How to Recover Deleted Files from USB Drive [Free/Paid]
USB flash drives are a popular way to store and transport data. They are small, portable, and easy to use. They are mobile storage devices we often use in work and life. However, we may cause the saved files to disappear due to the following reasons:
- ❌ Sudden deletion of folder or files from your USB drive without backup.
- 🗞️ Unexpected USB flash drive formatting and forgetting to save your files.
- 🔼 Incorrectly unplugging it during file transfer.
- 👻 The virus attack caused all files saved on a thumb drive to disappear.
- ⛔ It denies access, requires formatting, or other reasons that may lead to data loss.
These are the common reasons for the loss of files from USB sticks. Suppose you lose files due to this. Don't worry; this article introduces some ways to recover deleted files from USB free and using the software. Read on!
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Restore Deleted Flash Drive Files with Software [High Success recovery Rate]
- Part 2. Recover Deleted Files from USB Free [Without Software and Recovery Rate Not Guaranteed]
- Part 3. Resume USB Flash Drive by Data Recovery Service [High Cost and Time Consuming]
- Part 4. How to Protect Your Files on USB Flash Drive
- Part 5. How to Repair Corrupted Flash Drive to Avoid Data Disappearance
- Part 6. Frequently Asked Questions
Recover Deleted Flash Drive Files with Software [High Success recovery Rate]
If you accidentally delete files from a USB, you can't get them back from the Recycle Bin like on the computer. Are they gone forever? No, when you remove the files from the flash drive, they are marked as deleted by the system and hidden, waiting to be overwritten by new data. If there are no written new files, they remain on the USB drive, so we have a chance for recovery of the USB deleted file. But you need efficient data recovery software to help you do the job.
Here, you can rely on iBeesoft Data Recovery. It is a popular undelete and unformat software used worldwide to recover deleted files from USB in Windows 7/10/11 and Mac. This proficient tool facilitates fast recovery of lost data by a malware attack, accidental deletion, formatting, or other reasons from a USB flash drive. In short, the iBeesoft file recovery tool will take seconds to resolve this issue.
Your Safe & Effective USB Recovery Software
- Quickly recover files from hard disk, USB drive, memory card, and other storage device.
- It can fix partially destroyed files, and versions are available for Windows and Mac.
- It has a simple interface that can be easy to use for anyone. It can alsh retrieve files from corrupted USB.
Guide To Recover Permanently Deleted Files from USB Drive:
- Download, install and run iBeesoft Data recovery software. Click the "Go to setting" to deselect unwanted file types. You can skip this step if you need to find multiple categories of files.
- Under the External Devices option, you can see all removable storage devices connected to your computer. Select the target drive and tap on the "Scan" symbol to extract deleted files from the USB flash drive.
- After the scanning of your USB flash drive is completed, you can take a look at all the lost files. Then, choose them and press the "Recover" icon to save them on your PC or other drives.
Tip: If you cannot find all the lost USB files or cannot open them, please go to the "Other Lost Files" and "Tags" folders to check them. You can also use this step to recover deleted files from a USB drive on Mac.
Other Five Software for Data Recovery for Flash Drive
When you accidentally delete a file or format your USB drive, it can be frustrating to find the lost data. Fortunately, there are a lot of software programs that can help you recover deleted files from USB drive. Although iBeesoft Data Recovery is the best in terms of recovery rate and ease of use. However, you can still refer to the following five famous tools.
- It uses a unique file carving algorithm to recover deleted files from a USB, disk, SD card, and more.
- It can also encrypt disk images with a password to protect your data.
- The user interface is not friendly.
- It can be slow to run complex analyses.
- Disk Drill
- It also has backup, wipes, and other functional options.
- Sorted by file type on the results page, you can easily find the target file.
- The paid version is expensive.
- Unable to preview some files
- OnTrack EasyRecovery
- It also includes a built-in file viewer to preview your recovered files before restoring them.
- Support RAID recovery
- The trial version has only essential functions.
- You must submit personal information to access the program.
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- It can save the scan results.
- Easy to use
- Scanning is slow
- expensive subscription
- It is a free program and integrates various valuable functions.
