How to Recover Unsaved/Deleted WPS Document in Computer/Android
"How do I retrieve a WPS file? The file corrupted and it seems I had not saved it before and get the software quit, resulting in the file being lost. Is any way for how to recover unsaved WPS document."
WPS office suite is a great package developed by Kingsoft. To be honest, it is more suitable for individuals and people working in the office, besides offering features as Word documents, Spreadsheet, and Presentation files, it displays all the opened files side-by-side, making it quite easy for users to edit and modify. As if you lost or delete WPS documents, you can try the following ways to get back them as soon as possible.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Retrieve Corrupted/Lost/Deleted WPS Files in Comptuer
- Part 2. How to Restore Unsaved WPS Documents on Windows/Mac
- Part 3. How to Recover Unsaved/Deleted Files from WPS Office in Android Free
- Part 4. How to Backup WPS Documents to Prevent Data Loss
- Part 5. Frequently Asked Questions for WPS Data Recovery
Part 1. How to Retrieve Corrupted/Lost/Deleted WPS Files in Comptuer
No matter how and when a WPS document is lost, the very first thing you must do is to get back the WPS document file right away. You know, any hesitation and improper operation on your computer will result in the WPS file being lost permanently. And the most efficient and quickest way to recover WPS files is to make full use of data recovery program. With the help of WPS recovery software, it will make it directly and easier for you to scan and find the lost WPS files, not need you to look for the file there and here manually.
To WPS recovery file, I strongly recommend you iBeesoft Data Recovery. It is one of the most popular and reliable software tools to retrieve lost, deleted, and corrupted WPS files.
Your Safe & Effective WPS Office File Recovery Tool
- Compared with other programs, this software can find and repair corrupted WPS documents efficiently, making the recovered WPS documents openable.
- Fully compatible with WPS documents.
- Simple interface with built-in navigation, friendly for users.
Guide for How to Recover WPS File
Download and install the WPS data recovery software right now! No matter you want to restore deleted WPS document file, you need to download and install the software on your computer first. Luckily, the tool has a standalone version for Windows PC and Mac. Each version is fully compatible with all the operating systems. Feel free to download it on your computer from which you’ve lost the WPS files.
- Launch the WPS recovery software. After then, you can see all drives, including connected USB flash drives if there are any, are list. Please select the one where the lost WPS files were saved or the WPS document default to save to. After then, click "Scan" to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11, 10, 7, or macOS.
- There is a progress bar telling you how the scanning process goes on. Please be patient, letting the software finished scanning WPS files. When it's done, you can see all found files are sorted into categories. Select the file type first in the left panel and check out the details on the right side. When finding the lost or deleted WPS files, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your PC.
Part 2. How to Restore Unsaved WPS Documents on Windows/Mac
Many people lost WPS documents mostly beause WPS files are unsaved. If you encounter the similar situation, you can try the following 2 options to restore unsaved WPS file.
#1. How to Get Back Unsaved WPS Document from the Pop-up
If your computer is not powered off, losing the WPS document, there might be a pop-up after you relaunch the WPS office software, especially if there was any error for the WPS software. In this case, you can recover unsaved file in WPS office by making use of the pop-up. The steps are simple:
Launch the WPS office software and wait a moment to see whether there is a pop-up. If there is, retrieve unsaved word document in WPS by following the reminder.
#2. How to Recover Unsaved WPS Document from Backup Management
If WPS exits unexpectedly, and there is no pop-up, you can make use of the "Backup Management" to find the unsaved WPS file.
- Launch the WPS software and open a file.
- Click the "Menu" option and select "Backup Management" to restore unsaved files in WPS Office.
- After then, click the "View Backup" option. You can see the backed up WPS files one by one. Select the one you need and open it in WPS. After then, save it somewhere on your computer. That’s it.
Part 3. How to Recover Unsaved/Deleted Files from WPS Office in Android Free
If you are working on your WPS Office file and get the document deleted or lost on an Android device, you can try Professional Android data recovery software to retrieve it back.
MobiSaver for Android Free which is capable of recovering any popular data types including documents, photos, music, messages and more is a good choice. You can free download it and give it a try whenever you need it.
To recover deleted files from WPS office in Android, follow the steps below:
- Run MobiSaver for Android Free on your PC and connect your Android phone to it with a UBS cable.
- When it is connecting successfully, it will automatically extract the lost WPS files.
- After scanning is complete, all your Android files will be listed in specific data types. Click "Documents" and then you will be able to view the detailed information of each file on the right window.
- Finally, select all the WPS documents you want to retrieve and then click the "Recover" button to save them.
Part 4. How to Backup WPS Documents to Prevent Data Loss
You lost WPS documents, mostly because you unsaved WPS documents. Actually, you can make full use of the WPS cloud service or locak backup settings to back up WPS documents automatically, preventing unsaved WPS documents lost.
- Enable AutoSave in WPS Document Locally
- Use WPS Cloud to Back Up WPS Files
- Schedule Backup of Important WPS Files
WPS Office Suit enables you to enable Autosave as well as customize the time gap for autosave while you writing or editing a WPS file.
Open WPS Writer/Presentation/Spreadsheets, click the first icon on the top left > click Options at the bottom right > go to General and Save. In the Recover and Options you can see backup options, tick the checkboxes and save time gap. That's it!
File Roaming is a feature for WPS users. Once a file is created, it will will be saved in WPS cloud, letting users view and edit it on different computers, Android phones or iOS devices after logging in with the same account. It's an option to prevent unsaving WPS issue.
Open WPS Writer, Presentation, or Spreadsheets, click on Sign in on the top to log in with your account. If you haven't had an account yet, you can create one or log in with your FB, Google , even twitter account. Once logged in, the file roaming feature is automatically enabled. After creating a files and close it, you can find it next time by launching the WPS software > going to Office Tab > File Roaming.
If you do not like to save important files in WPS cloud, then you should back up the local WPS documents regularly. And iBeesoft Dbackup is a great option to schedule backup for you.
Part 5. Frequently Asked Questions for WPS Data Recovery
- How do I Recover a Lost WPS File?
- Download iBeesoft Data Recovery to your Windows PC or Mac, and install it.
- launch it and select the drive where the lost WPS file was saved. And then, click "Scan".
- When the scanning process is finished, check the result to find the WPS file. Select it and click "Recover" to save.
- Where does WPS office store files?
- The computer powered off, lost the WPS file without saving it.
- Deleted the WPS document purposely or unintentionally.
- WPS file corrupted, you have to quite the software before saving it.
- Had forgotten to save the WPS document file and quit the software
- WPS Document loss due to Computer crashed or formatted drive
How to get a lost WPS file back fully depends on whether you have a backup or not.
*If you have enabled autosave in WPS, you can go to file > Options > General and Options > find where the autosave address is. Try your luck to see whether you can find it from the saved address or not.
*If you have enabled file roaming in WPS, just log in with your account and click the office tab > file roaming to find the file there.
*The worst situation is that you haven't had a backup file at all, and you haven't enabled file roaming. In this case, you must use data recovery software to recover deleted files from laptop. iBeesoft Data Recovery can help.
Go to office tab > Options > General and Options. From there, you can see the destination.
No matter how you lost the WPS document files, if you want to WPS office recover unsaved document or retrieve WPS files due to deleted/corrupted, you can try the following 3 ways. Choose the one that’s right for you.
Always try your best to prevent WPS files lost.