Unlike other phones, iPhone allows you to restore text messages if you lost or deleted an important text message. If you have deleted messages from long-lost friends or loved ones who passed away, then you must want to restore deleted text messages on iPhone. Here in the following, I’m going to introduce you 4 ways to restore deleted text messages on iPhone.
The built-in feature on iPhone allows you to backup iPhone to iTunes or iCloud. If you have done the backup regularly, then you can restore the deleted text messages to iPhone with one of the backup file.
If you don't use the iTunes/iCloud to backup text messages, please use the method #2 to restore deleted messages from iphone.
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer via the disgital cable and launch iTunes. From the main window, you can see your iPhone appears on iTunes window.
2.Choose "Restore backup". After then, the data you previously backed up to iTunes will be restored to your iPhone.
1. Click Settings > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backup. Take a look at which backup file contains your deleted text messages. Generally, you need to confirm it by its date. Find the old backup file.
2. Tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. After then, follow the wizard to finish the whole process.
3. When you see the option to recover your device from an old backup, choose the iCloud backup file from step 1 to restore your iPhone with it.
For me, I think restoring deleted text message directly from iPhone is the best solution. It never has any bad effect to the current data. Here are the steps for how to do it.
1. Install iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery software on your computer. The restoring process is carried out on your computer. It will avoid the data overwritten issue on your iPhone. iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery is a professional tool to scan your iPhone for deleted text messages.
2. Connect your iPhone with your computer via a USB cable, making sure your computer detects your iPhone. If not, please make sure you have tapped the option "Trust this computer" option on iPhone. Launch iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. Click "Recover from iOS Device" option on the top of the software. Select your iPhone and click "Scan".
3. When the software finished the scanning process, you can see the found text messages by filtering the file type in the result window. Select text messages to preview. If they’re the target files you need, check them and click "Recover", saving the text messages to your computer.
Though it is named as restoring deleted text messages from iTunes backup file, it is quite different fro the Method #1. It will not overwritte your iPhone. You don’t need to use your iPhone to save the deleted text messages.
1. Download and install iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery on your computer. It allows you to restore your iPhone text messages from iTunes backup files without erasing the current data.
2. Launch iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery and click "Recover from iTunes". After then, you can see the software begins to detect your iTunes backup files automatically. You just need to select the backup file that contains the deleted text messages and click "Scan".
3. In the result window, preview the text messages you need and select them. Click "Recover" to save them to your computer.
If you have backed up the deleted text messages to iCloud, you can try the similar way to extract text messages from iCloud backup file as well and you don’t have to reset your iPhone to factory settings.
1. Download and install iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery on your computer. It enables you to restore your iPhone text messages from iCloud backup files.
2. Launch iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery and click "Recover from iCloud". Log in your iCloud account. The software will not remember or connect your account and passwords. After then, you can see the all the iCloud backup files available.
3. Select the iCloud backup file that contains the deleted text messages, and click "Scan". From the result window, you can see your target text messages. Select them and save on your computer.