- It has advanced filters to find files easily.
- Poor recovery
- It cannot preview found items.
It is a professional-grade data recovery program with support for both Windows and Mac computers. It offers an extensive set of features for drive recovery, including support for RAID arrays and disk images. In addition, R-Studio can createilitate remote recovery over the network, making it an ideal tool for businesses with multiple computers.
It has an advanced scanning engine that can recover deleted files from even heavily damaged storage devices. Additionally, Disk Drill offers previews of recovered files so you can be sure you're getting the data you need before you save it.
If you're looking for an easy and effective way to recover deleted files from USB in Windows 10, 11, and Mac, OnTrack EasyRecovery is a good choice. It uses an advanced algorithm to extract missing data. No matter how the files disappear, it finds files from any type of storage device.
Whether you accidentally removed some files or your drive crashed, EaseUS Data Recovery can help you get your data back. It's compatible with all major OS and supports many file types. So, you can quickly and easily retrieve permanently deleted files from flash drive with just a few clicks.
It is a small program that can restore lost files. It works by scanning your drive for any signs of deleted items and then undeletes them. The program has a simple interface that allows users to select the type of file they want to recover and the storage location.
Although they are not 100% guaranteed to be successful, it's worth a try if you need to recover deleted files from USB and another drive.
Recover Deleted Files from USB Free
Have you accidentally deleted a file from your flash drive, only to realize that you need it too late? If so, you're not alone. It's a common mistake and one that can often be rectified without resorting to data recovery software. However, it may not be successful.
Method 1. Use Shortcut Keys to Undelete from Flash Drive
Generally speaking, you need to insert the thumb drive into the computer before you can edit, copy, delete, and more of the saved files. Therefore, when your flash drive file is deleted by mistake, you can use the Ctrl+Z keys to undo the operation. This method is straightforward; you just need to press this key combination several times a row until your mistakenly deleted files are restored to the USB drive.
- The easiest way to recover deleted files on USB Flash Drive
- It is only suitable for immediate use; after deleting the File, there cannot be many other operations.
Method 2. Recover Deleted Files From USB Using Command Prompt
CMD, also regarded as Command Prompt, is essential to every Windows installation. The Attrib command can clear the read-only or hidden attribute of the File. Therefore, you can try this method to recover deleted files using CMD.
- Click on the Windows + R keys to launch your run program.
- Enter cmd and tap on the Entering key to open your command prompt.
- In the opened Command prompt Window, enter the chkdsk USB drive letter: /f. Tap on the Enter key.
- Use the "ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D drive letter of the flash drive:*.*", and click Enter.
By proper execution, you can access your files in a new folder on your USB drive. Changing your file extensions to use them with other applications is essential.
- Provide great control to an operating system
- It eliminates the need for any third-party tools
- Easy command prompt interface to render quick resolution with troubleshooting
- You have to be very articulate and attentive while entering commands.
- The command prompt would not work even if there were tiny errors.
Method 3. Check for Copies from Elsewhere
The primary function of the U disk is storing essential files so you can use them anytime, anywhere. Usually, these files are copied from our computers. So, we can also avoid data loss by checking whether other storage devices have copies, of course, provided that it is not removed after the transfer is completed. So when you find that the Flash Drive file is accidentally deletion, you can recall whether it was saved elsewhere.
- A possible way to restore deleted files from USB drive
- It is may not be the latest version
Method 4. Recover Deleted Files from Flash Drive from a Previous Version
This function is accessible in every recent Windows operating system version 7, 8, 10, and 11. You can recover deleted files from USB free using the restore previous versions option without using other tools. This feature only functions if you enable this option before removing the files.
- Connect your USB flash drive to your device.
- Enter 'This PC' to access the start menu. Then, on the keyboard, click on Enter.
- Right-tap on the USB flash drive and choose Properties.
- Visit the "Previous Versions" tab and see the entire list of all recovery options. Opt for a previous version and tap on Restore.
- Ease of management
- No need to use any professional software
- Lacks accuracy
- Won't work if you have deleted your File History.
