USB Recovery CMD: How to Recover Data from USB in CMD
USB drives are a very important gadget that is used for various purposes. Many people use it to back up important files, photos, videos, music, documents, etc. It’s mainly used for transferring files between computers and OTG supported smartphones. Losing data from a USB drive can be very painful for anyone and if you don’t know how to recover data from USB using CMD or command prompt then you need to read this article. You will get all the information about USB recovery using CMD from here. You will not only learn to recover files from USB using CMD but also learn using the best USB recovery tool on the internet. There is no need to panic if you don’t know how to do it, just read this article, follow the guideline and help yourself.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1: How to Recover Data from USB Using CMD
- Part 2: How to Recover Files from USB without Using CMD (100% Effective)
Part 1: How to Recover Data from USB Using CMD
The most basic and easy way to recover data from USB is by using CMD. Many users don’t know how to recover files from USB using CMD. It’s really easy if you can follow a step by step guideline. Here is how you can do it.
1. you need to connect your USB drive that needs data recovery to your computer. Now press "Windows + R" button in your keyboard to open the RUN window. Then type in "cmd" and click on "OK" to starting USB recovery CMD. This will open the command prompt window for you.
2. When you get the command prompt window, you need to type in "chkdsk H: /f" this command and press "Enter" button. You need to replace "H" with the drive letter of your USB drive. You will find the drive letter when you open your file manager.
3. Then you need to type in "y" and press "Enter" button again.
4. Now one the final step you need to type in – "attrib b -h -r -s /s /d H:\*.*" in the command line and press "Enter" again. You must replace "H" with your drive letter on every command. Keep patience until the process ends. All your lost files will be recovered in your USB drive using CMD.
This USB drive CMD process is easy but a bit technical for people who really don’t know what they are doing here. However, this method only works for recover deleted files from USB drive using CMD. If you want to know how to recover formatted files from USB using CMD? You won’t be able to recover formatted drive by using this process. When that happens, only professional USB file recovery software can help you recover formatted data from USB drive.
Part 2: How to Recover Files from USB without Using CMD
If using CMD does not help you recover files from USB drive. Don't worry, there is the best way to recover USB data is by using iBeesoft Data Recovery. This is one of the best and most effective data recovery tool that can recover data not only from a USB drive but also from hard disk/partition, SD card, external hard drive, and RAW drive. You can trust this tool to recover deleted, lost or formatted data from USB drive within a very short time and few clicks. It has a very easy to use interface that will allow you to recover data from a USB drive easily. All the advanced features and functionalities make this software trustworthy for USB data recovery.
Your Safe & Effective USB Recovery Software
- It’s an easy and highly effective USB recovery solution to recover files from any issue like file deletion, accidentally formatted, wrong operation, virus attack, system crash, and many more.
- It supports any file types such as photos, audio files, videos, documents, archives etc.
- The undelete and unformat USB drive utility supports Windows systems and macOS like Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista/XP or macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and macOS 10.14 (Mojave), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), etc
There can be many scenarios that cause data loss from USB drive, some of those are:
Accidentally deleting or losing data from the USB drive.
Any format error shows up and you accidentally format the USB drive.
USB flash drive gets corrupted, broken or damaged somehow.
Virus and malware attacks infecting the drive.
Data files become inaccessible due to wrongly removing the USB drive when it was on reading mode.
So, the best thing is this data recovery software can recover USB flash drive data from any of these situations.
How to Recover Formatted Files from USB via Powerful Program
Here is how you can recover formatted files from USB or recover deleted/lost files from USB drive with iBeesoft Data Recovery tool
Step 1: Download and install USB drive recovery tool on your computer and connect your USB drive to it. Then launch the tool and click on the "Start" button to proceed.
Step 2: One the next page, you will see a list of drives that are available in your computer. You need to select your USB drive and click on the "Scan" button to start the scanning process of the software.
Step 3: After the scanning is finished, you will get an interface where you will find all the files displayed on your screen that existed before losing them. All you need to do is preview the ones that you need to recover, choose any category from the left side, select the files and click on the "Recover" button to proceed.
The process will finish within a very short time but you need to keep patience till it’s finished. Then all your files will be recovered to your specified folder.
This article will help you realize that USB recovery using CMD is easy if you don’t know how to recover data from USB using cmd. You can follow the guideline from here and make sure that you get back all your data from the USB drive. The problem is, if you don’t know how to recover formatted files from USB using cmd then it’s kind of obvious actually. You can’t recover data from USB using cmd if it’s formatted. All you need to do is start using iBeesoft USB flash data recovery tool to get back all your lost, deleted or formatted data from a USB drive. It’s easy and fully guaranteed solution so there is no need to waste your time on anything else.