How to Recover Deleted Photos from Snapchat on iPhone/Android Phone/Computer
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms in existence today and has a user base that is in the hundreds of millions. It is one of the most unique apps when it comes to sharing photos and videos to other people. However, sometimes the saved data that you have on the Snapchat app can get deleted from your phone or system as well and there is a big chance that many Snapchat users would want to get that data back. To help you figure out how to restore Snapchat photos we have come up with a comprehensive guide that covers all devices. Keep reading to find out more on how to recover deleted photos from Snapchat on iPhone and other devices as well.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How To Retrieve My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat
- Part 2. How to Restore Snapchat Memories
- Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos on iPhone
- Part 4. How to Recover Deleted Photos from Snapchat on Computer
- Part 5. How to Restore Deleted Snapchat Pictures on Android Phone
Part 1. How To Retrieve My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat
Before we talk about receiving your My Eyes Only pictures, it is important that you understand the nature of this feature. When Snapchat says that they are for your eyes only, that is exactly what they are talking about. What it basically means is that even Snapchat does not have access to the pictures that you have in the My Eyes Only collection. Therefore, if you do manage to lose photos from that collection, there are two methods that you can use.
Method 1: Requesting Snapchat
This is not guaranteed to work at all and is only being recommended because of iPhone users. Since they cannot look through app files on the phone, what they can do is contact Snapchat through the app and have them provide your data for you. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the Settings menu on your Snapchat app
- Tap the Privacy tab and select the option named "My Data".
- In the login prompt that appears, enter your account details again.
- Send a request to Snapchat to provide you with any data that their servers may have stored. You could also ask them to extract pictures from your application files for you if possible and share them with you.
Method 2: Checking Your Phone’s Filesystem
Another method on how to recover my eyes only pictures on Snapchat is to explore the phone’s filesystem. As you know, Android users have a lot more access to their phone’s filesystem and they can explore all the app data directly without needing any external help. Here is how you can look for the photos in the Android filesystem:
- Open the file explorer and go to the main file storage menu.
- In the "Android" folder, find the subfolder titled "com.snapchat.android".
- In the folder, look for any files that have a ".nomedia" extension on them.
- Remove the extension name from the file name and it should restore the photos to your Snapchat app automatically.
One thing to keep in mind here is that these files can get erased as well so to ensure success it is better than you look for the files immediately after you lose them. This is all you need to do if you were wondering how to recover my eyes only pictures on Snapchat android.
Part 2. How to Restore Snapchat Memories
Snapchat memories are a feature provided by Snapchat in which you can save your favorite snaps right in the app instead of using the phone’s gallery or camera roll in the case of iOS. However, not saving to your phone also means that you do not have any local copy that you can access or move to another device for safekeeping. However, since they are saved files, Snapchat holds the form you on their servers and this is where a request submission comes in. The process on how to recover deleted Snapchat memories on Android or iPhone is also quite simple. You need to follow these steps to get your memories back from Snapchat.
- In the Snapchat app, open the Settings menu by selecting the gear icon.
- Find the My Data option in the settings menu and select it.
- The app will ask you to log into your Snapchat account again so enter your credentials here.
- Once logged in, find the "Submit Request" option, and tap on it.
The app will now prepare your data and send you a link via email once it is ready. Clicking on the link will take you to the My Data page again where you will see a status saying “Your Data is Ready” along with a zip file. Download the zip file and open the Html file inside to view all your memories in the browser. You can easily download the memories you want to keep and save them to your phone. You can also follow the same procedure on how to recover deleted Snapchat memories on Android on your computer to get your memories back.
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos on iPhone
Even with all the restrictions that an iPhone has regarding accessing files, you can still get back your Snapchat photos in multiple ways. We will be sharing multiple methods on how to recover deleted photos from Snapchat on iPhone here along with the steps that you need to follow in each case. You can use the one that suits your needs the best but do read through all of them to see how much work is involved in each option.
Method # 1: Find Snapchat Photos from iTunes Backup File
Almost everyone who uses an iPhone and does not pay for an iCloud subscription is probably still using iTunes to back up their data. It is convenient and free, even though it can take some time to do it. Thankfully, the backup process is quite comprehensive and that means if you backed up your phone before losing your photos then they can certainly be found in a backup of yours. Here is what you need to do to access that backup:
- Start by connecting your iPhone to your computer via USB cable.
- Open the iTunes app and make sure it is updated to the latest version.
- Open the phone menu by clicking on the small iPhone icon under the main tabs.
- Click on the Summary tab under the Settings headers to open system information.
- On the right side of the screen, look for the "Restore Backup" button and click on it.
- Select the backup that you think should have the deleted photos saved on it and then click on the Restore button.
iTunes will now restore the backup onto your iPhone and once the process is complete you should be able to find the pictures you lost in the Photos app.
