How to Recover a Deleted/Lost Partition on External Hard Drive
"how do I restore a deleted partition on my external hard drive? I don’t know why it happened. Please give me some external hard drive partition recovery suggestion". - Jamie
When it happens, people always see how can I find the deleted or lost partition on my external hard drive. Actually, the first thing you need to do is not for the specific way for how to recover partition on external hard drive. The very first thing you must keep in mind is stopping using your computer right away, never creating a new partition or do any further operation on the Mac or PC, cause any further operation on the computer will result in the partition as well as the data in the partition disappear permanently. After then, you need to learn how to recover lost partition on external hard drive.
To get lost or deleted a partition back on the external hard drive, you need a professional tool for help. The first part should be how to find the lost or deleted data from the lost partition on the external hard drive. Next, learn how to create a new partition. And last is how to restore the deleted data to the lost partition on the external hard drive.
Powerful Recover External Hard Drive Partition Program to Get Lost Files
One of the best tools to retrieve the files from the lost partition on the external hard drive is iBeesoft Data Recovery. It enables you easily to scan the hard drive for the lost partition data, covering almost all the file types saved in the partition on your external hard drive. It has two standalone scanning mode: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. Quick Scan saves you time by scanning your external hard drive swiftly for the lost files. Deep Scan recovers almost all possible files which might not look like the files you lost, but they are and appeared differently. Interesting, ha? You can see it’s magic with all your data back. Let’s check out the first part of recovering lost or deleted partition on external hard drive.
Your Safe & Effective External Hard Drive Partition Recovery Software
- Easily to recover partition on external hard drive after deleted, lost, repartition, displays as RAW, damaged, external drive accident, etc.
- It supports deleted partition recovery for FAT, exFAT, NTFS, APFS, ReFS, HFS Ext2/Ext3 and other file systems.
- The best partition recovery software can restore graphics, videos, document, email, audio and other files from deleted or lost external hard drive partition.
- Click Download to get and install the external hard disk data recovery software on your computer.
- After then, connect the hard drive with your computer. When it is recognized by the computer, it’s done.
- Launch it. By default, all the supports files are selected in the main window. You can click "go to setting" to specify the file types to scan.
- Select the driver with this identification ( ) as the location to scan. After then, click "Scan" to let the software scan for all the files in the lost partition on the external hard drive.
- When the scan is finished, select all the needed files, and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Both Mac and Windows PC versions are available. Please download the one that fits your operating system.
If not, you should try several times to make sure it is recognized. Please note the whole process of partition on external hard drive recovery is operated on a computer. Without the computer, there is no way to recover data from external hard drive on Mac or Windows PC.
My suggestion is to try the default one. It will scan your external hard drive for all the lost or deleted files in the lost or deleted partition.
Note: as I have mentioned that, Deep Scan will find more files for you. You can try it in the result window to scan for more data from the lost partition on the external hard drive. It takes longer than the Quick Scan but with a better lost external hard drive partition recovery result.
Part 2 should be creating a new partition on your external hard drive. After then, move the recovered data in part 1 to the new partition. By following the above guide, all data in the lost or deleted partition will be recovered and you’ll have a complete partition with full data in the external hard drive.