Undelete Windows 7 | How to Recover Deleted Files in Windows 7
Though there are new versions for Windows OS after Windows 7, still many people are using Windows 7. And unlike new versions, it's hard to restore files deleted in Windows 7. Here in the following, 4 ways are covered for how to undelete files in Windows 7. iBeesoft Data Recovery is recommended for you to recover lost in Windows 7. You can download it to try!!!Free Download
If you have accidentally deleted files on your Windows 7 and wish to undelete in Windows 7 with utmost convenience and reliability, then you are in the right place. We have you covered with this detailed guide that highlights the four most effective methods for how to recover deleted files in Windows 7.
- Quick Navigation
- 1. How to Recover Deleted Files From Recycle Bin in Windows 7
- 2. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 7 with Tool (Most Efficient Way)
- 3. How to Restore Deleted Files on Windows 7 with Backup
- 4. How to Retrieve Lost Files in Windows 7 by Previous Version
1. How to Recover Deleted Files From Recycle Bin in Windows 7
Unless you have permanently deleted (Shift + Delete) the files, the easiest solution is to simply look for the files in the Recycle Bin of your system. Here is how you can find deleted files from Windows 7 recycle bin:
1. Open Recycle Bin from the desktop shortcut.
*tip, If you cannot access Recycle Bin from the desktop, click on the Start icon or press Windows button on your keyboard and type "Run" and press Enter. Here, type the command "shell:RecycleBinFolder" and press Enter to launch the Recycle Bin.
2. Now, search for the files that you wish to recover from the Recycle Bin. Once found, select all of the files that you wish to get back to your computer system.
3. Right-click on the selected files and click on the option "Restore" in the list to restore deleted files in Windows 7.
You can also click on the "Restore this item" button that is available on the navigation plan in the Windows File Explorer. Your files will now be restored to their original location on your computer system.
If you empty the recycle bin, you can't get deleted files back in Windows 7. Please use the second method to recover deleted files from recycle bin after empty in Windows PC.
2. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 7 with Tool
The problem with the methods above is that they require you without completely deleting or emptying the recycle bin to find deleted files. Fortunately, though, there is a workaround for this and that is to make use of the powerful and versatile Windows 7 undelete file tool - iBeesoft Data Recovery.
It provides a dedicated tool for recover lost files in Windows 7 from your hard drive and achieves this by scanning your hard disk for unreferenced and unlinked data which is the most efficient method of finding deleted data in Windows 7. The software has an intuitive and easy-to-use user interface and a simple two-step process for recover permanently deleted files in Windows 7. The best feature is the Deep Scan feature that can search for all files that have been deleted from the hard drive through a rigorous and detailed scan. With iBeesoft Data Recovery, you can quickly, reliably, and efficiently undelete or unformat all of your data to its original state without having to know any of the technicalities involved!
Your Reliable Recover Deleted Files Windows Software
- Supports all types of files. like documents, photo, music, video, archives or emali etc.
- Recover deleted files in Windows 7 without backup due to emptying Recycle Bin, "Shift+Del", deleted partition etc.
- It’s stable and reliable. Never collect any data from clients, but perform very well for deleted file recovery and format recovery.
Guide for How to Restore Deleted Files in Windows 7
1. Choose the drive that the files were stored in before they were deleted and then click on the "Scan" button to start the process.
The "Go to setting" options will allow you to choose the type of files that you wish to undelete. By default, all file types will be selected but you can deselect a file type by simply clicking on the checkbox next to it (you can do this to narrow down the search and reduce the scanning time).
2. After the scan, the best data recovery software for Windows 7 will show all deleted files. From here, you can choose which files you want to get back. Click on the option for "Recover" to save your lost files.
Alternatively, if you wish to search for more deleted files and folders, please wait for the deep scan finish. Note that the Deep Scan will take much longer than the Quick Scan feature. After the Deep Scan, you will be able to preview all recoverable files again from which you can choose the ones that you want to retrieve.
All the recoverable files will now be restored to their designated folders (from where they were deleted) – once the process completes, you can preview and access the recovered files immediately. Download the software to have a try now!!!
3. How to Restore Deleted Files on Windows 7 with Backup
There is a built-in option in Windows 7 that allows you to back up your files and data and then restore them at a later point. If you have this feature enabled, then you can make use of it for find deleted files in Windows 7 by following the steps given below:
1. Click on the Start button or press the Windows button on your keyboard.
2. Click on the Control Panel and then navigate to "System and Maintenance".
3. You will now be able to see an option for "Backup and Restore" – click on it to access it.
4. Now, if you already have a backup of your data, click on the option for "Restore my files".
5. A wizard for file recovery will open that will ask you to select the backup that you wish to recover the data from. Choose the most relevant (or most recent) backup and then follow the instructions in the wizard. This will restore all the deleted files on your Windows 7 that were backed up with "Backup and Restore".
How to Retrieve Lost Files in Windows 7 by Previous Version
If you do not have the "Backup and Restore" feature enabled then an alternate to it is to make use of the "Restore To Previous Version" feature in Windows 7. Here is how you can use this feature to recover deleted folder/files in Windows 7:
1. Click on the "Start" button or press the Windows button on your keyboard and then click on "Computer" to open the File Explorer.
2. Now, navigate to the folder that used to contain the file(s) that you wish to recover deleted files in Windows 7.
3. Right-click on the folder and click on Properties. If the file was located on the root of a drive such as C:\ then right-click on the drive and click on Properties.
4. Click on the tab that says "Previous Versions" and choose the most recent version before the file(s) got deleted. For instance, if your file has been deleted today in the afternoon and you have a restore point available for today morning and yesterday then you should choose the one for today morning.
5. Click on "Restore" and the file(s) will be recovered to its previous version i.e. undeleted version and saved to the location of the folder/drive where it was before deletion.