12 Best Recuva for Mac Software to Recover Deleted/Lost Files Free
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. What is Recuva software?
- Part 2. Does Recuva work on Mac?
- Part 3. 12 Best Recuva for Mac Alternative Tools
- Part 4. Comparison of the Recuva Alternatives for macOS
- Part 5. Frequently Asked Questions of Recuva for Mac
What is Recuva software?
Recuva is a simple and powerful file recovery program that works on Windows operating systems. It was developed by Piriform and released in 2007. This powerful yet straightforward utility tool makes our digital lives so much easier. With the simple click of a button, Recuva can help us easily locate and restore lost items for free. The following are its specific features:
- 🆓 The basic version is completely free: if you want to upgrade and retrieve data from the virtual hard disk, you need to upgrade to the professional version.
- 🔍 Excellent data recovery ability: Quick scan quickly extracts deleted items. The deep scan feature enables users to thoroughly search every known file type in harder-to-find locations.
- ☕ Easy to use: Provide a complete wizard for the entire data recovery process.
- 🚀 Fast scan speed: Retrieve drives at speeds up to 50.318Gb/sec.
- 🎞️ Poor video recovery.
- ⛔ It cannot preview some files.
Does Recuva work on Mac?
No. Though Recuva is an incredibly useful and free program for Windows users, the sad truth is that Mac users are missing out on its benefits. If you're the owner of a Mac and need to get back lost and deleted data, don't worry, you're not out of luck. While there is yet to be an official Recuva for Mac, some excellent tools still fill that gap. To help you choose which one is right for you, here are the best 12 Recuva alternatives for Mac that are available today. These solutions will help bring your missing information home!
12 Best Recuva for Mac Alternative Tools
With the prevalence of Macs around the world, there's no surprise that users are constantly searching for robust software to help recover lost files and images. Recuva is a powerful tool that allows you to search for and restore damaged files easily. Unfortunately, not all users have access to this particular program. Fear not, however; plenty of great alternatives offer powerful options for recovering lost files on macOS. To help you find the ideal tool for your needs, we've compiled a list of the twelve best Recuva for Mac alternative tools available today, each reliable offering solutions with excellent user ratings. Read on to check them out.
- 🥇 iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac
- 🥈 TestDisk
- 🥉 R-Studio
- 🎖️ EaseUS Mac Data Recovery
- 🏅 DiskWarrior
- 🏵️ PhotoRec
- 💐 Exif Untrasher
- 🌷 M3 Mac Data Recovery
- 🌹 VirtualLab
- 🌺 Boomerang Data Recovery
- 🌻 MagiCute Data Recovery
- 🌼 MiniTool Mac Data Recovery
1. iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac
iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac uses the latest engraving technology to recover deleted files from Mac internal disks and connected external hard drives. It comes with two scanning modes: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. Quick Scan find removed data swiftly, and Deep Scan retrieves hidden items from the hard disk. This best Recuva for Mac alternative software stands out because it can fix corrupted videos, pictures, and documents by collecting the deleted file fragments and matching them together. It’s can also the fix for Recuva recovered files not opening issue.
- It can deeply search and reorganize files according to the physical characteristics of fragmented items, thus greatly improving the success rate of recovery tasks.
- A simple interface and easy operation guide can help users get started quickly.
- Support recovering 1000 file types from over 2000+ devices.
- Fix corrupted videos and pictures.
- No file shredder data protection feature.
- Deep Scan is a little bit slow.
As a perfect alternative to Recuva for Mac, TestDisk can quickly recover deleted files. It supports fixing partition tables and booting disks again at system startup. It can also easily restore lost partitions due to accidental deletion or corruption. Moreover, it's free of cost and hence is an ideal tool for people who need to restore missing data at no additional cost quickly.
- A very professional tool as a Mac version alternative for Recuva to recover data.
- It restores FAT32 and NTFS boot sectors from the backup.
- It supports rebuilding FAT12/FAT16/FAT32, NTFS boot sector.
- It’s challenging to use for beginners because of the command line interface.
- It’s not good at recovering lost photos from digital cameras and hard drives.
It is a powerful tool for format recovery and undeleting. It adopts new recovery technology and provides complete data maintenance solutions for disks partitioned by FAT12/16/32, NTFS, NTFS5 (Windows 2000 system), and Ext2FS (Linux system) Program! At the same time, it provides support for local and network disks, and many parameter settings allow advanced users to obtain the best recovery results. The newly added version of R-Studio adds the function of RAID reorganization. The types of RAID that can be virtually reorganized include RAID0 and RAID5, and the reorganization of RAID5 can support the lack of a hard disk.
- Recover damaged or destroyed disk partitions.
- Backup and restore disk imaging.
- It can estimate the successful chance of disk recovery before purchasing.
- The limited preview feature makes it impossible to preview all the recoverable files.
- Though as Recuva for Mac alternative, it's not for individuals, but for professionals. It's hard to use.
4. EaseUS Mac Data Recovery
It is an efficient and effective tool to recover deleted files on Mac. From accidentally deleted files to system malfunction, this Recuva for Mac alternative software helps you regain access to lost or erased files quickly and easily. It works with any internal or external storage device, creating a complete hard drive scan to identify all lost files. Furthermore, EaseUS Mac Data Recovery also supports a wide range of file types; photos, documents, videos, and even emails can be recovered at the click of a button.
- The intuitive interface allows non-technical users to quickly understand each step in the data recovery process without needing extra instruction.
- It can save scan results for future use.
- Slow scan
- The price is high.
It is a reputable third-party hard disk repair tool under the OS X system commonly known as DiskWarrior. Its main function is to solve many common hard disk problems by rewriting the Directory file of the hard disk. DiskWarrior can also directly recover data from your problem hard disk. DiskWarrior is not a disk repair program in the traditional sense. Instead of patching the original directory, it uses patented technology to quickly build one and replace it with the original directory, thereby restoring files, folders, and files.
