4 Methods To USB Drive Recovery 
Is it possible to retrieve a USB drive? This page will show you everything you need to know about USB drive recovery. Scroll below to find how to recover USB files safely.
Have you ever disconnected a USB drive while some data was still being transferred, and you discover that you had lost not only the files that were still being transferred but also files that were already on the USB drive? Don't worry if you've lost files on your USB drive unintentional deletion, formatting, malware, or any other reason.
Here are four techniques for regaining access to them, for the easiest, download iBeesoft USB recovery for Mac or Windows PC, which will help you restore the files and get you back up and running in no time.
Part 1. What Causes USB Flash Drive Corruption
Why will the data on your USB flash drive be lost? A variety of issues might result in data loss from a USB drive. The Following Are the Most Common USB Flash Drive Data Loss Scenarios:
- Erroneously or carelessly deleting files from a USB flash drive cannot be discovered in the recycling or trash bin.
- Files are lost when transferring from a USB drive to another device for unknown reasons.
- Forgetting to unplug the USB drive after closing down the computer, which resulted in the deletion of some files.
- When a virus or malware attacks a USB flash drive, files become hidden or deleted.
- The files on the USB drive become inaccessible for any reason.
Part 2. How to USB flash drive recovery without Software
Losing files on USB and recovering them is a tough job. But don't fret; here, we have outlined few methods on how to USB drive recovery can be made without using the Software.
Method 1. Perform USB Data Recovery Using Command Prompt
The first method is to use the Command Prompt. Although this method can recover data from a USB device, it does necessitate a more hands-on approach. The fact that it only works on hidden files is one of its limitations.
- First, all you need to do is connect your "USB Drive" to the PC.
- Next, run the "Command Prompt" as an administrator.
- Once the "Command Prompt" screen opens, type the attrib b -h -r -s /s /d F:\*.* (F is your USB flash drive) and hit "Enter".
- Finally, once the steps are done, you will be able to see hidden files on your "USB" drive.
Method 2. Recover Lost Files from USB with Backup
If you made a backup of the lost data, you can usually restore the information with a 100% success rate. The steps are as follows:
- First, locate your USB backup data on your computer or external storage device.
- Now, locate and select your lost data from the backup.
- In the end, just copy and save the data to the "USB Drive".
Method 3. Use the Restore Previous Versions Feature
The Restore previous versions feature, which is available in all modern versions of the Windows operating system, allows you to recover deleted files without the use of third-party applications, but it only works if you enabled it before deleting your files.
Here’s how to do it:
- First, attach your "USB Drive" to the PC.
- Next, scroll to the "Start Menu", and in the search box, type "This PC" and then hit enter button.
- Now, right-click on your "USB Drive" and tap on the "Properties" option.
- Scroll to the "Previous Versions" tab and search for all recovery available options.
- Finally, in the end, select the version and tap on "Restore".
If you don't notice any previous versions, it indicates you won't be able to utilize this approach to USB drive recovery. In that case, we recommend moving on to the following part, which is guaranteed to function no matter what.
Part 3. How to USB drive recovery with iBeesoft Software
If you are looking for competent USB drive recovery software, the ultimate solution is iBeesoft Data Recovery. It can get back all crucial files and folders from your USB hard disc drives as well as undelete items from USB flash devices.
It can also recover data from other removable media drives, such as a pen drive, compact flash, secure digital card, flash memory, and other equivalent mp3, mp4 music players, pocket PC, super drive, and more. This safe drive recovery software can help you recover deleted files, even permanently deleted files, by hitting the Shift+Del keys or clearing the recycle bin.
Your Effective USB Drive Recovery Software
- It can effortlessly restore photographs, documents, music, videos, and other files lost due to deletions, formatting, virus attacks, and other data loss scenarios from USB/pen drive.
- To ensure near-perfect USB drive data recovery, two scan modes are available: Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
- Fully compatible USB device data recovery with Windows 11/10/7/8/XP and macOS.
Here in the following are the simple steps to USB drive recovery:
- Connect your USB drive to your computer and ensure it is recognized. Next, download and install iBeesoft undelete or unformat USB software on your computer.
- Now launch the USB drive data recovery software.
- Next, select the USB drive and tap on "Scan" to perform USB drive data recovery.
- During the scanning operations, you can see that the Software finds files. On the left, they are organized into categories. If the files you're looking for are found, you can immediately terminate the scanning process. By clicking "Recover", you may preview the files and recover them to your PC.
Just because you've lost essential files doesn't mean you can't recover them. We've outlined four methods for a USB drive recovery in this post, including a professional-grade data recovery solution called iBeesoft, and it's now up to you to follow our instructions and save the day.
FAQ for How to Recover Files from USB Flash Drive
How to recover deleted files from a flash drive without Software?
The Previous Versions backup option in Windows allows you to recover deleted files from a flash drive without using Software. Still, it will only work if you activate it before losing your data. If you had, simply right-click on your USB flash drive, select Properties, and then navigate to the Previous Versions tab.
Where do deleted files from a USB drive go?
They don't go anywhere; when you delete a file from a USB drive, the file remains physically present on the device, but its storage space is labeled empty. As a result, using USB recovery software, it is possible to recover deleted files that have not yet been overwritten.
How to fix a damaged USB flash drive?
Fixing a physically damaged USB flash drive is tough, and it frequently necessitates removing the flash memory chip from the drive and putting it onto a new circuit board. If you are not sure about doing, so we strongly advise you to take the flash drive to a professional data recovery center.
How to recover deleted files from usb flash drive on mac?
Unlike on Windows PC, there aren't as many ways as it on Mac. To recover deleted files from USB flash drive, one is checking the trash can on mac, looking for the deleted files there. Another is making use of iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac to recover lost and deleted from USB flash drive on Mac.
- Connect the USB flash drive with your Mac.
- Download and install the data recovery software on Mac.
- launch the data recovery software and click "Start".
- In the next step, select the USB flash drive to scan and click "Scan".
- Found the needed files from the scanning result window. Select them and click "Recover" to save them on your Mac, not saving on the USB flash drive.