12 Best Free Partition Recovery Software for Mac/Windows: Recover Deleted/Lost Partition
A computer partition is a logical division of a hard disk drive (HDD) or solid-state drive (SSD). It can help organize data, separate program files from user files, and more. Sometimes, you may have missing partitions and data it stores due to accidentally deleted, an attack of a virus, bad sectors, a power outage at unexpected times, corruption of the file system, or any other reason. If you encounter such a problem, you will need a recovery tool for volume to help you. So here we are discussing 12 fabulous options in detail that will help you assist in choosing the best free partition recovery software.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Select the Rihgt Partition Recovery software for Your Needs?
- Part 2. 12 Best Free Partition Recovery Programs You Need to Know
- Part 3. Frequently Asked Questions
How to Select the Rihgt Partition Recovery software for Your Needs?
It's common to have issues with your computer's partition. It's one of the most common problems that people face. If you're having issues with your partition, consider partition recovery software to help you recover lost data and partitions on your hard drive. But with so many options on the market, how do you choose the best one for your needs? You must check specific parameters to get the best free partition recovery software for Mac or Windows PC. These are:
- 🚫 You need to confirm that this free version has no functional limitations.
- ⚽ You'll want to ensure that the program is easy to use. The last thing you want is to end up with a program that's too complicated to use.
- ⚙️ You'll want to ensure that the program is compatible with your operating system.
- 🥇 It must provide excellent performance for easy recovery of lost partitions and files.
- 🤹 It must regularly have updates and practical and responsive customer support.
- 🏷️ You'll want to ensure that the program has a good reputation. Many reviews are available online, so be sure to read them before making your decision.
Keep these things in mind, and you should be able to find the best partition recovery software for your needs. Next, we will list 12 well-known free tools for your reference.
12 Best Free Partition Recovery Programs You Need to Know
When a partition goes missing, it can be a frustrating experience. Not only do you lose access to your data, you also have to go through the hassle of recovery. However, many free partition recovery software programs can help you get your data back. Here are 12 of the best:
- iBeesoft Free Data Recovery
- Active Partition Recovery
- Partition Find and Mount
- Disk Drill Partition Recovery Software
- Orion File Recovery Software
- DiskInternals Partition Recovery
- Acronis Disk Director
- MiniTool Partition Wizard
- Lazesoft Recovery Suite Free
- FonePaw Data Recovery
- BPlan Data Recovery
iBeesoft Free Data Recovery
iBeesoft free data recovery software is a popular partition/disk recovery free program that can word on Windows and macOS. This free tool offers two scan modes to scan every sector to rescue all data thoroughly. However, it has no functional limitations, so it is your best choice for free partition recovery.
- You can recover lost partitions as a whole or make a selection of required files from the display.
- You get the preview facility before recovering your partition to check whether you are on the right track.
- It helps in fixing the corrupted files automatically with the help of a recovery vault.
- It can also recover deleted files from an SD card, USB drive, and disk/partition.
- Free recovery of up to 2GB of files available.
Active Partition Recovery
If you are looking for partition recovery software free that is compatible with many OS, then Active Partition Recovery is a good option. For example, it can work on DOS, Linux, Windows, and WinPE. It offers various partition recovery modes. Even if the volume was lost long ago and created a new one, it is still available to help you get it back.
- You do not require any technical expertise to operate the software.
- With the automatic mode, you can locate and restore partitions that get deleted seamlessly and quickly.
- You get better control over the volume recovery process with the manual mode.
- There are minimal features in the free version.
- It cannot rescue data from other storage devices.
Partition Find and Mount
Partition Find and Mount are also crucial in the best free partition recovery software for Windows 11/10 and macOS list. It can recover deleted partition in Windows 10 and 11 and mount them on your computer. The freeware searches for lost partitions on your hard drive and then mounts them as a virtual drive. This allows you to access the files on the partition and copy them to a new location. It can recover partitions that have been deleted, damaged, or formatted.
- It has an interface that is user-friendly and is apt for beginners.
- It supports all popular file systems, including NTFS, FAT32, EXT2/3/4, and so on.
- It can come in handy if you ever need to access files on a damaged or corrupt hard drive.
- You may find the software incapable due to missing functionalities and features.
- It may not be apt for professional users.
Disk Drill Partition Recovery Software
Disk Drill Partition Recovery Software has a free version that helps recover partitions on Windows and Mac devices. It lends its support to file systems such as; NTFS, FAT, EXT4, and exFAT. It also works with damaged or lost partitions effectively with ease of use.
- The scanning algorithms of the software are powerful.
- You do not require any expertise to operate it.
- You get data backup facilities.
- Certain functions are available in the Pro version, not the free version.
- You can retrieve only 500MB of data on a free version.
Orion File Recovery Software
If you are looking for a hand option among the best free partition recovery software for Mac or Windows, then Orion file recovery software can be your choice. It offers a variety of features that make it easy to find and recover your files, even if you don't know exactly what you're looking for. With Orion, you can search by file type, date range, or even specific keywords. You can also preview files before recovering them, ensuring you get the right ones.
- Many security features come in handy with the software.
- It is easy to operate, and the wizard makes easy recovery possible.
- Orion's expert mode can help you identify the most likely to be recovered.
- There are minimal options that can get configured.
- It is not suitable for scenarios where some partitions are lost.
