Unformat SSD | How to Recover Data from Formatted SSD
SSD, Solid State Drive or Solid State Disk, using flash memory as a storage medium, the reading speed is faster than a mechanical hard disk. So, people like to choose SSD to store applications or important data, like photos, music, videos, emails, documents, portable programs and more. It is a great device to extend your storage for the computer. However, from time to time, you might format it for some reasons, which will result in data loss and you need to unformat SSD.
Why format SSD?
- Accidentally/unintentional format SSD: it is quite easy to format the SSD. You just right-click on it and select "format", then it is done and done. Because it is so easy to format SSD, people may do it accidentally.
- RAW SSD, the SSD displays as RAW or 'Media/Drive is not formatted, would you like to format now?'
- Virus attack: if you haven’t had any precautionary measure to prevent virus attack for your SSD, it may get infected while you using it to store files that have been virus attacked. Formatting will erase all data on it, including the virus infected ones, clearing your SSD.
- SSD get corrupted: while you using the SSD, it may get corrupted due to the operating system issues. Formatting will reset the SSD to the original settings, fixing the corruption problem.
- SSD Re-partitioned: for some geeks, they like to shrink or extend the size of the SSD partition, which may get the SSD formatted.
What happens to format SSD?
While your SSD after format, all the files on SSD, including photos, videos, emails, audio files, and more are marked as deleted files, and become invisible on SSD, waiting to be overwritten by new data. So, when you intentionally or unintentionally format the SSD, resulting in data loss. Please don't worry, you still have a chance to recover formatted SSD. At this point, you can use the drive recovery technique is that unformat SSD software scans for the formatted data, and save them back to your computer before new data overwrote them permanently.
Important!!!: to increase the chances to recover data from formatted SSD, you need to stop using your SSD as soon as you find you have lost files. Next, find a professional unformat SSD tool to get back files from SSD after format as soon as possible.
What kind of software do you need to unformat SSD?
You can find some formatted SSD data recovery tools over the internet, but you need to choose a professional one. iBeesoft Data Recovery is such a program. It is more professional, the unformat SSD tool uses the latest powerful scanning algorithms, provide two scan modes to achieve better recovery. The interface is simple and clean. Even the most inexperienced user can use it to unformat SD card, SSD, hard drive, digital camera, etc. Then why not give it a try? Here are its main features:
Your Powerful & Effective Unformat SSD Software
- Professional, stable, easy-to-use. It doesn’t require you to learn any recover formatted SSD techniques to use it.
- Thebest SSD recovery software supports more than 1000+ file types, covering the commonly photos, videos, audio files, official documents, all kinds of pictures, emails, and more.
- Fully compatible unformat SSD in Windows 11/10/7/8/XP/Vista and Mac OS X 10.6 and later.
How to Recover Data from Formatted SSD
The following is a step-by-step guide for how to use iBeesoft Data Recovery to restore SSD data after format.
- Install the Unformat SSD Tool
- Select the formatted SSD to scan
- Unformat SSD
Click the download button to install the best format recovery software on your computer. Both the Windows and Mac are available currently. Next, follow the built-in wizard to install this software on your computer. It is a secure tool, will not bring you any virus or affect other programs on your computer.
All paritions and external hard drives are displayed in the next window. You need to select the SSD you want to unformat and click "Scan" to let the software scanning formatted data on it.
How long it takes to scan for the formatted SSD fully depends on how many files it scan for. If it takes longer than you expected to scan for the formatted files, calm down, it means it can find more files for you. The longer it takes, the better the result is. After the scanning process, the result will be displayed. You can unfold the categories respectively to preview files belong to them. When you find the target files, you can click "Recover" to formatted SSD data recovery.
If you are not content with the result the unformat SSD software offer to you, please Wait for the deep scan to complete. It will dig deeper for the formatted SSD data for you.
Frequently Asked Questions to Recover Files from Formatted SSD
Is it possible to unformat an SSD after Quick format?
Yes! The quick format can only erase the file index information, and the data is still saved in the SSD. So, you still have a chance to find them. If it is a full format, then your data may be gone forever. If you have backups, then you may still get them back.
How Can I SSD Data Recovery after Format for Free
After formatting, all the files saved in the SSD are marked as hidden. So, you have to rely on recovery software to find and retrieve them. Is there a free program that can do this job? Of course, iBeesoft Free Data Recovery can help you get back up to 2GB of data for free. The following are simple steps to complete retrieve data from the formattted SSD hard drive.
- Download this freeware and launch it
- Click the "Scan" button beside to SSD
- Select the lost fils and click the Recover" button to save.