- It finds all salvaged files and folders for you with a single click.
- It repairs disks that no other utility can repair.
- Its preview feature lets you see your disk's appearance after the repair.
- It doesn't have a trial version.
- The latest macOS is not supported.
- The data recovery price is quite high at $119.95.
It is an efficient file recovery program that can find a wide variety of file types, including multimedia, documents, archives, and more, from a range of hard drives (hard drives, CD-ROMs, USBs, memory cards, etc.). It can also recover photos from digital cameras (supports all major camera brands: Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, etc.). Works with all major file systems: FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT, ext2/ext3/ext4. Even if the file system is badly damaged or formatted, PhotoRec will still help. The free Mac data recovery software supports more than 440 file types (approximately 270 file type families).
- It's free and works on macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- It uses read-only access, ensuring the safety of every recovery process.
- PhotoRec recovers data directly from the bottom layer of the media, making it possible to get files back from the severely damaged and formatted hard drive.
- It’s for computer gurus only. The interface is hard to use.
- No file preview
- Recovering video files is more difficult.
7. Exif Untrasher
It is a data recovery software tool running on macOS 10.6 and higher. It is mainly used to recover jpeg photos deleted from digital cameras. This freeware can quickly and accurately find and recover pictures from the camera's SD card with high quality.
- Super software for Mac to recover JPEG photos from the camera.
- It’s free with unlimited features.
- Very easy and efficient to recover data.
- Only works for recovering JPEG images.
- The scanning speed is not ideal.
8. M3 Mac Data Recovery
It is a data recovery tool on Mac computers. The Recuva for Mac alternative software provides users with undelete and photo recovery functions, which can quickly recover files due to trash emptying, accidental deletion, formatting, hard disk crashes, and more.
- It can also recovers data from deleted Mac volumes.
- The free trial version can recovers 1GB of data for free.
- Supports RAID recovery.
- During the scanning process, no data information is displayed.
- Errors occur while retrieving documents.
VirtualLab for MacOS X is a simple program that provides basic Mac data recovery. This tool is dedicated to two recovery modes: lost file recovery and iPod recovery. It enables users to restore data from unmounted volumes, RAID drives, FireWire, and USB.
- It provides you with a particular RAID constructor;
- Volume Recovery helps you get back data from damaged or unmounted volumes.
- You cannot search for files by name.
- You cannot save scan results.
10. Boomerang Data Recovery
Boomerang Data Recovery Software for macOS X is another Recuva for Mac alternative tool that handles various data loss scenarios from accidental deletion to formatting. It can find deleted, formatted, corrupted files and unmountable and reformatted drives.
- An extremely easy-to-use interface that saves a lot of time;
- It can retrieve files from RAID drive easily;
- The program only offers regular scans, not "Deep Scan."
- It doesn't support as many file types as the other utilities on the list.
11. MagiCute Data Recovery
It can restore data lost due to deletion, formatting, or other reasons. The program supports the recovery of more than 2000 file types and is fully compatible with HFS/NTFS, FAT, and FAT32. There are three versions of Remo Recover for Mac users to choose from. The Basic Edition is also the cheapest version, and it only allows users to resume deleted files from the Mac hard drive or files emptied from the Trash.
- It is a quick recovery program that requires no special skills or knowledge.
- As a portable application, it allows you to install and run it on an external hard drive.
- It can create disk image backups.
- No stop is allowed during the scanning process. You have to wait for it to finish.
12. MiniTool Data Recovery
The Recuva for Mac alternative tool provides four practical functions: Undelete Recovery, Damaged Partition Recovery, and Digital Media Recovery. It is an integrated data recovery software that all home and business users can use for free.
- Very clear navigation in the main window.
- Recover large files easily.
- Allows previewing files before recovery.
- Free version features are limited.
- The installation package is quite big.
- The price is high.
Comparison of the Recuva Alternatives for macOS
Each of these Recuva alternatives for Mac offers its own unique advantages and disadvantages, and it can be tough to choose the one that is right for you. For this reason, we have prepared a table to compare various key parameters for you to make a better choice.
- Recovery rate Rate
- Reassemble broken fragmented items
- File preview
- Ease of use
- Free trial
- iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac
- Recover 500M files for free
- EaseUS Mac Data Recovery
- Recover 500M files for free
- Exif Untrasher
- M3 Mac Data Recovery
- Recover 200M files for free
- Recover 1M files for free
- Boomerang Data Recovery
- MagiCute Data Recovery
- MiniTool Mac Data Recovery
Frequently Asked Questions of Recuva for Mac
A: No, Recuva only works on Windows PC to recover deleted data. You have to choose Recuva as a Mac alternative if you need one.
A: Not exactly. It doesn’t work for iOS. Recuva only recovers lost files from disks, SD cards, and USB drives in Windows 11/10/8/7.
A: Recuva is very safe to use. It has millions of users around the world. Please speak highly of it.
A: Yes, its basic version is free and enough to help you recover deleted files. If you want to retrieve data from a virtual hard disk and get the latest version, then you have to pay to upgrade to the professional version.
A: No, It is a data recovery program designed to work on Windows operating systems. However, It is not compatible with macOS. If you want to recover deleted files on Mac then you can rely on the best Recuva for Mac alternative - iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac
Recuva is one of the best programs for recovering lost data on a Windows PC. However, if you're looking for an alternative to Recuva that works on a Mac operating system, you can try the above software. Many of these solutions offer free trials to ensure they work before committing to purchase. In short, this 12 best Recuva for Mac alternatives is an invaluable tool for any Mac user who finds themselves in an undesirable situation where important data has gone missing.