How to Recover Files Deleted by CleanMyMac 
"How do I recover deleted files from CleanMyMac? I launched CleanMyMac yesterday and today I found I lost some files. I haven’t done any deletion manually. CleanMyMac X must have deleted the files."
CleanMyMac is a great software for Mac users to clean up outdated caches, downloads, logs, all kinds of junk files, as well as pictures in photos. It only takes a few minutes for the software to scan the whole hard drive on Mac, listing all the useless, junk data as well as duplicate files on Mac. After then, just with a single click, all the selected files will be removed. After then, you can see your computer speed is boosted and hard drive storage is extended.
However, it also happens you realized there were some files you still need that had been removed by CleanMyMac. What to do? You must learn how to recover files deleted by CleanMyMac. Basically, you need to follow the 1-2-3 step procedure.
- Check Trash Bin for CleanMyMac Deleted Files
- Check Time Machine Backup to See Whether There are CleanMyMac Deleted Files Copies
- Try Professional Data Recovery Software for Mac to Perform Data Recovery Soon
For Step 1, you just need to click open Trash Bin, looking for the target files. Generally, deleted files are put into the trash bin and they will be saved there for 30 days before being permanently deleted. Once you find the deleted files, select them, right-click and select "Put Back". All the selected files will be restored to the original folder where they were before deletion.
Step 2, only works for people who usually back up Mac hard drive to Time Machine. If you have never done any backup, then you should go to step 3. To get CleanMyMac deleted files back from Time Machine backup, you should do the following process.
How to Restore Deleted Files from CleanMyMac by Time Machine
- Connect the disk of backup files with your Mac.
- In the Mac menu, click System Preferences > Time Machine.
- Check the box for Show Time Machine in the Menu bar.
- Find the Time Machine icon and open it.
- Scroll up and down to find the right version of files you have backed up according to the TimeLine.
- Select the target files and click "Restore".
If you haven’t found the file deleted by CleanMyMac from Trash bin as well as Time Machine backup, the only workable way is using data recovery software for help. It is specially developed for users to rescue files lost by deletion or incidents.
Please note that the file recovery success rate is not 100%. If you have protected the files, it means you have done nothing to your Mac after the file cleanup by CleanMyMac, then the file success rate is high. If one using a professional Apple data recovery software for help, then you can retrieve deleted files by CleanMyMac soon.
iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac is reliable and worth a try. It has helped thousands of people worldwide to find files that were lost due to different reasons. It is developed with the most advanced technology for data recovery. Here are some of its main features:
Your Effective Software for Recover Deleted Files on Mac
- Restore files in 1000+ formats, covering all the daily used pictures, videos, audio files, documents, archives, and more.
- Retrieves files lost in 500+ scenarios, including deletion, hard drive error/failure, system crash, raw hard drive, formatting, virus attack, and so on.
- Repair and get back damaged and corrupted videos, images, documents.
- Fully compatible with all kinds of HDD and SSD hard drives.
How to Recover Files Deleted by CleanMyMac With Software
- Download and install the free trial version of the Software on your Mac.
- Seletet deleted files types
- Select disk to scan for the disappeared file
- Get back CleanMyMac X deleted files on Mac
It’s fully compatible with all the macOS versions, including macOS Big Sur. Feel free to give the tool a try. It allows you to preview all the recoverable files before performing the real data recovery.
Launch the Mac data recovery software. From the first window, you can target the file types to scan and restore. If you want to see all the possible recoverable files, just click "Start" to go ahead.
In the next window, select the hard drive where the CleanMyMac deleted files were saved, and click "Scan". After then, you can see the data recovery software begins to look for recoverable files.
When the scanning process is finished, you can check the found files by selecting the file category in the left panel. All the found files can be opened to preview. When finding the target files, select them, and click "Recover" to save the recovered files to your Mac.
Never be panic when "Cleanmymac deleted my files" happens. You just need to calm down, follow the right procedure to recover files deleted by CleanMyMac: check trash bin, Time Machine backup, and even make use of the last restore iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac to perform deleted file recovery. The sooner the better result you will get. And you’d better keep the Mac standstill until you have learned the right way to get the deleted files. Otherwise, you might get files overwritten unconsciously.