery, you can recover deleted photos from SD card. To permanently delete photos from SD card, another kind of software is needed. It is named as File Shredder. It will remove and damage the deleted photos from SD card permanently. Here are the steps for how to use it.
1. Connect your SD card with your computer.
2. Download and install the file shredder software on your computer.
3. Click the + to locate the photos you want to remove permanently.
4. Click "Shred" to destroy the deleted photos from SD card permanently.