How to Recover Lost Data After iOS 15 Update in 3 Ways 
"Software update failed iOS 15 on my iPhone. Is there any way to retrieve data lost while updating iOS 15?"
iOS 15 comes with great features to bring users a new experience. That’s the reason why thousands of people worldwide are waiting for the new iPhone 15 with iOS 15 as well expect to update existing iPhones and iPads to iOS 15. However, the fact is that if not well prepared before the update, people might be failed to update to iOS 15, like what you have mentioned in the article iPhone stuck on iOS 15 verifying update.
Here in the following of the article, we will talk about how to recover data lost after iOS 15 update in 3 methods. If you have lost data while updating to iOS 15, you need to choose the right way to fix it.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Restore Lost Data on iPhone/iPad after iOS 15 Update with iCloud
- Part 2. Retrieve Lost Files on iPhone/iPad after iOS 15 Update by iTunes Backup Files
- Part 3. Recover Files from iPhone/iPad after iOS 15 Update without Backup
Part 1. Restore Lost Data on iPhone/iPad after iOS 15 Update with iCloud
If you had backed up your iPhone or iPad before the iOS 15 update to iCloud, then when you fail to update to iOS 15 or you have lost data after iOS 15, you can get the files by restoring from an iCloud backup.
Step 1. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings on your Apple device. Confirm the operating to let the iOS erase all data and make it a new brand device. After the device finishes the whole task and restart, it will let you set a new device.
Step 2. When the window "Set up your iPhone(iPad)" window pop up, please choose "Restore from iCloud Backup" > sign in with your iCloud account > in the iCloud backup file list, choose the one that contains the files you lost after iOS 15 update and confirm it.
Follow the built-in guide to restore your iPhone with iCloud backup, putting back the old data on it.
- if the lost data is Contacts, Photos, Videos, you can visit www.icloud.com > log in with your account > check the files there. They’re separately synced there. Then you can choose to download and save them.
- If the files lost are in the iCloud backup file, then you have to restore your iPhone or iPad with the iCloud backup file to get them. However, the current data on your Apple device will be replaced. Just save them to somewhere since you don’t know when will you need them again before restoring them from an iCloud backup file.
Part 2. Retrieve Lost Files on iPhone/iPad after iOS 15 Update by iTunes Backup Files
Besides iCloud backup, iTunes backup files also can be restored to iPhone and iPad to fix the problem of data loss issue in the iOS 15 update. Here are the steps for how to restore lost data for the iOS 15 update with iTunes backup.
1. Get your iTunes updated to the latest version on your computer. After then, use a digital cable to connect your Apple device with your computer, making sure it is recognized by your iTunes.
2. Launch iTunes. In the summary window, please select "Restore Backup".
3. Next, in the backup file list, select the latest backup of your iPhone or iPad before the iOS 15 update, and restore it to the Apple device.
Part 3. Recover Files from iPhone/iPad after iOS 15 Update without Backup
There will be no problem at all for restore lost data for iOS 15 update if you had backed up the Apple device to iCloud or iTunes. However, not everyone is lucky enough or considerate to do the backup. In this case, they have to try their luck to recover files in iOS 15 update with iPhone data recovery software. And it’s the last resort.
iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery is a well-known data recovery software for iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch. It has helped many people world around to rescue data lost from Apple devices in 3 modes. Here are the main features of the iPhone data recovery software.
Best Software for Recover Files after Update iOS 15
- Recover data from iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches without backup files.
- Recover files from Apple devices no matter how the files are lost, like iOS 15 update, deletion, factory reset, broken device, etc.
- The separate version works on PC and Mac, standalone, and no need of any other software.
Download the Apple device data recovery software to recover files lost for iOS 15 update! Here are the steps for how to recover data lost when iOS 15 updates without backup.
1. Download the Mac or Windows version of the best iPhone data recovery software on the computer and install it. Please note that all the data recovery performance is on the computer, not on the Apple device itself.
2. Connect your iPhone or iPad with your computer and click "Recover from iOS Device". And after then, you need to click the "Scan" button beside the connected iPhone. Wait for the scanning process to finish.
3. Last, from the found files, select the ones you want to preview. After preview, select the needed ones and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers for iOS 15 Update
A: Yes, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and even iPhone X can get iOS 15 updates.
A: yes, both iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are able to update to iOS 15.
A: from iPhone 6s to iPhone 13, covering iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (2016), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2020), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, are all supported iOS 15.
A: you must mean the beta version, right? Now the official new version is available. Tap Settings > General > Update > Software update to check out it now.
A: two options. One is Tap Settings > General > Update > Software update on your iPhone. Another one is to connect your iPhone to a computer and launch iTunes > click "Check for update" on iTunes.