5 Ways for How to Repair and Recover Corrupted Excel File on Mac
Every business organization and individual are using MS Excel for complex calculation. MS Excel can do various functions such as calculation, analysis, preparing charts, forms, diagrams. You can save as much as data on Excel. If your Important Excel file suddenly corrupted or lost on your Mac computer or external hard drive. Don't worry, this page offers repair Excel file ways for how to fix a corrupted Excel file on Mac and a great option to restore a corrupted/deleted/lost Excel file on Mac.
5 Ways for How to Fix Corrupted Excel File on Mac.
Excel file corrupted and cannot be opened on Mac? There are various ways to repair corrupted Excel files on Mac. You can easily choose the best Excel repair Mac way to get back corrupted data files within less time and access the valuable data or files again.
Method #1: Use Excel and Repair Tool
MS Office offers the inbuilt features to fix a corrupted Excel file.
- Start Microsoft Excel and choose the open option from the File menu.
- If you open the dialog box, then select the Excel workbook and click on the Open & Repair option from the dropdown list.
- After that, you see the popup window and click on the Repair button for extracting or repairing files.
This mode needs to fix the corrupted excel files in the Windows version. Because the Mac version doesn't have this option.
Method #2: Save as A Web Page(.htm) for Repair Excel on Mac
If you can open an excel file, but the file is not opened in a readable format, then you need to save it as an excel file into HTML pages format.
- First of all, open the Excel file.
- And then click on Save As option from the file menu.
- Choose the Web Page(.htm) from the Save as Type and click on the Save button.
- After that, right click on the saved file and open with Microsoft Excel.
Method #3: Save the Excel file as XML Spreadsheet
If your excel file is corrupted, then you need to open and repair Excel on Mac, then this best alternative for opening the corrupted file with an XML spreadsheet.
- If you want to repair a corrupted Excel file, then open it and click on save as an option from the file menu.
- Then, choose the XML Spreadsheet file type form Save as Type and click on the Save button.
- After saving this file, then right-click on the saved file and open with Microsoft Excel.
- Then, the excel file is easily repaired with this alternative.
Method #4: Get Back with Time Machine
If your excel file is corrupted, then you need to repair and restore the file from various methods. The Time Machine is one of the best ways to fix a corrupted excel file on Mac. If you cannot find the deleted or corrupted file in your system trash bin, then Time Machine is the best way to repair data or files.
- If you want to repair a corrupted excel file on Mac, then click on Enter Time Machine from the menu bar.
- And then find your backup on the Time Machine drive and file location.
- After that double-click on a file to preview it and confirm that file you want to repair or recover.
- Select the file and click on Restore to get back it to its original location and easily repair the corrupted file.
Method #5: How to Recover Corrupted/Lost Excel Files on Mac with Software
If you want to fix corrupt excel files on Mac easily and efficiently, you should make use of professional software. iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac is one of the ideal file recovery software to retrieve corrupted, deleted, or lost excel files on Mac. It is developed with the most advanced technology to scan, collect and match file information, repair corrupted Excel worksheets and restore corrupt word, excel, and other files on Mac in simple steps.
Your Effective Software for Retrieve Corrupted Excel File Mac
- Scan, collect and match file information, repair corrupted Excel and Word docs.
- It repair files corrupted due to deletion, system errors, virus attack, etc.
- 3 simple steps to recover and repair corrupted Excel files: scan, preview and get back files.
- Select file type
- Start Scan Process
- Recover Excel Files on Mac
If you want to find and repair a corrupted/lost excel file on Mac, then you need to only select the "Documents" and click "Start" from the iBeesoft Mac data recovery window.
In this screenshot, please select the drive where you lost the corrupt excel file, and click the "Scan" to start the scanning process.
After the completion of the scanning process, you can easily preview the file type that you want to recover. You can easily start the recovery process with a click of the "Recover" button and easily recover a corrupted excel file on mac within a few minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions for Repairing Corrupted Excel File on Mac
Q:How do I fix severely damaged Excel files?
You can try to fix the damaged Excel file by using the built-in "Open and Repair".
- Open Microsoft Excel on your computer.
- Go to "File" > "Open" > navigate to the folder where the damaged Excel file is.
- Click "Open" > choose "Open and Repair..." option.
- Click "Repair".
Q:How can I recover a corrupted Excel file for free?
Yes, you can try iBeesoft Free Data Recovery, a professional data recovery and repair tool, fixing corrupted Excel file up to 2GB for totally free.
- Download and install it on your PC.
- Launch the software and select the hard drive where the corrupted Excel file is. Click "Scan".
- In the scanning result window, select the Excel file and click "Recover". After then you can see the corrupted Excel file has been fixed and openable.
Q:How does an Excel file get corrupted?
There are many reasons for Excel file get corrupted, like open the Excel file inproperly, the file closed by force, and the deletion removed some file properties which result in recovered Excel files corrupted and not openable.