How to Use Disk Drill for iPhone to Recover Deleted/Lost iPhone Data
Does Disk Drill work on iPhone?
Many people are asking the same questions since they know Disk Drill very well and hoping it can work on iPhone data recovery. The fact is the Disk Drill 4 works for iPhone but is limited to the Mac version. From Disk Drill's official site, it is said images, documents, archives, and other deleted iPhone files can be only recovered with Disk Drill for Mac currently.
How to Use Disk Drill for iPhone?
Disk Drill iPhone Data Recovery is able to recover data from iPhone directly and extract data from iPhone backups stored in iTunes and iCloud.
To recover deleted or lost files directly from your iPhone, you just need to
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Download and install Disk Drill for Mac on your Mac. After then, launch it.
- In Disk Drill for Mac, find your iPhone and click "Search for lost data".
- Wait for the scanning process to finish. After then, preview the found contacts, calls, photos, and other data.
- Select needed data and click "Recover" to save them.
To recover deleted or lost files from iPhone backup file, you need to:
- Install Disk Drill for Mac and launch it.
- Click "Recover from iTunes Backup" or "Recover from iCloud Backup".
- Disk Drill will list the list of the backup files, letting you choose the one to restore. For restoring files from iCloud backup, you need to sign in to iCloud with your iCloud account.
- Preview and select recoverable files to save on your Mac.
Is there Disk Drill iPhone Data Recovery for Windows?
No, as I have mentioned that Disk Drill has not released Disk Drill iPhone data recovery software for Windows yet. If you need one, you should find an alternative to Disk Drill for iPhone recovery for Windows.
Best Alternative to Disk Drill Data Recovery for iPhone Software – iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery
Though iBeesoft Data Recovery is not as known as Disk Drill, it has helped thousands of people around the world to recover deleted files from pen drives, computer internal disks, external hard drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, Android phones. For iPhone and iPad users, it has developed a standalone version especially to get iOS device files back either on Windows PC and Mac, offering users all the workable ways to restore iPhone and iPad data. Its name is iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery.
Your Best iPhone Data Recovery Software<
- Directly scan iPhone and iPad, display all the recoverable files for users to preview and recover.
- Extract files from iTunes and iCloud backup files, letting users find lost files without restoring iOS devices.
- Recover Snapchat messages on iPhone and find 20+ file types, including contacts, text messages, photos, videos, audio files, calls, etc.
- Restore files lost from iPhone due to factory reset, deletion, system crash, iOS device damage, iOS update, and so on.
- Standalone version for iPhone and iPad users to focus on iOS data recovery.
How to Use the Disk Drill iPhone Recovery for Windows Alternative to Recover iPhone Data
There are 3 modes to resume iPhone files in this Disk Drill alternative on Windows PC. You can follow the steps below.
1. Recover iPhone Data on iPhone Device:
- Download and install iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery on your Windows PC.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC with a digital cable.
- Launch iPhone data recovery software and click "Recover from iOS device".
- Click "Scan" for iPhone and wait for the scanning process to finish.
- Select file types in the result window to check the recoverable files on the right side.
- Select needed files and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
2. Extract iPhone Data from iTunes Backup Files
- Download and install Disk Drill iPhone Data Recovery for Windows alternative on Windows PC.
- Launch the iPhone data recovery software and click "Recover from iTunes".
- All iTunes backup files will be listed. Click "Scan" beside the backup file you want to extract.
- Preview recoverable files and select needed ones, click "Recover" to save them to your computer.
3. Restore iPhone Data from iCloud Backup Files without restoring iPhone
- Download and install Disk Drill iPhone data recovery software for Windows alternative.
- Click "Recover from iCloud" and sign in with your iCloud ID.
- Click "Scan" for the iCloud backup file to extract files.
- Preview and select needed files. Click "Recover" to locate a folder on your computer to save the retrieved files.
Frequently Asked Questions for Disk Drill
1. Does Disk Drill work on Windows for iPhone?
No, Disk Drill can’t work on Windows for iPhone data recovery. Currently, only Disk Drill for Mac can work for iPhone. You can choose an alternative iPhone data recovery software, like iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery.
2. Is Disk Drill Safe for Windows?
Disk Drill is a read-only tool, sure it is safe for Windows. It does not collect any data for saving on the server.
3. Does Disk Drill work on PC?
Yes, Disk Drill has two versions, one for PC and another for Mac.
4. Can Disk Drill recover phone files?
Disk Drill for Mac can get back files from Android and iPhone images, contacts, text messages, and documents. Disk Drill for Windows can’t resume phone files.
5. Can Disk Drill restore iPhone files?
Disk Drill for Mac can retrieve iPhone files, but it is limited to working on Mac.
6. Is Disk Drill approved by Apple?
File Recovery tool is not approved by Apple, either data recovery software for Mac or for iPhone/iPad. That’s the rule from Apple. That’s to say, Disk Drill is not approved by Apple.