12 Best Free SSD Data Recovery Software In 2024
SSDs (Solid State Drives) offer faster read/write speeds than traditional hard drives, making boot-up, software loading, and game launch much quicker. Therefore, it is an excellent choice when we choose storage devices. However, it still has the risk of data loss. Suppose you are one of the victims and looking for free SSD data recovery software. Then please continue reading this article; we will provide the 12 best recovery freeware for SSD and guide you to get files back better.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Tips Before Starting SSD Data Recovery
- Part 2. How to Choose a Safe and Effective SSD Recovery Freeware
- Part 3. 12 Best Free SSD Recovery Software for 2024
- Part 4. How to Use Best Free SSD Data Recovery Software
- Part 5. How to Avoid Permanent Loss of Files Saved on SSD
- Part 6. FAQs
Tips Before Starting SSD Data Recovery
When we remove the data from the hard drive, the system clears its information in the file allocation table and marks it as useless. In this way, we can get them back using a recovery tool. However, SSD has added TRIM to pre-clear useless data to speed up its reading speed. This makes file retrieval more difficult than HDD. Therefore, before starting SSD data recovery, please follow the following tips to speed up the success rate.
- 🚫 Disable TRIM immediately after losing data from the SSD. This will effectively prevent it from erasing your target files.
- ⏰ Use free SSD data recovery software for Windows 11/10/7 and macOS as soon as possible to start retrieval work. The longer the time, the higher the chance of permanent file loss.
- ⚠️ Only save found items to SSD after ensuring that lost files are fully recovered. This prevents data from being overwritten.
How to Choose a Safe and Effective SSD Recovery Freeware
Selecting the right SSD recovery software can be difficult, as many products on the market have varying capabilities. To this end, we will list some options for your consideration to save time.
- ⛱️ Reliable and secure - it should not cause additional damage to the drive or expose sensitive information.
- 😀 Easy to use - any selected file recovery software needs to be intuitive in speed and ease of use. If an SSD recovery software for Mac/Windows is difficult to navigate and utilize, you may risk additional hard drive deterioration from frustration and lack of understanding of how the program works.
- 📑 Applicable scene - make sure the free SSD data recovery software is to your specific data loss scenario, such as system crashes, deleted or formatted drives, and more.
- 🛠️ Repair Corrupted Files (bonus) - it should be possible to reassemble fragmented items during retrieval to avoid recovered files from opening.
- 🤵 Technical Support - the developers of this freeware should offer good support and even remote assistance to help you with data loss issues.
With a little care taken when researching your options, you should find the perfect recovery software for your storage needs.
12 Best Free SSD Recovery Software for 2024
Recovery of lost files is crucial, often necessary after accidental deletion or system crashes. However, finding the right software to trust with such sensitive information can be problematic and costly. Fortunately, countless free alternatives are available for anyone seeking the best free SSD recovery tool for 2024. Such programs are tailored to quickly recover all corrupt, inaccessible, and lost data from SSD drives with maximum efficiency. Whether you're trying to rescue your most important documents or an irreplaceable family photo from your solid-state drive, these 12 top-rated tools will make sure your valuable data doesn't stay gone forever.
- iBeesoft Free Data Recovery
- Stellar Data Recovery Free
- Disk Drill
- 7 Data Recovery Free
- MiniTool Power Free Data Recovery
- Aiseesoft Data Recovery
iBeesoft Free Data Recovery
iBeesoft Free Data Recovery is an essential software solution in today's digital world. Whether it be a household user who accidentally deleted important files on their home computer or at a larger scale, such as an IT department recovering items after a network crash, the best free SSD data recovery software has you covered. The best HDD data recovery software offers a deep scan and retrieval of lost data from your SSD. The fast scan speeds save users time, frustration, and stress allowing for a much smoother file recovery process, even for novice users.
- Intuitive interface
- Automatically turn off TRIM of SSD to improve the success rate.
- Can repair broken items
- Deep scan takes time
Stellar Data Recovery Free
Stellar Data Recovery is a powerful yet simple-to-use free SSD recovery software that can be used by consumers and businesses alike. It has advanced algorithms that facilitate its ability to deeply scan the storage device to accurately recover all types of lost or deleted data, such as pictures, documents, and videos. It also allows users to restore files quickly with step-by-step recovery wizards to guide them throughout the process.
