4 Ways for How to Recover Deleted Folder in Windows 11/10 
"Recent day, I was working with some of the most important documents on my Windows computer but suddenly due to the electric power breakdown in the whole town my computer went off. On restarting again, I realized that there wasn’t any such file. How to recover a permanently deleted folder in Windows 11/10? Help me!"
Files and folders stored on a computer’s hard drive are important than the computer itself. These files can be of any type such as photos for a specific event, business documents, wedding video recordings, or a collection of your favorite music. However, a single absent-minded click can lead your folder to get permanently deleted and your files and folder will vanish like a coin in a magic trick. If you are facing such a situation then you are in the right place, here 4 ways for how to recover permanently deleted folders in Windows 11/10 are introduced to you.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Find Deleted Folder in Recycle Bin
- Part 2. How to Retrieve Deleted Folder by Using Previous Version in File Explorer
- Part 3. How to Restore Deleted Folder with Windows Backup
- Part 4. How to Recover Permanently/Shift Deleted Folder in Windows 11/10
Part 1. How to Find Deleted Folder in Recycle Bin
All the folders and files that a user deletes on a Windows computer go straight to the recycle bin. There are two ways to delete a file or folder on a computer one is simple to delete and the other one is permanently deleted. Files deleted by simple delete go to the recycle bin but if files are deleted permanently they won’t go to recycle bin. If you find your deleted files in the recycle bin, you can easily recover deleted folder in Windows 10 using the restore function. Follow the steps on how to get deleted folder back in Windows 11/10.
- Open Recycle Bin on your computer by right click > Open or by double-clicking the Recycle Bin icon.
- Look and choose the deleted folders(s) or files(s) that you are looking for.
- Select the items and right-click and select "Restore" or you can just click on the "Recycle Bin Tools" tab and then click on "Restore the selected items" to retrieve your deleted folder back on Windows 11/10 without software. All the restored files and folders will appear where they were before deletion.
Part 2. How to Retrieve Deleted Folder by Using Previous Version in File Explorer
Unable to find a folder on Microsoft Windows 10 or accidentally deleted a file? No worries, there are still chances that you can restore a deleted folder on Windows 11/10 from the previous version using file explorer. It’s basically a copy of all the files and folders that are automatically saved by Windows for the purpose of the restore point and it’s also known as shadow copies. If you accidentally deleted or misplace a folder of files you can easily restore it using the windows restore point feature. Follow the steps given below to recover deleted folders in Windows 11/10.
- Open File Explorer on Windows 11/10.
- Now locate the folder that you want to recover and right-click on that folder and select "Restore previous versions".
- You will see different versions and choose one which you may think contains your data. Select it and click on the "Restore" button. All the files that were in that restore point will be restored.
Note: one thing to keep in mind that this method will only recover your lost folders you have previously created a restore point before the deletion of the folder otherwise this method won’t work.
Part 3. How to Restore Deleted Folder with Windows Backup
This method can help users who are looking for ways on how to recover permanently deleted folders in Windows 11/10 without software. If you have created a backup of your computer previously, you can easily retrieve deleted folders from System Restore. Follow the steps given below to restore deleted folder with Windows backup.
- Click on the Windows button in Windows PC and type "Backup Settings" and hit enter. You will direct toward the Backup Settings page.
- Click on the "Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" later click on "Restore my files" and follow the steps to get your deleted folders back without software on Windows 11/10.
The drawback of this method is if you haven’t created a backup of your Windows, you won’t be able to get any of your deleted data back. It’s recommended to always create a regular backup of your computer after a specific period of time.
Part 4. How to Recover Permanently/Shift Deleted Folder in Windows 11/10
All the above methods are somehow linked with the backup of your computer, if you haven’t created a backup of your computer there will be no chance of recovering deleted folders. If files are deleted permanently using the Shift + Delete button they don’t go to recycle bin. Instead, they are removed permanently from your computer. The other thing which can lead to permanent deletion of folders and files on Windows is emptied recycle bin. Permanently data remains on the hard drive until you overwrite it with new data but this data remains in a format that is an inaccessible format for the computer to read. These files can’t be recovered with manual methods. Here you need third-party data recovery tools.
The tool we will use is the iBeesoft data recovery tool. iBeesoft data recovery tool works very well on Windows PC and it can read and recover shift delete files or restore emptied recycle bin. It has very powerful and fast algorithms that scan the computer’s hard drive deeply and bring back all the data that was lost or deleted from the computer intentionally or unintentionally. It works in all scenarios whether you created a backup of your computer or not. It’s the best software to recover deleted folders in Windows 11/10. Here are its amazing features:
Your Effective Software for Find Deleted Folder
- Get back data/folders from all the other storage devices such as memory cards, USB flash drives, external hard drives, digital cameras, etc in Windows 10/8/7.
- Supports recovery of audio, video, documents, images, and other files.
- Easy to install and use for everyone. 60 days money-back guarantees, free updates, and technical support available.
- Sort recovered files according to their type and preview files before restoring them to your computer.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Folder on Windows 11/10 Using iBeesoft Data Recovery
The process of data recovery with iBeesoft is very quick and reliable. You have to install the product on your computer and then scan the drive and recover deleted files in Windows 10 , 11. Follow the steps given below:
- Download and Install Data Recovery Software on Windows 10
- Scan Your Computer’s Desired Drive
- Preview and Restore Deleted Folder
Download this software trial version by clicking the download button and install it on your computer according to the instructions. After the installation process launch, it on your computer.
You can choose the file type that you want the iBeesoft data recovery tool to look for or you can simply select a drive, folder, or location and click on "Scan". The scanning process will start and it can take time depending on the volume of the hard drive.
Once the scanning process is complete, you will see all the files that were found during the scan of your computer’s hard drive. You can sort files according to their file types and it offers you to preview files before saving them on your computer. You can see which files were missing and restore them to your selected location.
iBeesoft data recovery free trial tool enables you to scan files recoverable. If you want to use full features to recover the data, you will have to buy a license. You can choose one according to your needs. You will now have a clear idea about recovering deleted folders in Windows 11/10 and now you can easily recover your deleted folder on your computer using the iBeesoft data recovery tool.