Best Disk Drill Alternative for Mac Free Download 
Are you looking for the Disk Drill alternative for Mac? Disk Drill is a great software for Windows PC. However, compared with the Windows version, it seems the Mac data recovery is not that famous. Is there a Disk Drill for Mac? Yes, there is. In this article, information for what is Disk Drill for Mac, how to use Disk Drill for Mac, is it safe and is there any Disk Drill alternatives for Mac are introduced.
Part 1. What is Disk Drill for Mac?
So, what is Disk Drill for Mac? Disk Drill is the in-built data recovery application for Mac operating system. The basic software comes with different features, which include preview capability for recovered files.
It also has some other features and functionalities, including Guaranteed Recovery and Recovery Vault, boot disk maker, and lost partition restoration, among others. Disk Drill can be used to recover data from external and internal hard drives, SD cards, and USB flash drives, to mention a few.
Part 2. How to Use Disk Drill for Mac
Disk Drill is a full-featured app that is native to Mac OS. The basic version provides data recovery functions while the Pro version comes with more functionality. For this post, we will focus on the basic version. Below are the steps on how to use Disk Drill for Mac.
Step 1. Visit Apple Store and download the Disk Drill application. After the download, install the app.
Step 2. Launch the app and select the disk that has the lost files. To do this, locate the disk and click the "Search for lost data" button to start the drive scanning process.
Step 3. Preview the generated recovered files and choose the specific ones that you wish to restore.
Step 4. Click on the "Recover"button for the second time. This will recover and restore your files on the disk.
These are the four simple steps on how to use disk drill Mac. It is simple to use and within minutes, you can recover your lost data without stress.
Part 3. Is Disk Drill Safe for Mac?
If your question is – is Disk Drill safe for Mac? It is normal. It is all about sensitive data and you should know if using it is safe for your Mac or not. To answer the question, the first thing that must be pointed out is that Disk Drill is an in-built recovery utility. This means that it is as safe as any other in-built recovery utility.
However, you must be careful when you want to format your drive because you will lose all files that are stored on the files. This is the only thing that you need to know when using the recovery tool. Other than this, it is 100% safe and secure to use. To better understand the tool, here are some of its unique features.
- It is a powerful recovery tool that works perfectly well on macOS.
- Has the capacity to recover up to 200 file formats
- Easily solves issues relating to lost partition
- Features advanced scanning algorithms that can access every inch of your disk
Best Disk Drill Alternative for Mac – Free Download Mac Data Recovery Software
As mentioned above, the Disk Drill has both the basic and pro versions. The basic is limited in what it can do. This means that if you want the full features that support unlimited recovery, all file systems, and storage types, you have to opt for the pro version.
To get the pro version, you have to pay up to $90 for the upgrade. So, what if you can get a Disk Drill alternative free Mac that offers great features beyond what the free Disk Drill version offers? That would be amazing, right?
Well, you sure can find a great alternative to this tool. The most recommended choice is the iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac. This is the best Disk Drill alternative Mac that you can find. We will look at the reasons why this is so.
- Recover deleted files on Mac. iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac can undelete or recover data from any storage drives, including Mac, memory cards, digital devices, hard drives, removable drives, and other drives.
- Emptied Trash Recovery. It can recover permanently deleted folders or files from Mac’s emptied trash
- Formatted Drive Recovery. iBeesoft can restore data from formatted external devices, hard drives, USB drives, and SD cards, among others.
- APFS Data Recovery. The tool is fully compatible for the recovery of APFS drive/volume in macOS High Sierra as well as the latest macOS versions.
- Mac Data Recovery in Different Scenario. It can recover lost files, such as images, audio files, video files, documents, archives, and other documents, caused by unexpected virus attacks, system reinstallation/upgrade, drive displays as RAW, and others.
- Mac Disk Recovery. The software can retrieve lost folders and files on Mac caused by volume loss, hidden, deleted, repartition, damaged, and inaccessible, among others.
How to Use the Disk Drill Alternative for Mac to Recover Files
The first thing to do is to download the software and install it on your Mac device. When this is done, follow the steps below to recover files on your Mac device.
Step 1. Select the file types to recover. Next, click the "Start" button to start the recovery process.
Step 2. Select the directory to scan. When this is done, click on the "Scan" button to begin the scanning of lost files.
Step 3. Preview and recover files on your Mac device. It takes few minutes for the scanning to complete. Preview the files displayed in the result window to ascertain that you have the correct files. Next, click on the "Recover" button to save the selected files on your device.
Disk Drill is a great recovery tool for Mac devices. However, if you want to access the full recovery feature, you would have to upgrade to the pro version, which is a bit expensive. iBeesoft Data Recovery is one of the top Disk Drill alternatives Mac that you can consider.