How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone with/without Backup
I’ve been asked several times how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup on iPhone. Actually, there are 7 ways available, ranging from scanning the iPhone directly, extracting the iTunes backup files, extracting the iCloud backup file to get from the WhatsApp backup file. To know any of them, you can easily find WhatsApp messages on your iPhone. Check the recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone ways below and choose the one that’s right for you.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup (paid)
- Part 2. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages with iTunes Backup (free & paid)
- Part 3. Retrieve WhatsApp Messages with iCloud Backup File (free & paid)
Part 1. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup
If you had not backed up your iPhone before deleting the WhatsApp messages or it's not long since you've deleted the WhatsApp messages, you can try iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery to quickly and completely to iPhone WhatsApp messages recovery without backup, but scan your iOS device for the deleted WhatsApp messages.
iBeesoft data recovery for iPhone is a professional tool specially designed for users to recover deleted text messages, photos, videos, music files, contacts, notes, and more from iPhone without Backup. It is fully compatible with the latest iOS as well as all kinds of file types. Take a glimpse of its main features:
Your Effective iPhone WhatsApp Data Recovery Software
- 3 Recovery Mode: to make it 100% to recover deleted whatsapp messages on iPhone without backup, it allows you to scan iPhone directly, extract WhatsApp messages from iCloud and iTunes backup files.
- Support Data Lost Scenarios: whether the WhatsApp messages are deleted intentionally or unintentionally, lost due to factory resetting or other reasons, the software will find them.
- Safe and Easy to Use: Simple interface, built-in navigation streamlined the iPhone WhatsApp messages recovery process.
How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup on iPhone
- Download and install iBeesoft iPhone data recovery for Mac or Windows.
- Connect your iPhone with your computer via a USB digital cable.
- Start scanning of your device to extract WhatsApp Messages
- iPhone WhatsApp recovery without backup
Please note it’s a desktop tool. Due to Apple's permission restrictions, It cannot be installed on your iPhone directly. So, our software is based on Windows/Mac.
The software for recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone without backup will list your iOS devices in the list. Check it and click "Scan", letting the tool scan for the deleted files. During the scanning process, you can see all found files are sorted into categories.
In the result page, you can see the find files. Select WhatsApp messages, preview them. If they’re the one you’re looking for, click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Part 2. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages with iTunes Backup
If you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes before the WhatsApp messages deletion, then you can find WhatsApp messages on iPhone in the following 2 ways.
Method #1. Extract deleted WhatsApp messages from iTunes backup
- Download and install iBeesoft program on your computer. Launch it and select "Recover from iTunes". By using this way, it will not have any effect on your iPhone data.
- From the "Recover from iTunes" you can see the software is looking for all the iTunes backup files. Select the one that contains your WhatsApp messages and click "Scan" txtract the deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone.
- When it finished, you can find all files in the iTunes backup file are extracted and sorted into categories. Select iPhone WhatsApp deleted messages to preview. If it is the target file, select it and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Method #2. Retrieve deleted iPhone WhatsApp message by iTunes backup file
Before you try this way, you should know that it will erase everything on your iPhone, fill it with the old data, including the WhatsApp messages you deleted, from your iTunes backup file. If you want to keep the current data on your iPhone, then try Method#1 in part 2. If you don’t mind it, then go ahead:
- Make sure the iTunes on your computer is the latest one. If not, update it first. Now, launch iTunes on your computer and use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to it. Ensure iTunes detects your iPhone. If not, check out whether you’ve click the "Trust the computer" on your iPhone or not.
- Tap on the "iPhone" appears on your iTunes at the top left corner and then get into the Summary tab from the left menu panel. Click on the option "Restore Backup" and select the iTunes backup which contains your WhatsApp messages from the pop up list. Click the "Restore" button to confirm the action.
Part 3. Retrieve WhatsApp Messages with iCloud Backup File
If you have backed up your iPhone to iCloud, then you can get deleted iPhone WhatsApp messages back from iCloud backup file, either by extracting WhatsApp messages or restore them to your iPhone Device. Here are the detailed steps for how to do it.
Method #1. Find iPhone deleted WhatsApp messages by extracting from iCloud backup file.
- Download and install WhatsApp Messages recovery iPhone APP. It is able to extract WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup. Feel free to install it on your computer by following the built-in navigation guide.
- Click "Recover from iCloud". Log in your iCloud account. The software never collects any of your data. It needs to get your iCloud backup file and extract iPhone deleted WhatsApp messages for you. After then, you can see all the backup files available.
- Select the iCloud backup which contains your deleted WhatsApp messages and click "Scan". It takes a few seconds for the software to extract files from the iCloud backup file and sort them into categories.
- In the result window, you can see deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone. Select file to preview and select the ones you’ve deleted from iPhone to recover by clicking the "Save" button.
Method #2. Get deleted WhatsApp messages back on iPhone by restore
As an iPhone user, you must know that if you have backed up iPhone to iCloud, then you can restore your iPhone with the iCloud backup file. It works if you had backed up WhatsApp messages before you delete them on your iPhone, to iCloud. Before you restore your iPhone with iCloud backup, you must know that it will erase all current data on your phone now. Instead, old data will be restored.
- Before restoring deleted WhatsApp messages via iCloud backup file, you need to erase all content on your iPhone first. Click Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and confirm your actions. It takes a few minutes to delete all files there and reboot.
- During the process of rebooting your iPhone, you need to set up your iPhone by selecting Restore from iCloud Backup > choose the iCloud backup file that contains your iPhone deleted WhatsApp messages > wait for the process to complete. During the process, keep your iPhone in good battery and network conditions.
Yes, it’s possible to recover deleted WhatsApp message without backup, but with data recovery software. You know, deleted files are not permanently removed from iPhone once they’re deleted in a short time. They’re waited to be replaced by new data. In this case, with data recovery software, you can retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages.
From WhatsApp official backup, it depends on how frequency you do the backup: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, OFF. WhatsApp only retain the most recent backup file on iPhone.
And if you have backed WhatsApp to iCloud or iTunes, it means you can recover deleted WhatsApp messages from the backup file as far back as your back file lasts.
In this case, how far back you recover WhatsApp messages from iPhone fully depends on how you do WhatsApp backup. If you do not have any backup, the sooner the better and you need iPhone data recovery software for help.
To read a deleted message on an iPhone, uninstall WhatsApp and then reinstall it from the Store App on your device. Once you are logged in again, you will be given the option to restore chats from a backup.
To recover deleted WhatsApp messages, once you have backup, then you can restore from the backup.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your smart devices.
- Reinstall WhatsApp and set it up with your phone number.
- Once the app is set up, you will get a prompt asking you to restore messages from a cloud backup(iCloud for iOS, and Google Drive for Android).
- Confirm it by clicking "Restore". This will bring back the messages that you had accidentally deleted.
If you do not have any backup, you have to use data recovery software on computer for help, for example, iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
No. it depends. If you have enabled WhatsApp backup, or backed up iPhone to iCloud/iTunes, then you can do the restore without any third-party apps.
No, you will not lose your WhatsApp conversation by doing the backup. Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. Click the green "Backup" button and the backup file will be available in the Database folder of WhatsApp in the local storage.