- Support for encrypted volumes
- Easy to use
- Special data types are not supported
- Need to register your information
Disk Drill is an excellent SSD data recovery tool for getting lost or accidentally deleted files. Unlike some solutions, it offers a simple recovery process and provides actionable results in minutes. It also has advanced filtering options that ensure you can quickly and accurately find any missing files. Beyond providing file recovery, it also doubles up as a data backup solution, so no files are permanently lost.
- Deep-scanning engine and powerful algorithms
- List found files by file type
- Only 500M can be restored for free
- Paid upgrade
Recoverit is a potent tool when it comes to file recovery. It allows users to quickly and easily recover lost, deleted, or otherwise inaccessible files and even retrieve lost data due to system crashes. On top of that, its scan algorithms are designed to locate potential risks that may interfere with a successful recovery mission. With the help of the best free SSD data recovery software for Mac or Windows PC, anyone can restore their precious files safely and effectively in a matter of minutes.
- Perform SSD recovery even after a system crash.
- Preview before recovery
- There are functional limitations
- The full version is expensive
7 Data Recovery Free
Most people lead busy lives, and it cannot be easy to keep track of digital records. Fortunately, 7 Data Recovery Free is here to help. It allows users to quickly recover files that have been lost or damaged due to hardware failure, accidental deletion, software issues, and more. With its advanced algorithms and powerful search capabilities, users can easily resume lost items quickly and reliably, making it an invaluable free SSD recovery software for anyone who wants to manage their digital life more effectively.
- Choose an SSD data recovery mode according to the scene.
- Supports almost all file types
- No portable version
- Basically no update
TestDisk/PhotoRec is an open-source program that can be used to repair corrupted partition tables and undelete files. Them has been developed to quickly diagnose the problem and help you restore your data with minimal effort. The SSD recovery software free will quickly scan a variety of different file systems on SSDs, including FAT, NTFS, ext2/ext3, and more.
- Logic errors with repairable drives
- Not for beginners
- Can't preview file
Recuva is a fantastic file recovery freeware that can help if you accidentally delete a necessary file from your SSD. It offers deep scans of your devices to retrieve deleted documents, photos, music files, videos, and much more. The free SSD recovery program supports popular operating systems, including Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. It is reliable software that lets you feel secure, knowing that essential items are never lost forever.
- Convenient wizard mode
- Show status of recovered files
- Can't upgrade
- Works only on Windows PCs
MiniTool Power Free Data Recovery
MiniTool Power Free Data Recovery is a powerful tool that can be used to restore lost items. It is simple to use, even for novice users. With this great app, you can search for lost files and folders and repair any damage caused by viruses or other malicious programs.No matter what the cause of your data loss may be, this free SSD recovery software is an effective and reliable solution!
- Very fast scan
- Supports multiple file systems
- Video recovery from SSD doesn't work well
- May crash
Free Undelete is a free and easy-to-use SSD drive data recovery software that can help users easily view information such as files, types, folders, file sizes, creation dates, etc., and then perform recovery operations with one click. It has a simple operation interface, select the disk partition or storage device to be scanned, and then scan automatically. In the result window, you can view information such as a file, type, folder, file size, and creation date, and it allows you to filter files, performing recovery operations with one click.
- It’s totally free to use without any limitations.
- It’s very easy and simple to use.
- It does not support Microsoft's early FAT and FAT32 partitions.
- It has not been updated for a long time and it doesn’t recover deleted files in Windows 11 yet.
DiskDigger is a well-known app for undeleting videos and pictures on Android, but it still has a PC version to choose from. Whether it is because of accidental deletion, or formatting of the drive, it can be used to get those critical lost files back. With its powerful scanning algorithms, The best free SSD recovery software can detect and recover dozens of different file types.
