4 Ways to Recover Deleted Files in Windows 7
If you have accidentally deleted files from your computer system and wish to recover these files with utmost convenience and reliability, then you are in the right place. We have you covered with this detailed guide that highlights the four most effective methods for recover deleted files in Windows 7.
1. How To Recover Deleted Files From Recycle Bin:
Unless you have permanently deleted (Shift + Delete) the files, the easiest solution is to simply look for the files in the Recycle Bin of your system. Here is how you can recover deleted files from Recycle Bin:
- i.Open Recycle Bin from the desktop shortcut. If you cannot access Recycle Bin from the desktop, click on the Start icon or press Windows button on your keyboard and type “Run” and press Enter. Here, type the command "shell:RecycleBinFolder" and press Enter to launch the Recycle Bin.
- ii.Now, search for the files that you wish to recover from the Recycle Bin. Once found, select all of the files that you wish to restore back to your computer system.
- iii.Right-click on the selected files and click on the option "Restore". Alternatively, you can click on the "Restore" button that is available on the navigation plan in the Windows File Explorer. Your files will now be restored to their original location on your computer system.
If you empty the recycle bin, or you can't find the deleted files. Please use the second method
2.Most Efficient Way To Recover Deleted Files - Deleted File Recovery Software:
The problem with the methods above is that they require you without completely deleting or emptying the recycle bin to find deleted files. Fortunately though, there is a workaround for this and that is to make use of the powerful and versatile deleted file recovery tool - iBeesoft Data Recovery. This software provides a dedicated tool for recovering deleted files from your hard drive and achieves this by scanning your hard disk for unreferenced and unlinked data which is the most efficient method of finding deleted data. The software has an intuitive and easy-to-use user interface and a simple three-step process for recovering deleted files in Windows 7. The best feature is the Deep Scan feature that can search for all files that have been deleted from the hard drive through a rigorous and detailed scan. With iBeesoft Data Recovery, you can quickly, reliably, and efficiently restore all of your data to its original state without having to know any of the technicalities involved!
- Supports all types of files. like documents, photo, music, video, archives or emali etc.
- Recover deleted files due to emptying Recycle Bin, ‘Shift+Del’ without backup, deleted partition etc.
- It’s stable and reliable. Never collect any data from clients, but perform very well for deleted file recovery.
Security Verified, 3,655,358 people have downloaded it
Step-By-Step Guide On How To Recover Deleted Files In Windows 7 With iBeesoft Data Recovery:
- i.Download and install Windows 7 Deleted File Recovery Software from its official website. Launch it has installed.
- ii.The main interface will allow you to choose the type of files that you wish to undelete. By default, all file types will be selected but you can deselect a file type by simply clicking on the checkbox next to it (you can do this to narrow down the search and reduce the scanning time). Once you have chosen the required file types, click on the button that says "Start" to begin scanning.
- iii.Now, choose the partition that the files were stored in before they were deleted – the window will show you all primary and extended partitions on your computer system – choose the one that you wish to recover the files from and then click on the "Scan" button on the top navigation panel.
- iv.After a Quick Scan, the iBeesoft Data Recovery tool will preview all deleted files that it could find on the partition – from here, you can choose which files you want to recover. Once you have selected the files that you wish to retrieve, click on the option for "Recover" on the top navigation panel.
- v.Alternatively, if you wish to search for more deleted files and folders then you can choose the option for Deep Scan that can be found in the top navigation panel. Note that the Deep Scan will take much longer than the Quick Scan feature.
- vi.After the Deep Scan, you will be able to preview all recoverable files again from which you can choose the ones that you want to retrieve. Once selected, click on the option for "Recover".
- vii.All the recoverable files will now be restored to their designated folders (from where they were deleted) – once the process completes, you can preview and access the recovered files immediately.
3.Restore Deleted Files by Using the Backup and Restore:
There is a built-in option in Windows 7 that allows you to backup your files and data and then restore them at a later point. If you have this feature enabled, then you can make use of it for recovering deleted files in Windows 7 by following the steps given below:
- i.Click on the Start button or press the Windows button on your keyboard.
- ii.Click on the Control Panel and then navigate to "System and Maintenance".
- iii.You will now be able to see an option for "Backup and Restore" – click on it to access it.
- iv.Now, if you already have a backup of your data, click on the option for “Restore my Files”.
- v.A wizard for file recovery will open that will ask you to select the backup that you wish to recover the data from. Choose the most relevant (or most recent) backup and then follow the instructions in the wizard. This will restore all the deleted files on your computer system that were backed up with "Backup and Restore".
4.How to Retrieve Deleted Files by Restoring the Previous Version:
If you do not have the "Backup and Restore" feature enabled then an alternate to it is to make use of the “Restore To Previous Version” feature in Windows 7. Here is how you can use this feature for retrieving deleted files:
- i.Click on the Start button or press the Windows button on your keyboard and then click on "Computer" to open the File Explorer in Windows 7.
- ii.Now, navigate to the folder that used to contain the file(s) that you wish to recover.
- iii.Right-click on the folder and click on Properties. If the file was located on the root of a drive such as C:\ then right-click on the drive and click on Properties.
- iv.Click on the tab that says "Previous Versions" and choose the most recent version before the file(s) got deleted. For instance, if your file has been deleted today in the afternoon and you have a restore point available for today morning and yesterday then you should choose the one for today morning.
- v.Click on "Restore" and the file(s) will be recovered to its previous version i.e. undeleted version and saved to the location of the folder/drive where it was before deletion.