How to Recover Files from Seagate External Hard Drive on Mac
This article is going to talk about how to download and use the Seagate recovery software to recover files lost or deleted from Seagate external hard disk on Mac (you can download it by clicking the DOWNLOAD button) as well as how to solve the problem of Seagate external hard drive not showing, working on Mac, and repair corrupted Seagate external hard drive on Mac.Download for macOS Download for Windows
Seagate external hard drive offers speed and capacity, and it’s a convenient tool for work. You can save a lot of data on the device, including photos, movies, music, games, and documents. However, the drive may encounter trouble and the files on it will be nowhere to be found. When this happens, you will need to recover Seagate hard drive to get back your lost files. In this post, we will share detailed information on how to recover files from Seagate external hard drive on Mac.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1: Seagate Recovery Software for Mac
- Part 2: How to Recover Files from Seagate External Hard Drive on Mac
- Part 3: Seagate External Hard Drive Not Showing on Mac
- Part 4: Seagate External Hard Drive Not Working on Mac
- Part 5: Repair Seagate External Hard Drive on Mac
Part 1: Seagate Recovery Software for Mac
Data loss on Seagate external hard disk can be caused by a variety of reasons. Some of these include logical hard drive failure, including system corruption, virus attack, formatting, and accidental deletion. It may also occur due to physical damage or mechanical failure. Whatever the reason for losing data on your Seagate external device, it’s possible to recover everything. You can completely recover data from Seagate external drive on Mac with a professional data recovery tool. For a simple and effective recovery process, we recommend iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac as the best Seagate data recovery software for Mac.
iBeesoft Data Recovery is an easy-to-use but highly effective tool for Seagate recovery for Mac. Its features include the following:
Your Safe & Effective Seagate Recovery Software for Mac
- Supports over 800 file types, which include different formats of pictures, audio files, videos, and documents, among others.
- Supports maximum recovery of Seagate external hard drive on Mac from various file lost cases, such as accidental deletion, drive formatting, and improper drive removal.
- The best seagate recovery software for Mac is very easy to use with no technical jargons.
Part 2: How to Recover Files from Seagate External Hard Drive on Mac
In this part, we will look at Seagate hard drive data recovery on Mac with iBeesoft Data Recovery. It’s simple and in four simple steps, you will have all your data restored with nothing lost. You should download the software and install it on your Mac device. Next, follow the steps below to restore data from Seagate external hard drive on Mac.
- Connect the Seagate drive to your Mac with the digital cable. Ensure that the hard drive is detected by the computer.
- Launch the Seagate External Hard Drive Data Recovery software on your system. A window menu will pop up. From here, select the file types that you want to Seagate external hard drive recovery on Mac. Click the ‘Start’ button when you are done.
- Select your Seagate external hard drive in the next window as the source where you want the files to be recovered. Next, click on ‘Scan’ to recover files from external hard drive on Mac.
- If the Seagate external drive has a large storage space and has many files, the scanning process may take a while. You don’t have to worry though, allow the software to do its job. When the scanning is complete, you will see the files arranged by categories. Review the data and click the ‘Recover’ button to save the files to your computer. With this, you would have to find Seagate hard drive data without any stress.
Part 3: Seagate External Hard Drive Not Showing on Mac
When your Mac does not recognize the Seagate external drive, it will not show up on your Mac. In this case,
- Go to Finder > Preferences > Sidebar tab.
- Select ‘External disks’ under ‘Locations’, and then check out your desktop to see whether the Seagate external hard drive will show up or not.
If not, then you’re going to try this way.
- Disconnect your Seagate external hard drive from the Mac PC.
- Restart the Mac system.
- Reconnect the Seagate external hard drive to the Mac, maybe another USB slot and wait for a while.
- Check to see if the hard drive icon is showing on the Desktop and Finder.
This should resolve the issues and you can recover Seagate external hard drive without losing any data on your storage space or your computer.
Part 4: Seagate External Hard Drive Not Working on Mac
his is another issue that Seagate external hard drive may face when using the device on a macOS. This particular problem is different from the hard drive not showing on Mac. In this case, it’s more than just not showing. It means that the Seagate external hard drive is not connecting because of the malfunctioning of the USB connection or any other issue, like file system conflict. If the partition map is also corrupt, the Seagate external hard drive may not work. Solve the problem by:
- Connect the Seagate external hard drive to your Mac PC.
- Navigate to Disk Utility and you may see that the external drive is showing as an unmounted disk.
- If step 2 is the case, or the Seagate hard drive icon is greyed out, select the disk from Mac’s left panel and click on the ‘Mount’ button. This will bring the external hard drive back to life.
If it still not work, make sure to recover Seagate hard drive data and format the hard drive file system to ex-FAT with Disk Utility on Mac.
Part 5: Repair Seagate External Hard Drive on Mac
It’s pretty straight-forward and simple to repair the Seagate external hard drive on Mac using the Disk Utility. The Disk Utility is an important tool that can be used to resolve cryptic disk errors on a storage device. To repair Seagate external hard drive on Mac with the First Aid in Disk Utility, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Disk Utility panel and select your Seagate external drive.
- Click on the ‘First Aid’ tab and launch the repair.
- Wait for a while to allow the Disk Utility to repair the hard drive.
After the repair, you should retrieve the data on the external hard drive to another location and format the Seagate external hard drive.
It’s easy to recover Seagate external hard drive Mac. All you need is the right tool to do the job. In this post, we’ve looked at the most recommended this external hard drive recovery software, iBeesoft Data Recovery, which you can trust to recover all lost data from malfunctioning Seagate external hard drive.