How to Recover Data/Files after Factory Reset on Mac
Factory reset Mac is a widely used way to fix macOS issues. However, while factory reset Mac all settings and files are removed from Mac, leaving you an empty Mac. What’s worse, the precious photos, videos, documents, etc. are wiped as well. Here in the following, learn how to recover data after factory reset on Mac.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Recover Data after Factory Reset on Mac with Software
- Part 2. How to Restore a Wiped Mac with Time Machine Backup
- Part 3. How to Recover Files after Factory Reset Mac with iCloud Backup
- Part 4. How to Restore Mac to Factory Settings without Losing Data
Part 1. How to Recover Data after Factory Reset on Mac with Software
You must be fretful after you see the important files lost after factory reset Mac. In fact, the first thing you need to do is calming down and making use of professional data recovery software for help. It’s possible you can recover files after factory reset on Mac with Time Machine backup or iCloud Backup if you do have any backup files. However, you must try data recovery software to recover files if you do not have any backup files at all.
Among the data recovery software available to download on the internet, iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac is a great choice. Compared with another such kind of software, It is updated regularly to equip with the last data recovery technology. It’s fully compatible with all the macOS, including the latest Big Sur. Here are the key features you might want to know while recovering data after a factory reset Mac.
Professional Mac Data Recovery – Recover Files from Mac Easily
- Recover pictures, videos, documents, audio files, archives, and other types of files on Mac.
- Restore data after quick format hard drive and factory reset Mac with quite impressive success rate.
- Fully compatible with macOS running on MacBook and iMac.
- Find files on Mac no matter how you lost the files, deletion, factory reset, wiping mac, partition lost, hard drive formatting, etc.s
Step-by-step guide for how to recover/restore data from wiped macbook after factory reset
- Click the DOWNLOAD button to get the official version of the Mac data recovery. After then, install the software on your Mac. If any pop-up appears stopping you from installing the app, please set up on your macOS system preferences as "install apps from App Store and identified developers". You can’t find any iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac alternative from App Store since Apple doesn’t allow any such kind of software available there because Apple has offered users the built-in app Time Machine to backup Mac files.
- Launch the best Apple data recovery software after the installation. In the first window, please select the file types you lost while factory reset Mac and deselect the unwanted file types. It will shorten the scanning time. Click "Start".
- In the next window, please select the hard drive where the lost files are saved before you factory reset Mac. After then, click "Scan", letting the software look for the files wiped from MacBook and iMac while factory reset Mac.
- When the scanning process is finished, please check out the found files from the wipe MacBook or iMac. Select the wanted files and click "Recover" to recover data after factory reset on Mac.
Using this free Mac data recovery software to recover data from wiped Macbook after factory reset Mac is easy and efficient. And you can get a good result the moment if you do the data recovery the moment you find the files lost after factory reset Mac. Any delay or further operation on your Mac will result in data loss permanently if you do not recover files after factory reset Mac as soon as possible.
Part 2. How to Restore a Wiped Mac with Time Machine Backup
If you had backed up your Mac with Time Machine before factory reset your Mac, then you can fully restore a wiped Mac with Time Machine backup. Here are the steps.
- Connect the external hard drive which you used for Time Machine backup.
- Click to open the Launchpad and find Time Machine. Click to enter Time Machine.
- Scroll down to check out the files. If there are thousands or hundreds of files, look for the target files with the timeline.
- Select the files you want to recover to Mac and click Restore.
After then, you can restart your Mac. Later you can see the restore files in the wiped Mac due to factory reset.
Part 3. How to Recover Files after Factory Reset Mac with iCloud Backup
If you have enabled iCloud on your Mac and do the sync regularly, then you can make use of files on iCloud to recover data after factory reset. The recoverable file types are pictures, contacts, calendars, reminders, bookmarks, and more.
- Log in to your iCloud with your account information on your Mac.
- Next, you can see there are some options for the restore.
Part 4. How to Restore Mac to Factory Settings without Losing Data
Though how to recover data after factory reset on Mac is explained above, the best choice must be never to lose data while restoring Mac to factory settings? How? Do backup. There are some options for reset Mac to factory settings without losing data.
- Copy important files to an external hard drive.
- Sync your important files to cloud services. Sync your Mac with iCloud to back up important files there.
- Use Time Machine to do backup to an external hard drive.