OK, if you’re asking the same question as to how to recover files deleted by Norton, then you’re in the right place. Here in the following, we talk about two ways to recover files deleted by Norton. Let’s dive in quickly to recover the deleted files quickly. Otherwise, you may be lost permanently.
Sometimes when it tells you that some important files are infected with the virus, and Norton may ask you whether to delete them. You may say Yes or No, and actually finding these files are missing in some time. Norton may delete them or put them in the Quarantined folder, where Norton will remove them from your computer after a period of time, making sure these files are not important for you. In this case, if you need these files, you can restore them from the Quarantined folder. To do this, you need to know where is Norton quarantined files stored? Do not worry, follow the steps to find it.
1. Launch Norton software on your computer. When you see the My Norton, next to Device Security, click Open.
2. Click to open Security and click History.
3. In the Security History window, in the Quarantine view, find the files deleted by Norton.
4. Select the deleted file you want to restore, and in the Details panel, click Options.
5. In the next Threat Detected window, you can either select Restore & exclude this file(Norton never quarantine it again) or Restore.
1. Launch Norton and next to Device Security, click Open.
2. In the next window, click Advanced or Settings > Activity.
3. In the Security History row, click View.
4. In the Security History window, click Quarantine.
5. Last, you can check out the Norton deleted files there. Select the target file and click "Restore".
This method is useful to recover files removed from Norton to the quarantine folder. It works for most cases. However, if you can’t find the files deleted by Norton there, you must learn how to recover files deleted by Norton with data recovery software.
iBeesoft Data Recovery software is one of the most popular software tool to help user recover all kinds of files lost or deleted on Windows PC, Mac, external hard drives, etc. You can try it to recover Norton delete files as well. Here are the simple steps:
You can download the latest version, either Windows or Mac data recovery software, on your computer where Norton deleted files. Both versions work the same.
Launch the software. From the start-up window, you can see all supported file types by this tool. Please select the file types deleted by Norton and click "Start" to recover files deleted by McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky, and more, it will save the scanning time by doing this. For sure, you can directly keep them all selected as well.
Here all the hard drives on your computer are all listed. You’re supposed to select the one where the Norton deleted files were. Click "Scan" to letting the software work right away.
It takes a while for the software to scan for all files deleted on your computer. When it finished, you can see all found files are sorted into categories. You can filter file types to check out whether them are the one you need. When find the Norton deleted files, select them and click "Recover" to retrieve the Norton deleted files.
To do this, you must set it up to stop Norton antivirus to delete files automatically on your computer.
1. Launch Norton antivirus > Settings.
2. Click on Firewall and switch it off beside the Intrusion and Browser Protection and Apply.
3. In the Security Request dialog box, select the duration to switch off the Download Insight and click OK.
1. Launch Norton and Go to Settings > Antivirus > Click on the Configure [+] in the Scan and Risks.
2. In the Real-Time, Exclusions window add file or folders. In the Add, choose files or folders and click OK.
3. Click Apply to keep the changes.
Norton File Cleanup works more or less like iBeesoft iClear, helping users scan and clean junk files that slow down Mac, covering cookies, caches, temporary files, installations, duplicates and more.