How to Recover Lost/Unsaved Word Documents in Windows 7
Microsoft Words is amazing to create, edit and update Word documents in Windows 7. Sometimes Word Documents can be easily lost due to deletion, unsaved, and replaced with new version. If you are facing such issues there’s nothing to worry about, you will learn how to restore lost/unsaved word files in Windows 7. Let’s start with the first methods:
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Recover Deleted Word Doc in Windows 7 from Recycle Bin
- Part 2. Restore Unsaved Word Files in Windows 7 with Auto Recover
- Part 3. Retrieve Permanently Deleted/Lost/Unsaved Word Documents in Windows 7 with Software
Part 1. Recover Deleted Word Doc in Windows 7 from Recycle Bin
Whenever you deleted a Word file in Windows 7, it’s not removed or deleted permanently. Besides, this you can easily find it inside the Recycle Bin. It’s not only related to Word files, every file that you delete goes there unless you delete it permanently. Here’s how you can find deleted Word doc in Windows 7 from Recycle Bin.
- On your Desktop DoubleClick on Recycle Bin to open it.
- Look for your deleted file by name or by size and right-click on it once found.
- From the options click on Restore and this will get deleted Word doc back in Windows 7.
Part 2. Restore Unsaved Word Files in Windows 7 with Auto Recover
Suppose you were working on a Word document and something happened that was out of your control such as a computer crashed, electricity shortage or the OS crashed, there’s a risk of losing all the changes you have made. It’s very painful and no one can bear it as it would be hard to again work on all the documents. Microsoft Word has a built-in feature to overcome this situation and it’s known as Auto Recover.
This “auto-save” function creates a backup copy of your document every a few minutes while you are working on it. Here are the steps for recovering unsaved Word documents in windows 7.
- Open MS Word on your computer and go to the File option from the menu bar.
- From the list of menus click on “Options” and “Word Options” will appear from there look for the “Save” option and click on it.
- There you will see the AutoRecover options . You can always access your auto recover files from the Auto Recover files location. Even if your close the document the file will be saved in the location. Whenever you want to find any lost or unsaved file, you can get it from auto recover easily. Generally the autosaved Word documents are in one of the location below.
These two methods described above can be really helpful to recover unsaved doc in Windows 7. If you aren’t able to recover Word documents, try both methods one by one. Even if both methods are failed to get your required file, we have another solution that will help you in recovering unsaved Word documents in Windows 7, using data recovery software.
Part 3. Retrieve Permanently Deleted/Lost/Unsaved Word Documents in Windows 7 with Software
You have seen the other methods to find deleted or unsaved word documents in Windows 7 and they are limited to viewable Word documents. You can’t recover Word documents if they are permanently deleted or you have emptied recycle bin. In such a situation, iBeesoft Data Recovery is really helpful and you can get all your unsaved or lost word documents recovered on Windows 7 within no time.
It enables the user to recover their unsaved word document in the easiest and straightforward way and it’s the best solution available for recovering files as compared to other data recovery tools. an iBeesoft data recovery is a third-party tool that you can easily download and install on your computer running Windows 7. Here you can learn more about its outstanding features.
Your Word Document Recovery software for Windows 7
- It’s clean, reliable and secure software to recover Word documents deleted or unsaved in Windows 7.
- Recovers not only Word documents but also other data such as videos, images, audio files, and archives, etc.
- Offers a trial version to scan and list the recoverable files for you.
- Resume data from any data storage device such as computer internal hard drives, external hard drives, USB flash drives, and more.
In the part below, you will learn how to use iBeesoft data recovery to recover deleted/unsaved word files in Windows 7. Let’s start.
- Set up iBeesoft Data Recovery
- Select File Location
- Preview and Recover Word Documents on Windows 7
In order to get this tool installed on your computer, the first thing a user should do is download the setup. After that install it according to the instructions on your computer and launch the Microsoft Word recovery software once it’s installed.
After launching, it will ask you from where you want to find the deleted files and there you can choose any location and click on “Scan” this will start the scanning process. You need to wait until the scan is completed to get the final results and don’t intercept the scanning process by copying or pasting anything on the destination drive. This may decrease the rate of the recover deleted files in Windows 7.
On completing the scanning process, you will see a list of all the files that have been found during the scan and these files will be sorted according to their file type and format on the left pane of iBeesoft data recovery. You can preview the recovered files before saving them on your local storage drive as this will ensure that you are only saving those files that were deleted.