How to Recover Data from External Hard Disk Free
The external hard drive has become an essential tool for many of us; its large storage capacity and portability make it the perfect place to store important photos, music, documents, etc. However, we often find ourselves faced with the dilemma of losing data due to accidental deletion, damage, viruses, or even formatting. Such loss can be devastating, especially when precious memories or vital documents are at stake. If you are facing such a dilemma, please keep reading this blog; we will provide multiple ways to recover files from external hard drive free whether your disk is normal or corrupted.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Is It Possible to Free Online Data Recovery from External Hard Disk?
- Part 2. How to Recover Deleted/Lost Files from External Hard Drive Free
- Part 3. How to Restore a Deleted Partition on External Hard Drive Free
- Part 4. How to Recover Data from External Hard Drive Free That Is Not Accessible
- Part 5. How to Rescue Files on Not Showing External Hard Disk Free
- Part 6. How to Recover Physically Damaged External Hard Disk
- Part 7. How to Keep Your External Hard Drive Data Safe
- Part 8. FAQs
Is It Possible to Free Online Data Recovery from External Hard Disk?
In this day and age, technology has brought us numerous solutions to our problems at lightning speed. From online file repair to image processing, we can complete almost any task with a button online. However, the option seems nonexistent in the search results when it comes to recovering data from an external hard drive online for free.
You may now wonder why no free online services can solve this issue. The other solution is to upload the problematic file to the corresponding server and rely on the program it deploys to fix the error. However, can we transfer external drives to the network? Impossible! In addition, it also involves personal privacy issues. Therefore, online data recovery from external hard disk seems out of the question.
However, are lost items permanently gone? Don't despair; although no online service can help you recover files from external hard drive free, you can still use local solutions. Next, we will show you the methods to get back your data even if your external disk is denied access, not showing up on your computer, the file system is shown as RAW, losing partitions, etc.
How to Recover Deleted/Lost Files from External Hard Drive Free
Losing valuable files can be a nightmare, and it's even worse when it's on an external hard drive because files deleted or lost from an external drive will not appear in the Recycle Bin, unlike a computer's internal hard drive. However, all hope is not lost; even without a backup, we can still turn to professional software - iBeesoft Free Data Recovery to help you recover external hard drive data free.
- It provides quick and deep scans; whether your items are lost due to accidental deletion, formatting, malicious programs, etc., it can help you recover deleted files from an external hard drive free.
- The best deleted file recovery or format recovery software was fully compatible with Windows 11/10/7/8/XP/Vista and Mac OS X 10.6 and later to ensure you find lost pictures, audio, video, document, and other files.
- It can free data recovery from external hard disks, SD cards, USB flash drives, digital cameras, and more.
- Moreover, the best HDD data recovery software can also repair corrupted files during loss.
With the help of iBeesoft, you can get back the lost items for free within three simple steps. You can download and try it to make a recovery external hard drive free on Mac or Windows PC.
- Connect the external disk to the computer.
- Install iBeesoft free recovery software on your computer.
- Launch it and click "go to setting" to filter file types to save scanning time.
- Select your external hard disk and click the "Scan" button to analyze missing data.
- When the scan is completed, you can view the files found in the list. Select what you need and click the "Recover" button to save them.
With the help of the above methods, you can recover deleted files from external drive free has never been easier. Is a solution available if my external hard disk loses partitions? Don't worry; you can use the steps below to find your volume and data.
How to Restore a Deleted Partition on External Hard Drive Free
Have you ever experienced deleting or losing your external hard drive's partitions by accident? It can be a frustrating and daunting situation but don't worry. Following the steps, you can quickly recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11, 10, or macOS and create a new partition.
- Connect your external hard disk to the computer with a USB cable.
- After starting the iBeesoft software, find the "Lost Partition" with a yellow warning icon under the "External devices" option.
- Move the mouse to the area where the missing volume is displayed and click "Scan" that appears.
- After completing the retrieval, select the found data and click "Recover" to save them to a new location.
- Open the computer's disk management and find the Free space on the external drive.
- Right-click to select "New Simple Volume" and follow the wizard to create a new partition.
- Finally, copy the found files to this volume.
Losing essential data from your external hard disk can be devastating, especially if you do not back up your files. However, there is hope if your external hard disk is healthy and you have yet to continue to save new files after the loss. Using the above methods, you can recover data from external hard disk free and find lost partitions. But things can get a little more complicated when your external drive is corrupted. Fortunately, there are still solutions available. You can still get your saved files back by referring to the following methods for different symptoms, giving you peace of mind and protecting your valuable data.
How to Recover Data from External Hard Drive Free That Is Not Accessible
There might be a file system failure when your external drive denies access or needs to be formatted before it can be used. So, you can go through the following steps to fix the error and retrieve files from an external hard disk for free.
- Hit the "Start" button and type "CMD."
- Find "Command Prompt. app" and click "Run as administrator."
- Enter "chkdsk *:/f" (* is the drive letter of the external drive)
- After waiting for the progress to complete, you should be able to access the saved data.
Tips: If this method fails, then you only have to use iBeesoft software to free online data recovery from external hard disk before formatting it to fix this problem.
If the computer can recognize your removable disk, there is always a way to recover deleted files from external hard drive free. If it can't be displayed on the computer, will its stored data be lost forever? This is not necessarily the case, and you can try the following method to solve this problem and reaccess your items.