- Android version available
- The interface is very simple
- Can't preview the video
- Scanning a formatted SSD can be time-consuming
Aiseesoft Data Recovery
Aiseesoft Data Recovery is a powerful solution that can help you find lost files, documents, photos, and almost anything else. More than just data loss due to accidental deletion or system crashes, the free undelete or unformat SSD tool allows users to restore data from broken hard disks. This feature is handy in helping restore lost memories or accidents when traveling or on vacation. With its high success rate of 92%, people should be bold and attempt to recover their valuable data and memories no matter how unlucky the situation may seem.
- Very easy to navigate
- Extracting data is fast
- SSD recovery rate is available higher
- Some functions are not available
DiskGenius is a fantastic tool for anyone who needs to recover lost files from their SSD. It's free and powerful, making it one of the most popular programs used by computer novices and experts. Additionally, its extensive file format support allows it to work with a wide range of data types, so whatever kind of file you're trying to find, the best free SSD data recovery tool can help you get it back - even if it's been lost or deleted months ago!
- Provides SSD management options
- Files that can be previewed
- Restoring an SSD is prone to confusion
- The retrieved data is incomplete
Above is the best free SSD data recovery software for Mac or Windows we have listed for you. We hope they are helpful to you.
How to Use Best Free SSD Recovery Software
If you've recently encountered a situation where you need to recover data from an SSD (Solid State Drive), you may feel overwhelmed and need help figuring out where to start. No need to worry! Here's how to use the best free SSD data recovery software to guide you through the entire retrieval process.
- Download and install iBeesoft Free Data Recovery Software on your computer.
- Select your SSD as the target drive for the scan.
- After completing the scanning progress, select your target files and click the Recover button to save them.
Tip: If the target file is not found, you can also go to Files Lost Original Directory and Other Lost Files to check for found files.
How to Avoid Permanent Loss of Files Saved on SSD
Solid State Drives (SSDs) are the preferred storage media for many computer users because of their ability to quickly access data, their durability, and their long lifespan. Although SSDs have many advantages and are generally more reliable than hard disk drives (HDDs), SSDs are still susceptible to data loss, so it's essential to understand how best to protect your data.
- 🎏 It would help if you regularly backed up all of your files using an external storage device or cloud service to create a secure remote copy in an emergency.
- 🔍 It's also important to occasionally check for signs of file corruption or disc errors to rule out any potential issues before they have the opportunity to cause significant damage.
- ✏️ Additionally, it is recommended that you limit write operations on the SSD itself and avoid error-prone activities like editing system files or carrying out firmware updates.
- ⚙️ Finally, regularly update the operating system and apply patches, and access controls should be used to keep unauthorized parties from gaining access to sensitive information.
With these measures in place, you can rest assured that your data remains secure even if something happens to the SSD drive itself.
You can still get back your lost files if it is not physically damaged. However, please perform SSD recovery as soon as possible.
Accidentally deleting files on an SSD can be very frustrating. Don't worry; for this, you can use the best free SSD recovery software - iBeesoft Free Data Recovery to get back lost files for free.
Retrieving data from SSD will be more difficult compared to HDD. But you can rely on iBeesoft Free Data Recovery. It will automatically turn off TRIM on SSD before the operation starts, increasing your chances of getting lost files back.
Disk Drill can only help you restore 500M of data from a drive for free. You can also use iBeesoft's free data recovery software if you want to save more items. It can recover up to 2GB of files.
Although Recoverit has a reasonable recovery rate, it cannot repair damaged files during retrieval. If the recovered files cannot be opened, then you can also try iBeesoft Data Recovery.
Recovering lost and corrupted data from a solid-state drive (SSD) can be complex. Still, thankfully modern technology has provided program developers with the tools to help make this process easier. The best SSD recovery software depends on many factors, such as the size of the drive and the type of data, but several excellent options are available. Whether you're looking for a free or paid solution, features like deep scanning and sector-by-sector copying give you flexibility in retrieving your files and make data loss less stressful. A reliable recovery program, such as iBeesoft Data Recovery or Disk Drill, will provide you with peace of mind that your file is recoverable in an emergency.
When you’re desperate to restore deleted, lost, or formatted files from an SSD, it can be hard to know what program to choose. Fortunately, Here are the 12 best free SSD data recovery software for Mac/Windows. But, iBeesoft Free Data Recovery is the top-rated and most reputable service for recovering data from solid-state drives.