2 Ways for How to Recover Deleted Photos from Windows Phone 7/8
The plain truth is that accident happens and data loss occurs. You can accidentally delete photos or even intentionally delete them and later realize that you still need the photos. Thankfully, you can recover photos from Windows phone 7/8 just like that on other types of phone devices. So how can you recover photos from your Windows phone? It is simple. You can explore two different options to recover deleted photos for Windows phone without stress.
Part 1. How to Restore Deleted Photos on Windows Phone with Zune Backup
Microsoft Zune is a proprietary software product of Microsoft. It is a digital media product for Windows phone internal storage and backup. When you save your photos, music, and videos, among others, on your Windows phone, it is stored in the Zune Backup.
Irrespective of how safe and secure the internal storage is, something can go wrong and the data get deleted or corrupted. When this happens, you can recover deleted photos on Windows phone through the Zune Backup. For a start, your SD card and your Window’s storage are considered to be a single storage system.
That means when your phone is connected to your PC, the Zune software backs up user settings and data automatically. This makes it possible to recover data easily. It is most especially easier to recover deleted backups if you have recently backed up them. For your Windows Phone 8/7 recovery deleted pictures to process, follow the simple steps below.
1. Connect the Windows phone to your computer and click open the Zune software. Run the software and wait for the process to complete.
2. When the connection between your phone and PC has been successful, navigate to the "Settings" on your mobile phone and then "Phone" and "Update". Next, click on the "Restore" menu.
3. Wait for the restoration process to complete and follow the promptings on your device to complete the process efficiently and correctly. After the restoration process has been completed, you would be able to see the corrupted or deleted photos on your Windows phone. The good thing is the photos will be restored to the same space where you saved them initially.
It is crucial to mention that this solution only works if you already synced your Windows phone with Zune Backup or if the photos you want to recover are already backed up on Zune Backups. If this method does not work, then the best way to restore deleted pictures Windows phone is to use the second solution.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Photos for Windows Phone 7/8 with Data Recovery Software
In most cases, the first solution enumerated above should restore deleted photos on Windows Phone. However, if you have not backed up the photos before they are deleted, the best solution to restore the deleted photos from Windows phones 7 and 8 is to use data recovery software.
There are a couple of data recovery tools that are available on the market. However, to ensure effective recovery of deleted files, suggest you try iBeesoft Data Recovery software. This is the best software available for recovering photos from Windows phones.
What is iBeesoft Data Recovery Software?
It is a professional, trusted, and reputable all-inclusive file recovery tool that is 100% safe. It is designed to help users recover lost/deleted photos and files from Windows phone 7/8, HDD/SSD, Raw drives, memory cards, and USB drives, cameras, among others.
It is effective for recovery data loss caused by scenarios, including formatted drive, accidental deletion, corrupt storage unit, RAW drive corruption, virus attacks, system crash, and more. It is virus-free and highly effective.
Your Best Software for Recover Deleted Photos for Windows Phone
- Compatible with Windows 7 and 8 as well as higher versions of the operating system.
- Supports the recovery of various picture files, including JPEG, PNG, BMP, TGA, GIF, and dozens of others.
- It supports the recovery of video files, including MPG, MP4, MOV, WMV, MPEG, MKV, and more.
- Recovers audio data loss covering different files, including MP3, WMA, M4A, AIF/AIFF, AAC, APE, WMV, OGG, RealAudio, WAV, and more.
- Can recover formatted, deleted, and lost photos and files from various devices based on NTFS, FAT, HFS+ ext2, ext3, and NRFS5 file system.
- Easily locate target files using Filter. Scans and previews files before the recovery.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Recover Deleted Photos from Windows Phone
To effectively recover deleted photos from Windows phone internal memory, the first thing is to stop using your Windows phone where the photos have been deleted. This is to prevent the data from been overwritten when you perform other functions on the phone. The steps below will help you to recover deleted photos from Windows phone.
1. Download the software. This photo recovery app is compatible with Microsoft Windows operating system. After the download, install it immediately on your Windows PC.
2. Connect your phone device to the computer and launch the iBeesoft Data Recovery tool on your PC. When a window pops up, select the phone’s hard drive to begin the scan process. Place your mouse over the folder that you want to recover your photos from and click the "Scan" button to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11, 10 and other OS.
You also have the option of filtering the file types to reduce the scanning time. To do this, click "Go to Settings" below the first window popup and deselect the unwanted file types.
3. After the scanning, you can preview the details of the files to be sure that you have the deleted photos. When you have found the target photos you want to recover, select all of them and click the "Recover" button to save them on your PC.
Part 3. What are the Causes of Data Loss on Windows Phone and How to Avoid
There are various reasons why you may experience data loss on Windows phones. One of the major reasons for data loss is the improper handling of the phone. It takes a click and a few seconds to erase or format the content of an SD card or internal storage. It is recommended that users carefully select the appropriate option before they perform any tasks on their devices.
Apart from handling devices, Trojans and Viruses are also possible causes for data loss on Windows phones. Here are the highlights of possible causes of data loss on Windows phones and the possible solutions to resolve them.
- Improper Usage of Windows Phone. When you turn off your phone while data is in the writing or reading process, you can lose the data. It is recommended that you do not switch off your phone when data reading or writing is in progress. Ensure you have enough power reserve to complete a program processing before you commence.
- Unintentional Formatting. When you connect your phone to any PC, the system may prompt you to format the device before accessing it. If you click the format option, all the saved data on your device will be deleted. If this happens, you would need to use a professional data recovery tool like iBeesoft Data Recovery to recover deleted pictures from Windows Phone.
- Virus Attacks. When you connect your Windows phone to a virus-infested computer system, the malware can make your photos and other files on your phone device inaccessible. You need to format the device to restore it to its normal functioning self. You can use the iBeesoft Data Recovery tool to recover data lost due to a virus attack on your device.
- Transfer Error. It is possible to lose files while transferring them from your Windows phone to a computer system. This can happen when there is an interruption, such as a system crash and power failure, among others.
If this happens, wait for a while for the system to come up. Check the phone to see if your pictures are still there. If you cannot find the files, you need to use a data recovery tool to recover the lost files.
Whatever the reason for losing photos or any files on your device, you can recover them with the right steps. This post has shared two different ways you can recover deleted photos from Windows Phone.
It also looked at different causes for data loss on your Windows phone. We recommend that you download the iBeesoft Data Recovery software to enable you to recover data instantly and easily whenever a data loss occurs.