Kingston USB Repair Tool Download | Repair Kingston USB Flash Drive
You can see that many people are looking for a Kingston USB repair tool or Kingston pen drive repair tool because they can’t access the pen drive or can’t open the files on the device. There are many reasons for the problems, like virus attack, file broken or write protect, etc. It may even cause loss of important data. When you encounter these problems, you must need a Kingston USB repair tool to help you solve the problem. But it won't necessarily help you. So, this article will introduce you to the Kingston USB stick repair tool and provide solutions to some common problems.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1, Kingston USB Repair Tool and Fix Drive Solutions
- Part 2, How to Recover Kingston Drive Files after Deleted, Formatted
- Part 3, Tips for Increasing the Chance of Saving Files from Broken Kingston Pen Drive
Part 1, Kingston USB Repair Tool and Fix Drive Solutions
1. Fix the Computer Can't Detect the Kingston Pen/USB Drive
Sometimes, a Kingston drive cannot be detected by the computer due to its incomplete file system. You can try the following methods for Kingston USB repair.
- Connect the Kingston drive to your PC
- Click the computer's search icon and type CMD.
- Select Command Prompt app and click Run as Administrator.
- Type chkdsk G:/h (G is yourKingston drive letter)
- Finally, type sfc /scannow and wait for the progress to complete
2. How to Fix Kingston Drive Access Denied/Showing as RAW
Used space and free space are both 0 and system files are RAW? Tell you "You need to format the disk before you can use it?" Kingston memory card, USB flash drive, SSD, pen drive, or other drives anomalies, which can easily happen. Don't worry please follow the methods below to Kingston flash repair.
- Connect the Kingston storage devices to the computer using a USB
- Use Administrator to open Command Prompt
- Type chkdsk g: /f /r /x (G is the Target drive letter)
3.How to Remove Write Protection from Kingston USB Flash Drive
If your drive cannot save new files or modify the data, then the Kingston pen drive or another device may have write protection turned on. There is usually a physical switch to disable it. If you do this and still have problems, follow this step to remove the protection.
- Connect the Kingston drive to your PC
- hold Win + R and type cmd
- Type diskpart and press Enter
- Type list disk and press Enter
- Type select disk X (X is your Kingston drive letter)
- Type attributes disk clear readonly and press Enter
4. Format Kingston USB Flash Drive with kingston Repair Tool
The almighty Kingston repair tool is the official USB Data Traveler Hyper X. It is a tool specially designed for people to format Kingston pen drive, USB flash drive, and more. You might ask what’s the relationship with Kingston flash drive repair tool with the formatting tool. Here is the reason:
First, if you have used Kingston drive on your computer or have done formatting things, the pen drive might not work properly. You can see the warning from the official site. Second, if there are any problems with the USB and pen drive, the first way you need to do is format the drive with the Kingston utility. It will fix these problems and gets the best possible performance. You can free download the Kingston USB repair tool from the site.
Before you repair Kingston USB flash drive with the above mentioned tool, you need to know that formatting will cause all data erased and make your Kingston disk an empty device. If there are some important files stored there, you need back up the data to other drives. If you have forgotten to back up important files or want to recover files from Kingston drive, please continue reading.
Part 2, How to Recover Kingston Drive Files after Deleted, Formatted
If you found important data missing or not fully backed up after format the Kingston pen drive. Please do not worry, here we use the Kingston recovery tool - iBeesoft Data Recovery to help you fix Kingston USB flash drive. It is a professional Windows or Mac data recovery software, helping people get back data from the computer or external hard drives.
Your Powerful & Effective Kingston Drive Recovery Software
- Supports for most file types, such as photos/graphics, videos, audio, offices documents, emails, and more.
- Recover files from Pendrive, hard disk/partition, memory card, digital camera, USB drive, video/music player, mobile phone, etc.
- File recovery from Kingston drives due to deleted, formatted, virus attack, drive displays as RAW, and more.
Here are the simple steps for how to retrieve files from Kingston drive after formatted/deleted.
- Click the download button to get iBeesoft Data Recovery.
- Insert your Kingston drive into the USB slot, making sure your computer has detected it.
- Please select the one that stands for Kingston USB drive and clicks "Scan".
- Restore Kingston drive files
There are 2 versions, one is for Mac, and another one is for Windows PC. You need to choose the one that’s right for your computer OS. For both of them, just install as the way you install other software regularly. They are tested with antivirus software tools and will not collect any of your personal data.
Do not let it go until you finish the whole process of saving data from the Kingston USB flash or pen drive to your computer. Otherwise, you might lose the important files forever.
Launch iBeesoft Data Recovery. From the first window, all hard drives as well external USB flash drives are listed. Please select it to scan. It means that the software will begin to scan the device for files with Quick Scan. Generally, the longer it takes, the more files the software will find for you.
There must be multiple files found in your Kingston USB drive if you have stored many there. The shortcut to pick up the files you prefer is by selecting files under folders to preview and recover. On the left side, all directories are displayed just as you did in the Kingston pen drive. You just need to try to remember where you have put the files and open the folder correspondingly. Next, preview and select files, click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Part 3, Tips for increasing the chance of saving files from broken Kingston drive
- Do not save the files from Kingston Pen drive back to the device again. They might be invisible again from Kingston pen drive.
- When you find the target files in the software, preview and recover them as soon as possible. If not, if there is any problem with Kingston pen drive and computer connection, the recovered files might be broken.
- If the files you recovered with iBeesoft Data Recovery can’t be opened, contact the support. The developer will try the best to restore them for you