How to Delete Duplicate Songs in Windows Media Player
If there are duplicate songs in Windows Media Player, it does not only mean that you delete duplicate files in Windows Media Player, then it’s done and done. The duplicate songs located on your computer are still there. The once for all solution is using iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder to remove the duplicate songs on your PC permanently. In the following, let’s learn how to do it.Free Download
Windows Media Player is the default application on Windows PC to play music and it’s the most widely used music player. However, if you have not managed your songs located on your PC, it’s very likely you have duplicate songs in the Windows Media Player playlists. Here in the following, we’re going to discuss about how to delete duplicate songs in Windows Media Player, making your playlists without duplicate songs.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Delete Duplicate Songs in Windows Media Player Manually
- Part 2. How to Quickly Delete Duplicate Songs in Windows Media Player(Recommended)
Part 1. How to Delete Duplicate Songs in Windows Media Player Manually
If you do not have hundreds of songs on your Windows PC, then you can try to delete duplicate songs in Windows Media Player manually. Here are the steps below.
Step 1. Please make sure you have added all songs to Windows Media Player. If not, do as below. Type in "Windows Media Player" in the search box at the button left of your PC > click Apps icon to search for the Windows Media Player > open and launch it > right-click Music in the left panel.
Step 2. Select Manage Music Library after you right-click Music. By doing this, the Music Library Locations window will pop up. From here, you can select a drive one-by-one of your computer to import all songs located on the drive. Confirm the action by clicking OK.
In the last windows, double-click Music > All Music, then you can sort the music files with name. right-click to select duplicate music files and delete.
It’s not enough to delete duplicate songs in Windows Media Player, you need to clear history and played media information as well.
Step 3. Press Alt key > choose Tools > Options > Privacy > Clear History > Clear Cache, apply the selection.
Part 2. How to Quickly Delete Duplicate Songs in Windows Media Player
If you have hundreds or thousands of songs scatter anywhere on your Windows PC, then the quickest way to delete duplicate songs in Windows Media Player is using iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder. It will scan and delete all the duplicate songs located on your computer automatically and intelligently. After then, you refresh your Window Media Player playlists or rebuild playlists, then it’d done and done.
Download the free similar songs remover to remove duplicate songs from Windows Media Player!
2. Launch the software and click "+" in the main window to locate the hard drive or folder from where your songs are located.
3. Click Scan to let the software scanning the duplicate songs. After then, you can see duplicate songs are selected, waiting to be deleted. The software is able to recognize duplicate songs by names, date, and track information.
4. Click Remove to delete the duplicate songs on your computer. Before doing it, you can preview the selected songs, making sure they’re the one do not need.