DiskInternals Partition Recovery
If you want to try the best free partition recovery software that eases your data recovery, then you can use DiskInternals Partition Recovery. It uses a unique algorithm to scan your hard drive and reconstruct the partition tables. Moreover, the free partition recovery software is compatible with all popular versions of Windows, making it an ideal solution for data recovery in both home and business environments.
- The interface is user-friendly.
- It helps scan all the formatted partitions and works with inaccessible and deleted partitions.
- It supports various file systems such as XFS, NTFS, FAT, etc.
- The free version comes with minimal features.
- It is not suitable for data recovery of memory cards, Pendrive, and other storage devices
Acronis Disk Director
If you recently lost your partition, Acronis Disk Director can be the best free partition recovery software option. It can also help you repair damaged file systems. You can opt for manual or automatic mode as per your preference and ease of use. However, you can upgrade to paid versions also for more services.
- It can also be used to recover data from a damaged or formatted hard drive.
- The wizard provides a step-by-step guide that walks you through recovering your partition.
- It supports multiple file formats and systems.
- It cannot retrieve data from encrypted drives or partitions.
- Partition recovery can sometimes be confusing for beginners.
MiniTool Partition Wizard
MiniTool Partition Wizard helps you to easily recover partitions after deleted, hidden, lost, and more. In addition, it has a free version that allows you to create, delete, format, and resize partitions available on Windows and Linux devices. You can convert FAT files to NTFS format. Overall, it is an essential tool for anyone who needs to manage their hard drive partitions.
- It has a media builder that is bootable.
- You can recover raw partition by converting them.
- The interface is intuitive and easy to use, even for beginners.
- It is available for Windows and Linux, and you require a paid license to acquire significant features.
- It lends support to very few file systems.
TestDisk is one of the best partition recovery software free that helps you recover multimedia, documents, or any other files you lost from a partition. This open-source software is easy for professionals and can get used on various devices like Linux, DOS, Windows, and Mac.
- It offers a portable version.
- Open-source software
- It can also fix disk unbootable issues due to loss of partitions or partition tables due to software defects or some viruses.
- There is no preview facility available.
- You require a good knowledge of Command lines to operate the software.
Lazesoft Recovery Suite Free
If you are searching for freeware for partition recovery, then Lazesoft Recovery Suite Free can help you out. It is a powerful data recovery software for Windows 11, 10, 7, and macOS that can easily recover lost or deleted files and repair damaged partitions. The program's simple interface makes it easy to start, and the step-by-step wizard walks you through the entire process.
- It is straightforward and comfortable to use.
- It works for a majority of scenarios where the loss of data has occurred.
- The partition recovery features for data are pretty powerful.
- The recovery is possible only in cases where the data is not overwritten.
- The free version only gives you the bare minimum features.
FonePaw Data Recovery
FonePaw Data Recovery can provide a free trial to help you decide whether you got the best free partition recovery software. It helps if you accidentally delete your partition or lose it due to a complex drive format. In addition, it provides easy steps for operation for quick retrieval of your data.
- It provides you with a file preview before recovery takes place.
- It provides support to a variety of files for recovery.
- There are both quick and deep scanning options for getting back lost files.
- After the free trial, the pro version may be expensive.
- The software slows down the performance of your PC.
BPlan Data Recovery
BPlan Data Recovery is a fantastic recovery tool that can help you find lost, deleted, or inaccessible data from your computer in just a few simple steps. Even if you have cleaned the recycle bin or formatted your hard drive, it can still help you get your data back. It is compatible with all major file systems, including NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and EXT. BPlan Data Recovery is also very easy to use, even for beginners.
- It helps you to avail lost data from various devices, be it a computer, memory card, digital camera, etc.
- It gives you a preview of data before heading for recovery.
- You are limited to 3 files recovery with the free version.
- The free updates for a lifetime are only available with the pro version.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you're looking for information on partition recovery, you've come to the right place. Here, we'll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about restoring lost volume:
A: There can be many reasons why partitions may be lost. Sometimes, it may be due to user error, such as accidentally deleted, corrupted master boot sector, hard drive logic error, etc. Other times, it may be due to an application glitch or a virus. And in other cases, it may be due to hardware failure.
A: In most cases, yes. iBeesoft data recovery software has a success rate of over 90% in recovering lost or deleted partitions and data.
A: The time frame for partition recovery can vary depending on the data loss severity and the drive's size. However, in most cases, iBeesoft Data Recovery completes the process within 1 hour.
A: In short, it's restoring data from a corrupt or lost partition. When a partition becomes corrupt or lost, all of the data stored on that partition is at risk of being lost forever. That's where partition recovery comes in. Partition recovery software scans your hard drive for any traces of the lost or deleted partition, and then attempts to restore the data from that partition.
A: If you need to recover some important files which were stored in the deleted or lost partition previously, you can follow these steps:
- Download, install and launch iBeesoft Data Recovery on your computer.
- Select the lost partition with a yellow warning icon to scan in the first interface.
- After completing the scan, select the found files and click the Recover to save them.
Finally, depending on your needs, you can recreate a new volume in Disk Management and copy the original data into it.
All in all, these are some of the best free partition recovery software for Mac or Windows PC that you can use right now. These solutions will help you recover any lost or deleted partitions quickly and easily. However, we think that iBeesoft Free Data Recovery aces all these aspects, which is why it is our top-rated choice. Finally, remember that partition/data loss is a serious issue, so you should always have a backup plan.