How to Rescue Files on Not Showing External Hard Disk Free
- Replace the USB port or cable - if they have problems, your external hard drive will not appear in the computer.
- Reload the disk - Open Device Manage and click Action > Scan Hardware Changes at the top.
- Try to update the driver - Go to Device Manage > Universal Serial Bus controllers > USB Composite Device. Right-click, select "Update Drives," and follow the wizard to complete the update.
- Change the drive letter - Open "Disk Manager," find your external hard drive, and right-click on any capacity on the right to select the "change drive letter and paths" to set an unused drive letter.
- Initialize the external drive - Right-click on the left side of the Disk Manager, where the total capacity is displayed, and select Initialize Disk.
Note: Methods 4 and 5 should work if your external hard disk appears in Disk Manager but not in File Explorer.
If the above methods of recovering data from an external drive for free have failed, then your disk may have been physically damaged or files are severely corrupted. At this time, if you want to retrieve the data in it, then you can only use the following methods.
How to Recover Physically Damaged External Hard Disk
Physical damage means that your external drive's components are damaged and cannot work. Free external hard drive recovery software and troubleshooting solutions might prove futile. The only possible remedy is handing over the device to data recovery services, which comes at a considerable cost. The professionals with the proper knowledge, experience, and tools can retrieve files in a sterile lab, ensuring maximum data retrieval from your damaged external drive. With the following steps, you can confidently seek out this online service and return your essential files quickly.
- Do a Google search to find a reputable data recovery service provider near you
- Explain your situation over the phone, including details about the external hard disk, the type of data loss, and any specific issues or symptoms you are experiencing.
- Ship your damaged external hard drive to its physical location.
- The service center will physically evaluate your drive and provide a corresponding solution.
- Select a plan according to your needs.
- The service provider starts data recovery from an external hard drive and provides a detailed report.
- Go to the service center to get the essential data of your external hard drive.
It's important to note that it may not be possible in all cases, especially if there is severe physical damage or complex issues with the external hard disk.
How to Keep Your External Hard Drive Data Safe
Like any other device, an external hard disk is not immune to data loss. Losing important files and documents can be frustrating and costly, especially if they are irreplaceable. Fortunately, there are simple yet effective measures you can take to ensure the safety of the data stored in your external hard disk.
- 🏷️ First, choose a qualified external hard drive, such as West Digital or Seagate. With higher stability and security, data saved on the external hard drive can be protected better.
- 📤 One effective way is to regularly back up your files onto multiple devices or cloud storage. If anything goes wrong or your drive becomes corrupted, you will still have a copy of your files saved elsewhere.
- ⛱️ Keep your external hard drive away from potential damage or theft by storing it safely and securely and using password protection or encryption to secure your data from unauthorized access.
- 🚫 Keep your external hard disk away from extreme temperatures, water, and magnetic fields, as they can damage the hardware and potentially corrupt your data.
- 🗳️ Please use a surge protector or uninterruptible power supply to protect your hard drive. It will effectively avoid file system damage caused by sudden power failure, excessive current, etc.
- ⛔ Avoid rough handling or dropping your external hard drive. This will minimize permanent data loss due to physical damage.
These simple precautions can help prevent data loss and make your external hard drive a reliable storage device.
The deleted items from the external drive will not be placed in Recycle Bin. Where did they go? They are just hidden and still stored on the external hard drive. So you still have a chance to recover deleted files from an external hard drive for free.
No, if you continue using the external drive to save new data after removing a file, there is a high chance it will be overwritten. At this time, it is difficult for you to use data recovery software to find it; even if you find it, you may not be able to open it. Therefore, when essential items are lost, please stop using your drive and take action immediately.
Mistakes happen, but there's some good news before you panic. With the free data recovery software or backup, permanently deleted files from an external hard drive can be recovered without spending money.
If you have a backup, you can quickly retrieve accidentally deleted files. If not, you can also try to recover deleted files using CMD. If all else fails, you can only rely on professional software - iBeesoft Data Recovery.
Does the system prompt you to format it before using it? The file system of the external drive may be faulty, and it cannot be mounted properly by the system. To do this, you can try to run the command prompt in administrator mode and enter "chkdsk E: /f /r" (E is the drive letter of the external hard drive) to solve this problem. If that doesn't work, you can also use iBeesoft Data Recovery to get back saved files.
There are many reasons for an external drive to fail. For this reason, you don't have to worry! This article provides various methods to help you recover files from external hard drive free even if access is denied or cannot be recognized. You can choose the corresponding solution according to the symptoms.
No problem! As long as you didn't save new data after formatting. Then you can use iBeesoft free external hard drive recovery software to retrieve the items.
There are many freeware options for you to choose from on the web. However, it can be overwhelming how to select the best one. It's crucial to consider factors such as the success rate, ease of use, and the overall features of the software. Here are some popular free options to recover files from external hard drive free, like iBeesoft Free Data Recovery Recuva and TestDisk. Researching and comparing these options before ultimately selecting the best fit for your recovery needs is recommended.
Losing important files can be a nightmare, especially if you accidentally removed or lost them due to a technical glitch on your external hard drive. The good news is that recovering those files doesn't have to be a costly or complicated procedure. This article provides various methods to help you recover deleted/lost files from external hard drive free. Following a few simple steps, you can retrieve your lost data and return to work without missing a beat. Whether you're a business professional or a student, external hard drive recovery free should be stress-free and hassle-free. So don't let lost data bring you down – try them today and easily reclaim your files for free.