Resume USB Flash Drive by Data Recovery Service
Suppose all the above methods fail. You can also try to find a local data recovery service provider to help you. They specialize in data recovery, data/database repair, database decryption recovery, etc. Their lab has a class 10 clean room, magnetic head Advanced equipment such as locators, electronic magnifiers, etc. Even if your USB drive is physically damaged, they can still retrieve files from a USB drive through the open-disk technology.
- Solve almost all data loss problems
- Expensive and time-consuming
- This service may have the risk of privacy leakage
If that doesn't work, you can also recover deleted files from USB through a data recovery program. With a bit of luck, you can find your deleted file successfully!
How to Protect Your Files on USB Flash Drive
Deleting a folder or File accidentally is widespread for many PC users. However, it can lead to immense stress as the user looks for several ways to recover deleted flash drive files. For example, this loss can be frustrating when talking about USB drives, which may have copies of critical audio files or photos.
Few precautions can be practiced to reduce the chances of data loss affecting flash drives. Some are as follows:
- 🎏 Take regular backups of the data – You should follow this with every type of storage device. You may get into trouble if you don't have a backup of every electronic version of your essential File.
- 🏷️ Take care of your delicate Flash drives – A flash drive is prone to physical damage or can be broken easily, which makes it tough to recover your data. If you take care of the data, it implies you are taking proper care of the devices.
- 🔍 Check for any virus or malware attack – A virus may be responsible for the accidental loss of your files. However, if you protect your system with anti-virus software, it will help to reduce the chances of files being corrupted by viruses or malware.
How to Repair Corrupted Flash Drive to Avoid Data Disappearance
The USB flash drive may be damaged after being used for a long time or improperly operated, causing it not to be opened or displayed on the computer. You can now use the following methods to repair it and get back the saved files.
- 💢 Fix USBs that deny access or need to be formatted to use - Run Command Prompt as administrator and enter chkdsk USB drive letter: /f.
- 💤 Repair Flash Drive not showing in PC - Open Disk Management, select USB and right-click, select "Change Drive Letter and Paths," and choose a free drive letter for it.
- 🚫 Fix USB drive files that cannot be copied - Right-click on the drive and select 'Properties.' Click on 'Tools' in the Window and click on the 'Inspect' button.
- 📚 Fix unable to store files over 4G - Open CMD as administrator and enter convert USB drive letter:/fs: NTFS.
- 🔒 USB cancel password protection - Open the Control Panel, select 'BitLocker Drive Encryption, and click 'Unlock Drive' in the Drive Encryption window. After entering the password in the pop-up Window, click Unlock.
Losing USB flash drive data may invite immense stress. However, it's significant to take adequate steps to protect the data that can reduce the data loss exposure, but finding a trusted method to ensure 100% protection of your files is tricky.
You may have to recover deleted flash drive files due to situations beyond your reach. Professional undelete or unformat flash drive tool like iBeesoft Data recovery offers world-class service to perform a successful recovery process. Stop using your USB drive when you experience data loss, and let iBeesoft get the files back.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Usually, all the deleted files from your USB flash drive are removed permanently instead of stored in the recycle bin.
A: You can get back lost data by backing up. If not, then you can also use iBeesoft Data Recovery to help you. It has no limitations and can quickly recover files from USB drive after being deleted/formatted.
A: You can try using CMD or from the Previous Version. If they don't work, you can rely on iBeesoft Data Recovery to help you recover photos from USB on Mac/Windows PC.
A: Whether deleted or formatted, they will mark the data saved in the USB as deleted and hide it. Therefore, you can get them back through data recovery software. Among them, iBeesoft Data Recovery is your best choice. It can recover data from formatted USB drive, and repair damaged data
A: Abide by the steps below:
- Connect the USB to the computer
- Download and open iBeesoft free data recovery software
- Select your flash drive to scanning
- Go to the "Deleted Files" folder to check found data.
- Select them to save.
A: There is no best USB recovery software, which may be outstanding in some data loss scenarios. However, you can try the eight famous tools below to help recover data from USB flash drive.
- iBeesoft Data Recovery
- Disk Drill
- Stellar Data Recovery
- Wondershare Data Recovery
- EaseUS Data Recovery