How to Undelete Files in Windows 11/10
Have you accidentally deleted important files from your computer system? Are you looking for ways to retrieve deleted files on Windows 11/10? To answer these important questions, we have put together a guide on how you can undelete files in Windows 10 or Windows 11 to prevent you from having to put up with the stress of lost data.
How Does Undeleting Work?
Before we move on to how to undelete files in Windows 11/10, let us address a common issue regarding data recovery first – how does undeleting actually work? When you delete a file from your hard drive, it does not get destroyed/deleted from the drive itself but instead it becomes unreferenced i.e. no address/location points to the data anymore. Because of this, the delete files become invisible and appear to be ‘deleted’ from the computer system. This means that the data that you delete is still physically present on the hard drive until it is overwritten by new data.
This is why it is essential that you stop using your computer system, especially saving new data, after you have accidentally deleted files from it to prevent it from overwriting the data. If you have deleted files and wish to get them back, the first thing you need to do is to stop doing anything on the system and then follow the steps that are given below – this will maximize the chances of recovering all your deleted files in its original form.
Safe & Effective Windows 10 Undelete Tool
One of the most reliable methods for undelete files in Windows 11 or Windows 10 is to make use of the powerful and renowned Windows PC undelete tool, iBeesoft Data Recovery. It is an intuitive and easy-to-use tool that you can use for unformat or undelete files from a number of storage devices – even after you have permanently deleted (Shift + Delete) the files!
Here are the key features of undelete tool for Windows PC:
- Beautiful Interface: A simple and clean layout designed in a beautiful and intuitive manner is what describes the user interface on this Windows/Mac undelete software. It is very easy to use, navigate through, and understand which makes it suitable for novice users, as well.
- Supports Various Storage Devices: Whether you have deleted the files from any drive, iBeesoft Data Recovery can help you undelete files from SD card, disk, external hard drive, USB drive, or digital camera.
- Supports All File Types: Unlike other undelete tools that are dedicated to a single file type only, It is an all-in-one software that you can use for getting graphic, video, audio, document, email, and other files that you have deleted from your computer system.
- Dual Scanning Mode: There are two modes of scanning in this Windows 11/10 undelete tool – Quick Scan (that scans device at a fast speed but has lesser data recovery success) and Deep Scan (that scans the device thoroughly to ensure near perfect data recovery).
- Preview Before Recovering: To make sure that you undelete the right files, the tool will display you all the deleted/recoverable files once the scan is complete so that you can choose which files to undelete for your convenience.
Step-By-Step Guide for Windows 10/11 Undelete Files
Now that you understand why iBeesoft Data Recovery is the best choice for get back deleted files in Windows PC, let us take a look at the step-by-step process of recovering deleted files in Windows 11/10 with the undelete tool:
- Download and install the undelete file tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install and launch it on your computer system.
- Select the files that you want to recover
- Once you have chosen the file types, click on the "Scan" button to begin the data recovery process.
- Check for recoverable files
- Select the deleted files to save
All file types will be selected by default but if you wish to undelete files of a specific type then you can click "go to setting" tocheck just those options.
You will now be able to preview the partitions available on your computer system – choose the partition that you wish to undelete deleted file from and then click on "Scan".
This will perform a Quick Scan of the partition and preview all of the deleted files from the partition that you can restore. All the files will be sorted according to their file type in a tree-directory that you can manage in the left-hand panel of the window.
You can choose which files you wish to recover and which ones you want to remain deleted. Once you have chosen the files, click on the "Recover" button on the top right corner of the window.
Tip: If some files is not find, then you will need to perform a Deep Scan of the partition. For performing a deep scan, click on the "Deep Scan" option on the top of your window. Once the Deep Scan is complete, you will again be shown the preview of all recoverable files from the partition as above – you can choose the files you wish to undelete and then click on "Recover" on the top right of your window.