11 Best Free USB Data Recovery Program for 2022: Recover Data from USB Drive for Free
Suddenly, you just mistakenly deleted files on a USB drive? File errors or virus attacks destroyed the USB flash drive? Or did Shift +Delete remove files unexpectedly? These are the common reasons for people who lost files, pictures, documents, and videos. After then, you will realize how painful it is to lose these files since you might lose them permanently or you must create new ones from scratch.
When encountering such situations, just calm down. Free USB file recovery software can help you at this time. Here in the following, 11 best free USB data recovery tools are introduced for your reference. Choose any of the software, then you can recover data from a USB drive for free.
- iBeesoft Free Data Recovery
- High USB flash drive data recovery rate as it is 99.65%.
- Recover 1000+ file types, covering all daily used file types with different file extensions.
- Restore files lost in 500 data loss scenarios.
- Repair corrupted videos, pictures, and documents.
- Excellent file recovery;
- Advanced deep scan mode;
- Using industry and military standard secure data removal techniques;
- Simple user interface.
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- The scanning speed is fast and the file recovery rate is high.
- Good at retrieving data from formatted USB flash drives or memory cards.
- The file preview feature is useful for identifying lost items to recover.
- It is available in Windows and Mac versions.
- Available on multiple platforms (Windows, macOS, and Linux).
- Regularly updated by the developers.
- Powerful recovery features including multiple file formats.
- It is open-source (source code released).
- Free, open-source, secure free USB data recovery software
- The partition table can be repaired and deleted partitions can be recovered.
- Rescue data from problematic partitions caused by software glitches, certain types of viruses, or human error.
- Pandora Recovery
- Ability to recover deleted files from NTFS and FAT formatted volumes;
- Preview certain types of deleted files (pictures and text files) without performing recovery;
- Surface scanning (allowing you to get data back from formatted drives) and the ability to retrieve archived, hidden, encrypted, and compressed files.
- Undelete 360
- Available in multiple languages.
- The file tree is very helpful in finding the target project.
- Indicates the file path and file conditions.
- Includes a wipe tool that securely deletes unrecoverable files.
- Wise Data Recovery
- Easy to set up and use.
- Fast scanning process.
- Available in multiple languages.
- SoftPerfect File Recovery
- Portable, no installation required.
- Very easy to use - no unnecessary settings and screens required.
- Ability to restore files using "path".
- Fast scanning process.
- The deep scan function is available after the simple scan.
- Ability to permanently erase files.
- PC Inspector File recovery
- Powerful, able to detect logical drives that other free USB flash drive recovery software cannot.
- Organizing recovered files is easier because it automatically puts them into the correct file structure.
- Multiple languages are supported.
iBeesoft Free Data Recovery is a brand new free USB data recovery program. Though new, it is developed with the most advanced data recovery algorithm and data repair technology. It has helped thousands of people worldwide widely rescue data in emergencies. It has both Windows and Mac versions, letting users perform data recovery on PC and Mac.
Recuva is a powerful, free USB file data recovery software compatible with all Windows platforms. It is easy to use and has many optional advanced features. Recuva has always been at the top of the list of the best disk recovery software, and the tool is divided into free and paid versions.
EaseUS data recovery has a free version and paid version. The free wizard is distributed in 160 countries and regions around the world, and the recovery rate of EaseUS is very high among the free USB data recovery software. The software's quick and deep scanning methods can search for lost data more comprehensively, and restore while scanning, without waiting for the entire scanning process to be completed, and the [Filter] function that comes with it can quickly find the files you need. You can preview in advance to check the integrity of the content.
Created by Christophe Grenier, PhotoRec is a free and open-source USB file recovery program that works well on almost all operating systems. PhotoRec is not just a photo recovery tool (don't be fooled by its name). You can find nearly 500 different file formats from hard disk or removable media with this powerful software. However, it has no GUI at all, and using the command-line interface requires a certain amount of professional knowledge.
TestDisk is similar to PhotoRec's, a very powerful partition recovery tool designed to help discover deleted/lost partitions, make crashed disks bootable again, and much more. TestDisk is like an experienced doctor who can solve most problems related to computer hard drives and USB flash drives.
PandoraRecovery can recover deleted files in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and XP. It supports NTFS, NTFS5, and NTFS/EFS file formats, and is compatible with local and network disks as well as USB flash drives.
Undelete 360 looks like a typical Office application and uses a fast and efficient algorithm that enables users to resume files. Undelete360 recovers files you accidentally deleted from your USB flash drives, computer, recycle bin, digital cameras, memory cards, etc.
Another great freeware from the WiseClean family. It helps you recover files and folders from USB flash drives and various devices. The software is very intuitive: select the drive to scan, then you can browse the project tree to recover your precious files.
The main purpose of SoftPerfect File Recovery is to help you rescue accidentally deleted data from USB flash drives, SD and CF cards, etc. It supports popular file systems like FAT12/16/32, NTFS, and NTFS5 with compression and encryption. The undelete or unformat USB program runs from Windows XP to Windows 10.
It's a standalone application, which means the installation process takes very little time and is very efficient! Tokiwa claims it can retrieve and erase documents, archives, pictures, videos, and more from common storage media.
Helps recover deleted, formatted files from USB drives or partitions, even if the boot sector has been wiped or damaged. However, if the disk drive fails mechanically, the program won't help, and it won't be able to install it on the drive you're trying to restore data from.
The above 11 free USB data recovery programs can help you recover files from USB drives, no matter for what reason you lost the files, like deletion, USB formatting, USB errors, virus infection, and more. Just pick the one that’s right for your USB drive.
Frequently Asked Questions for Free USB Data Recovery
How can I recover data from my USB for free?
You can’t get files back from USB manually since the deleted files removed from the USB flash drives are not put into recycle bin. The only option is to use a free USB data recovery tool for help. iBeesoft Free Data Recovery is one of the best choices as it gives you 2GB of data recovery from a USB drive for free.
- Connect the USB flash drive with your computer.
- Download and install the free USB data recovery program on your Windows PC or Mac. After then, launch it.
- Click the "Scan" button for the connected USB flash drive to let the software scan for it.
- Preview found files by opening them.
- Select needed files and click "Recover" to save them from your USB drive to a new location.
What is the best free data recovery app?
There are many free file recovery apps available. I mentioned 11 data recovery software for Windows 11, Mac, USB drive, hard disk, and more in the articles. You can check their details and choose the one that can meet your requirements: iBeesoft Free Data Recovery, Recuva, TestDisk, PhotoRec, Undelete360, EaseUS Data Recovery free wizard.
Is EaseUS data recovery Free?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has a free version and a pro version. The free version, only lets you get 500MB files back for free. To recover up to 2GB of files for free, you have to share this software with your social media account, like Facebook. The pro version requires payment.
Is there any free unlimited data recovery software?
To be honest, there isn’t totally free unlimited data recovery software. Some are limited in features it offers, like Disk Drill. Some are limited in file size it can recover, EaseUS data recovery. iBeesoft Free Data Recovery could be the one without any feature limits but offers up to 2GB of files to retrieve for totally free.