Fix GoPro SD Card Error and GoPro SD Card Error Recovery
It is a common problem that people always see "SD card error" and "No SD card" on GoPro Hero 7, 8, 9, 10, and more. When searched on the internet, you can see people are complaining about it. Actually, it is not a big deal after you learn what the reason caused this and the troubleshooting way to fix GoPro SD card error. Check out the SD card error by GoPro details now.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. The major 6 causes of GoPro SD card error and how to fix SD card error GoPro respectively
- Part 2. How to GoPro SD card error recovery
Part 1. The major 6 causes of GoPro SD card error and how to fix SD card error GoPro respectively
There are 4 major causes of GoPro 10/9/8/7 SD card error. You need to check out your SD card carefully to see which your SD card problem and fix the problem correspondly.
#1. Fix GoPro card is 'SD ERR' or 'SD ERROR'
- Backup all photos and videos to other drives
- Make sure the memory card and GoPro are connected properly
- Power on your GoPro
- Open "Settings"
- Select the recycle bin icon to Delete All/Format your SD card
- Exit this menu
#2. Repair GoPro SD Card Error of 'NO SD'
If the SD card is fully inserted into the GoPro and the same problem is displayed after powering on, then a Windows PC/Mac is required to fix the problem of "GoPro hero 10/9/8 SD Card Error".
Note: Please backup the files in the SD card to your computer. If you skip this step, then all data on the SD card will be deleted completely. Of course, if the data is useless, then forget about it.
for Windows User
- Connect GoPro card to PC using card reader
- Hold "Windows + R" at the same time
- Type "cmd" and click the OK button
- In the window that opens, type "compmgmt.msc" and press Enter
- Click "Disk Management" in the list on the left
- Select GoPro SD Card in the list of drives
- Right-click and select "Format..." from the menu
- Select the file system as "FAT32"
for Mac User
- Connect the memory card to the Mac
- Open Disk Utility
- Select your GoPro card and click "Erase" at the top of the window
- If the storage space is less than 32GB, then select "MS-DOS (FAT)" in the "Format" menu. If the storage space is 64GB and above, select "ExFAT".
After following the wizard to finish formatting the drive, reconnect it to the GoPro.
#3. GoPro SD card is not properly formatted
It happens often to an old SD card which had been used in another camera or device. When you try to use it with GoPro, you need to format it first, making it work with GoPro.
- Copy GoPro SD Card data to computer
- Inset the SD card to your GoPro camera
- Enter the setup menu by pressing the front power button. Press the top button to select the setup menu. Press the front button until you see the trash can icon selected.
- Select "ALL/Format" option. It will wipe the SD card clean of all data, including any potential issues that has caused the GoPro SD card error.
- When it finished, shot a video or take a picture to see whether the GoPro error has been formatted or not.
#4. The GoPro SD card read and write speed is not fast enough.
The GoPro SD card error for GoPro often happens after recording in a high-resolution or high-frame rate mode. To fix SD card error of GoPro, the only way is to ditch the old SD card for a new one.
#5. Firmware are not updated
It often happens when you’re using a pretty new SD card with the an older GoPro version. It is similar to computer firmware. If you want to keep your computer run properly, you need to keep it updated all the time.
To update the firmware, please connect the GoPro to the computer. Next, figure out which GoPro model you’re using, find the firmware update here, follow the instruction to install it.
#6. GoPro SD card is not clean
If your SD has been used for months or years with GoPro and suddenly stopped working, it might be caused by the dust. In this case, you need to clean it with a soft cloth or toothbrush, making sure the clean is complete. When the SD card is dry and clean, insert it back to the GoPro camera again.
Part 2. How to GoPro SD card error recovery
Among the 6 causes for GoPro SD error, to fix 3 of them, you may face the risk of deleting or losing the existing videos and pictures on the GoPro SD card. If you’re not lucky enough, losing the data, you can try iBeesoft Data Recovery to do GoPro SD card error recovery. It is a professional tool developed for people to recover deleted files from GoPro on Mac/Windows PC
Your Effective GoPro SD Card Error Recovery Software
- It works for all types of SD cards and supports all the video and pictures types you shot on GoPro.
- It has a separate version for Windows and Mac data recovery software. You can choose the one depending on your computer operating system
- Only in 3 simple steps, it will get your lost videos and photos back from GoPro camera: connect GoPro with computer, scan the SD card, preview and get back the lost data.
Download iBeesoft Data Recovery to repair GoPro SD card error now!