Method #2. Get Snapchat Photos Back from iCloud Backup File
While iTunes is free to use and reliable, it is still a tethered option. What that means is you can only do it if you have access to your computer. However, if you want to know how to recover Snapchat pictures on iPhone without Computer, you need to have an iCloud backup first. If you do create regular backups on your iCloud account, you can easily restore the phone to an earlier backup and retrieve the lost photos easily. The process on how to recover Snapchat pictures on iPhone without computer via iCloud is much easier and here is how you can use it to find your deleted Snapchat photos.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to the General > Reset menu.
- In the Reset window, select the option that says, "Erase All Content and Settings". ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE SURE THAT YOU HAVE AN UP-TO-DATE BACKUP!
- Enter the password when prompted to confirm deletion and wait for the resetting process to complete.
- Once the iPhone reboots, go through the setup, and in the screen that says Apps & Data, select the option that says, "Restore from iCloud Backup".
The device will now restore the phone from your iCloud backup and restore all the files including photos. Your lost Snapchat photos should be present in your Photos app now.
Method #3. Scan iPhone for Deleted Snapchat Photos with iPhone Data Recovery Software
While you could opt for the methods defined above, you also have another method that is much easier and takes zero effort while being extremely thorough. We are talking about using a Snapchat photo recovery tool, specifically iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. This is software that can find anything you have lost on your phone and bring it to you in a few simple steps. You can save your data to your computer thanks to the thorough search algorithms in this software. It supports a huge range of file formats so your Snapchat photos should certainly get recovered using this tool. Install this Snapchat photo recovery tool on your computer and then follow these simple steps to recover permanently deleted photos from iphone without backup:
- Open the iBeesoft Snapchat recovery software on your computer and connect your phone.
- In the "Recover from iOS Device" option, you should see your phone appear. Click on the "Scan" button next to it to start the scanning process.
- The software will now go through your phone’s memory and extract the deleted files. You will also be able to preview the files and select the ones that you want to find.
- Click on the "Recover" button on the bottom right part of the app to download the selected photos to your computer.
This method is extremely easy, and you also get to select what you want to restore instead of having to reset your phone completely. There is both convenience and safety when you decide to use iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery software. It can also help you recover Snapchat messages on iPhone.
Part 4. How to Recover Deleted Photos from Snapchat on Computer
Some people have the habit of not only using their Snapchat account on their computer but also saving photos there. If you are such a person and have somehow managed to delete your Snapchat photos, worry not. There is a perfect Snapchat photo recovery tool that you can use free of cost and get all your photos back.
The tool in question is the iBeesoft Data Recovery software, a tool that can scan any type of drive or storage media that can connect to your computer and give you access to all your deleted files. With support for a wide range of file formats, you can not only get your Snapchat photos back but a lot of other stuff as well. Once the best hard disk recovery software is installed on your computer you can get all your files recovered and ready for download in just a few steps. Here are the steps you need to take on this tool if you are wondering how to recover Snapchat photos saved on your computer.
- Install the iBeesoft Data Recovery on your computer and run it.
- From the drives that appear on the screen, select the one that had your Snapchat photos saved on it. If it is an external drive or USB, then connect it to your computer before proceeding.
- Once the drive appears on the screen, hover the mouse over it and when you see the "Scan" button, click on it.
- Let the software scan the drive for your photos and other material and once you see the photos, go through them to decide which ones you want to restore.
- Select the images you want to retrieve and once you have selected all of them, click on the "Recover" button on the bottom right to save the photos on your computer.
Part 5. How to Restore Deleted Snapchat Pictures on Android Phone
If you are wondering what the best way is to recover how to recover My Eyes Only pictures on Snapchat android or any other Snapchat photos saved on your phone, then there are two methods that you can explore.
Method #1. Recover Deleted Photos From Snapchat in Android by Cache Files
Android thankfully allows users to access its filesystem freely and that can be quite handy when recovering deleted Snapchat photos from phone. To pull your Snapchat photos from the cache, here is what you need to do:
- Go to your File Manager app and open the Android folder.
- In this folder, you will need to find a subfolder with the name "com.snapchat.android" and open it.
- Find the Cache folder inside this subfolder and look for your photos in another subfolder labeled "received_image_snaps".
Once you have found the images, copy them to your Pictures folder in the main directory or anywhere else you want.
Method #2. Restore Deleted Snapchat Photos on Android from Cloud
One of the best things about Android is that it provides massive storage space for its users completely free of cost. For pictures, you can find them in the form of Google Photos and if you are smart, you might have your Snapchat photos backed up there. However, this will only work if you have the Auto-Sync feature activated on Google Photos. To get your photos from your backup, you will need to log into your Google Drive account. Here are the steps that you need to take:
- Go to drive.google.com and then enter the login credentials that you have used for Google Photos on your Android phone.
- Open the "Recent Backup" folder on your Drive and you should find all the data you are missing saved here.
- You can also select the Snapchat photos that you want to save and then download them easily by clicking on the "Restore" option given in Google Drive.
The photos should get downloaded now and you can have them saved on your computer or phone again.
The above-mentioned are ways for how to recover deleted Snapchat photos on iPhone, and Android devices as well as computers. Though they’re workable and powerful, I still recommend you back up important files. It’s the only way that 100% to prevent data loss issues.